Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By kapow
#239665 They come in a 2.25" and 2.5" inlet with a 3.5" tip. This muffler is made in China but distributed by XForce in Australia. I weighed both mufflers and I can tell this is a good weight reduction mod as this muffler only weighs 5kg (11lbs) where as your standard civic muffler weighs 7kg (15lbs) which means that is a 2kg (4.4lbs) reduction in weight!!

Just like Mugen and obx's version of the twin loop, this muffler has similar characteristics as the original. This muffler gives off an awesome sporty note at idle and screams in the 4-5000rpm range, but not loud enough that it attracts unwanted attention. Although when vtec engages it makes a slight crackling/high pitch noise so a resonator might be reasonable to add in the system. The system I installed on my EG6 which only has a B16 and mugen ecu, is 2.25 with piping to match from the cat back. I noticed improved torque in the lower range, midrange and responsive acceleration.

If you can't afford the original, I highly recommend this exhaust, at only $220aus it's a bargain

(I will be carrying out some decibel testing later this week for both mufflers, stock and twinloop)

UPDATE: I did some searching and found, Toda Australia done some tests, this xforce muffler makes more power then the Mugen twin loop

As you can see, high quality welds around the barrel

It may seem big when you recieve it but when installed it fits snug under the Civic bumper
Last edited by kapow on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kapow
chilango41 wrote:Lets hear a sound clip :thumb:

Soooooooon, i'm using a studio quality mic, just need an adapter for it. I'll be the first one on youtube using decent gear to make a clip instead of using a cell phone like others ^^
By kapow
chilango41 wrote:
kapow wrote: instead of using a cell phone like others ^^

Was that towards me? Because I used a cell phone for the video on my build thread :cry: :lol:

oh no no, I just seen some clips on youtube where people film their exhaust with a cell phone
By Eg6H2D
kapow wrote:They come in a 2.25" and 2.5" inlet with a 3.5" tip. This muffler is made in China but distributed by XForce in Australia. I weighed both mufflers and I can tell this is a good weight reduction mod as this muffler only weighs 5kg (11lbs) where as your standard civic muffler weighs 7kg (15lbs) which means that is a 2kg (4.4lbs) reduction in weight!!

Just like Mugen and obx's version of the twin loop, this muffler has similar characteristics as the original. This muffler gives off an awesome sporty note at idle and screams in the 4-5000rpm range, but not loud enough that it attracts unwanted attention. Although when vtec engages it makes a slight crackling/high pitch noise so a resonator might be reasonable to add in the system. The system I installed on my EG6 which only has a B16 and mugen ecu, is 2.25 with piping to match from the cat back. I noticed improved torque in the lower range, midrange and responsive acceleration.

If you can't afford the original, I highly recommend this exhaust, at only $220aus it's a bargain

(I will be carrying out some decibel testing later this week for both mufflers, stock and twinloop)

UPDATE: I did some searching and found, Toda Australia done some tests, this xforce muffler makes more power then the Mugen twin loop

As you can see, high quality welds around the barrel

It may seem big when you recieve it but when installed it fits snug under the Civic bumper

How can i buy this muffler??