Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By melloball
#129201 I bought this system about 6 weeks ago. Purchased for $250 shipped from Autocom.com. It shipped in one week in a well packaged box. Given the price and the non-brand name, I was more than nervous about everything, fitment, sound, material quality... I must say however, I am pleased with almost every aspect of it. It fits perfectly on all hangars with no modification, and bolted to the cat with no problems. From start to finish it took 2.5 hours(most of which was spent sawing the stock exhaust off) including clean up. If you have access to something other than floor jacks to raise your car, I'd say you could count on spending under 2 hours. All pieces to the exhaust have an anti rust black paint coating that looks sweet and is decently durable. The only thing that is chrome is the tip coming off the muffler. One thing i didn't like is the tip goes from 2.25 in. from the muffler to a rolled 4 in. tip. My coupe also has a lot of black trim and for some reason, i can't get used to the look of chrome on it. It is an aluminum exhaust, 2.25 inches in diameter from the cat back, 16ga. It sounds real nice with a deep tone through and almost silent when idling, all i can hear is my intake sucking up air unless im moving. Aside from the tip, the only other thing i can complain about is that the gasket to go between the cat and pipe is rubber... so throw that out and get yourself a nice metal one, and it didn't come with the bolts for attatching it to the cat, something it said would be included. Overall, I do recommend this exhaust. Obviously if you have $600 to drop on one, get out of here and get yourself some skunk2 or greddy... but as a mid priced exhaust, you won't be disapointed. Until i make it through winter up here in wisconsin, i give it a 7 out of 10. I will come back if anything happens to go wrong in the near future.
Mel
By melloball
#129762 Yeah... I had'nt really thought of that. I was just going to buy a new muffler, Good idea. I'm going to try to get some pics up this summer.
By chrono404
#129785 I have a Pacesetter header on my B16 EK Hatch. Seams decent Quality. :thumb:

$250 for a Stainless Steal Exhaust isn't bad at all. Much cheaper then what a Muffler shop would charge and they would just bend the pipe not use manderal bends.
By melloball
#130686 as mentioned above, its actually aluminum. I'm straying far from the pacesetter headers, i know for a fact they actually have a smaller i.d. than the stock ones, atleast for the d16.
By marvinp8700
#130915 i had pacesetter on both my egs and i loved em. sounds good and fits great. also price is good.
By Matt.M
#133750 I was actually pretty excited to look on that site and check out the exhaust and order it for my hatch....buuuuuuuuuuut, I looked for 4 things, and they didn't have a single one of them even though they have the folder for you to click on...so I x'ed out of the site.
By melloball
#133918 damn man, sorry to hear that. i just went to google shopping and found the cheapest system from all the companies there. I've never heard of autocom, it was just the cheapest one.
By 94EJ2
#236603 im just gonna say pacesetter isnt a non name brand pacesetter has been in business since 1972. i had pacesetter tips on my first truck 7 years ago they have a very good quality product i see that truck around and the tips still look new they may have just started doing import products.
By Flatland_EG
#236636 You might want to actually look into a new muffler. I had pacesetter exhaust on my old accord and the tip of the muffler, going into the canister, rusted completely off in a little over a year. It actually fell of while driving down the highway. :oops: :) Then again, I do live in ND where if you don't like the weather you just wait a minute. :D
All in all though, it was a good setup for the price.
By 95CivEg
#236640 just bought a pacesetter header for my d16 and all i can say is its great so far, didnt have to extend the O2 sensor wire like i've heard ppl complaining about with the DC headers, also carb legal and great price.

did not come with heat resistant paint but thats not a big deal

heres a pic after i wrapped them and installed

By coldvision2000
#236655 I’m actually looking to purchase this header but without the amour coat cause it's pretty much double the price with it how was the install ? and where is the o2 sensor at also do you think it'll go good with a buddy club spec cat back ?
By 95CivEg
#236670 I wrapped it actually by myself, Its Lava Vulcan header wrap not that spendy
$25 i think plus the stainless ties but it def. makes a difference. Under hood temperature i can tell has went down alottt, after driving and the engine being hot u can rest your finger on the header without it instantly blistering.

Install was simple, hardest part was getting the old O2 sensor out lol, its located in the section where the four tubes connect. New 02 sensor would be a good idea too, threads in better than the old worn out one
By dbrooks
#244442 ^^^^ i just wrapped some of my friends headers! i think its kinda fun! :D
By melloball
#326592 2 1/2 years and 3 Wisconsin winters later, the exhaust is still in great shape.