A place to post all your Non-Automotive Pics. Nature, People, Stills, etc. Anything without Wheels!
By JWN_EG_SI_93
#172940 Im a photog specializing in portrait fashion and documentary style work.

check out my stuff some time.

www.jeffdojillo.com

spent some time in san francisco and san diego .. relocating to Los Angeles.

holler
J.
By Chance
#173190 Awesome pics dude!! Love the one with the dude on the sidewalk with the pic in his hand and the girl in the distance. What do you shoot with?
By JWN_EG_SI_93
#173235 Im kinda old school. I still shoot film which is most of book one. and for my personal work i did for thailand was a mix of both. I shoot medium format film with a Hasselblad 500c.

For my fashion and commercial work, I shoot with a canon 5DM2 and power packs. Currently Im in LA working with some pretty dope photogs. I recently relocated to LA from SF.

I use film when its project sepcific but mostly for my fine art work and personal work including portraits. Thanks for the comments.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE!??!?!

:thumb:
By Chance
#173245 Nice, I would love to learn film. I've been using a d40 w/kit lense for 2 years now. Haven't had the funds to upgrade. BUT getting a D90, 50mm f1.4 and 70-300mm REAL soon :wink: :woot:
By JWN_EG_SI_93
#173249 it all depends on your application. D90 is nice and it has a decent HD vid. IMHO its all about the lens. I shoot witha 50mm 1.4 cuz i shoot pretty wide and Its fast under low light for my every day stuff.

if any one has and photography questions dont hesitate to ask me.. even tho its a civic eg forum :woot:
By DontHateonEG8
#173256 Nikon is for fags. Canon is the best! :woot:

I have an old school Canon 300D, one of the first DSLRs introduced by Canon. pretty shitty at the moment but here is some of my work:

By Chance
JWN_EG_SI_93 wrote:IMHO its all about the lens. I shoot witha 50mm 1.4 cuz i shoot pretty wide and Its fast under low light for my every day stuff.

This is exactly why I'm picking up that lense. I'm also wanting a 105mm But that will have to wait. I'm keeping my d40 and will be shooting with both. The d90 just has some extra features that the d40 lacks(and it will be nice to have 2 bodys, because me and my wife both are into it)
By VegasCivic
#173268 Book two is better :thumb:

50d and sometimes a 5d. Waiting for this tax return so people can buy up my old lenses and make room for the new stuff 8)

By JWN_EG_SI_93
#173291 I used to use a Nikon, the battle between nikon and canon is everlasting like politics. Good for different things. At the moment I think canon is winning the over all battle.

D90 is good. wireless lighting system.. all i gotta say about that.

vegascivic:
Thanks for the comment. book two is just commercial work but i enjoy all types of photography. I like the post you did on that image. clouds are nice composite.

TAX RETURNS are the shit!
By teal_dx
#173302 I had a D70, sold it in 2008 and for a D300 and love it! It came with the 18-200mm VR lens. I sold my 18-70mm and 55-200mm (I think that's it). It's nice not having to swap lenses on the field and get dirt in your camera. Although plenty of dirt finds its way into my D300... more than my D70 ever did.
I've shot with old school large format 4x6 and think that everyone should try it. Starting with film really teaches a photographer to plan and visualize instead of shooting away and having to spend time retouching in photoshop.

I don't wanna thread jack in here anymore, you'll see some of my photo threads in this section if you wanna see my car pics :)
By Vti93T
#173325 pictures are pretty nice..I might have to do a portfolio like yours sometime. :thumb:
By JWN_EG_SI_93
teal_dx wrote:I've shot with old school large format 4x6 and think that everyone should try it. Starting with film really teaches a photographer to plan and visualize instead of shooting away and having to spend time retouching in photoshop.

very wise words. Large format is the bomb. im an "in camera guy" myself.

Thanks for all the kind comments. :D