Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By the honda guy
#165631 Hello all I recently bought a password jdm balanced shift knob and circuit hero.com's shift lever extender,
passwordjdm.com link
http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Bala ... 0C327.aspx
circuithero.com link
http://www.circuithero.com/products.html

anyway I started to install the shift lever extender and noticed a problem, the threads were just a little to long for the shift knob and I had to run a 10x1.50 mm tap and dye through the threads cause they were a little rough, I have a friend who had the same problem with one. It was realy no big deal though. Then I was able to put the balanced shift knob on and put the extender on the dual bend shifter. overall I love it, great feel still has short throws, and I noticed that I dont have a second gear grind anymore, I dont know how this helped with the grind but it is gone and was very noticable before. I would also like to add that with this setup your shifter is now very close to your steering wheel and is much easier to smash gears and get your hand back to the wheel, and helps out greatly when ripping through turns. ON a scale of 1-10 for the extender I would rate it about an 8, if it werent for the thread problems I would of givin it a 10. As for the shift knob I rate it a solid 10, no defects and it has the best feel, I like it better than the sk2 weighted shift knob. I have pics of it in my hatch, the first pic is the knob on the extender.
and this is it installed
a pic of what the top of the knob looks like

I hope this review helps anybody that is looking for another setup out.
By VegasCivic
#165642 I'm interested now :thumb:

can i see a pic from a different angle? Maybe from drivers window level facing toward it.
By the honda guy
#165878 I will grab a pic tomorrow when I go to the shop.
By Baby Carlos
#165890 I wish they made this for my car
By the honda guy
#166082 what kind of car do you have?
By Baby Carlos
#166086 02 vw gti lol
By VhondaW
Baby Carlos wrote:02 vw gti lol

i actually made an extension from a scirroco shift rod and welded it on in my 84 gti.... it worked fantastic

i miss that shifter :(
By Baby Carlos
#166095 see I dont really wanna weld just yet, may pick up a spare assembly and weld that one up but as of now to broke for that
By the honda guy
#166113 thats cool, dude y dont you email them and ask them to make one with your thread type, I emaile them like a day later and asked if I could get a good sized sticker for the inside of my triple bank lid and they hooked me up with a huge sticker for nothing, I know it's just a sticker but usually companies charge for the big stickers and give you little ones for free, so maybe they will make it with your thread type.
By Baby Carlos
#166128 Mine isn't threaded, I think I'll pick up a spare and jb weld the top and sides and jam a pipe hat hugs it tight on there then cut it to the height I want
By the honda guy
#166175 oh, I know nothing about v dubs, sorry brudda
By Baby Carlos
#166183 Lol no worries, I think I'll find a spare and weld up an extension and do a custom knob