If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By EconoBox
#359046 I was looking through some photos and thought this could be a cool thread idea for those of use who have owned several Honda/Acura cars over the years.

Post up your old Hondas and the stories that go with them if you want.

Teal_dx if this is in the wrong place please move it.

I'll go first.

My First car.
1995 Civic DX with an Automatic

The first stack of parts to start working on her. Bought all this back in 04/05ish I think.

This car was hit and totalled by an 83 year old woman. I ended up buying the car back from insurance and swapping everything into my second car.

Second Car.

1995 Civic EX
I bought this car and did everything to it. B20 swap, Type R transmission... tons.
I have a million pics but I'll just put the one. This car was stolen in Orlando, FL during my first year of College over at UCF.

Third Car
1992 Civic LX, manual, bone stock
I was over having dinner with some friends and park up in my friends front yard. A drunk driver lost control and t-boned and totalled it.. WHILE IT WAS PARKED. Due to the circumstances I finally came out ahead $ wise leading to building my next car.

Fourth Car
1993 Civic EX, H22a swap, nitrous, JDM interior, Wilwood brakes, and tons more.
Between moving, divorce, and a ton of other things with life getting in the way this ended up being parted out. I bought it back a few years ago with plans to rebuild her again... and it just never happened. I ended up buying my last hatchback and scrapping the sedan shell.

While I had the 4th car I picked up several toys. At the time I was doing great financially and had a lot of fun cars to choose from.
I bought a caged, LS swapped EG hatch

Ended up trading it for a CRX

About 6 months into owning the CRX I had put the Wilwoods and wheels from my 4th Civic on it and had taken out the B16 that was in it and fully freshened it up with all OEM Honda rings, bearing, and gaskets. The original owner stole the car using the key and it was found stripped. JUST MY LUCK... police suspected the original owner but no arrest was ever made.

Sorry its a tiny cellphone picture... but I also bought a 2008 Honda Fit Sport as a fun little daily for my now ex-wife.

We ended up trading this in for a 2008 Honda Civic SI Sedan when she got bored of the automatic Honda Fit.... I don't seem to have any pictures of that car handy.

At this point in time I bought my house and decided to cut back a bit. The CRX had just been stolen along with the brakes and wheels that were suppose to be on my sedan. Insurance and I weren't seeing eye to eye on the appraised value payout for the theft of the CRX. The appraisal of the car wasn't properly documented on their side so I ended up fighting with them for over a year to get my check for the CRX. In the mean time I had bought a house, towed my sedan and parked it in the new garage, and I couldn't carpool everyday in the 08 SI so I needed a car.

Thats when I bought a 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe that a customer had traded in at work. I picked it up for a shocking price of $500 plus whatever I had to pay at the DMV. I had a lot going on a never took any pictures of this car. Within a few months of buying it the D16z6 seized up and died. Tore it apart to find a bent rod. I needed a daily so the H22 from my parked sedan came out and ended up in the coupe. I took her out to the races one weekend and after showing some kids the K killer in action I had a ton of interest in people wanting to buy a car I had next to no money invested in. A friend offered me $4500 and I took it.

Thats how I ended up buying my 2004 RSX Type-S

I absolutely loved the interior of this car and how it looked. But man I hated how it felt in turns. Something about the design of the RSX steering rack I could just never get used to it. I talked with race teams and perfmance shops all over the country and bought one off parts to correct suspension geometry and even though the car was a blast with my K24a2 swap and enough grip for whatever I wanted to do I just didn't like the feel of it. So I sold her.
Image[

Before selling the RSX I picked up this one owner 1989 CRX HF for $1000 from the original owner (who bought it from my work in 1989!). I freshened up the paint with a buffer and replaced some of the missing blue interior pieces. A small tune up with all OEM Honda parts and I enjoyed the car for a few months getting just under 50mpg on my commute to work. I took the CRX with me to a local classic car show where a local car collector promptly offered me a ridiculous sum of money for so I parted ways with this beauty.

I had been helping a friend build a Civic CX hatchback into his "stance" dream car. The car had been in my garage for almost 2 years already and was just finally driving. After my friend took the car out the first time he realized it was too much for him and decided to part ways with it. I didn't hesitate at all making him an offer since I had built the entire car and knew what was left and how much was invested. That is how I ended up with "Pedro"... yes, the car had a male name... The spanish kid we bought the shell from was named Pedro and the car was so rigged the jokes just stuck and the car carried on the name.

In all this time my dream daily driver was a TSX with a 6 speed manual...
I had talked about it with one of my service adviser friends at work and not even a week later one of his customers came in with a 2006 black on black 6mt TSX to have an inspection before he listed it for sale. Knowing I was looking for one the service writer came and told me the situation and I worked out a deal with the owner!

I hope you enjoyed the very shortest possible version of my stories and my list of cars. I really want to dig up some pics of my 08 SI and my old teal Coupe... Gonna have to dig through my old hard drives.

I look forward to seeing what cars everyone used to have!
By teal_dx
#359049 Great post!!

My journey is much shorter than yours, but I picked up my first honda in early 2000, after I got tired of my chevys breaking.
Image Image
1988 Prelude S

It handled amazing, even on stock 13" tires. The interior fit me like a glove and was the most comfortable of any car I have ever owned. It wasn't the most practical, especially for hauling anything... so I sold it when I found my next Honda...

1992 Civix DX

I picked this up for $3k in summer of 2000, with 103k on the clock. This car wasn't as sporty, but I always wanted a hatchback. This is the car for which I started a wordpress blog, which soon became the civic-eg.com forum in 2006. I lowered it, did a mini-me, got into auto-x, fixed rust & painted, swapped to manual and a boosted z6... the rest is history (build thread in sig :) ) Did the marriage/house thing in '08 and the car has been in the garage about 90% complete since. I might get to put a couple-few hundred miles/yr on it anymore. It's 25 years old next year! I'd love to keep it forever and do a full restoration (I was a rookie at the paint/body work I did in 2006) Paint it OEM teal, and do tasteful modifications from the 90's/early 2000's, to make it period correct, like it would have when the import scene was just starting to get big. On the other hand, I have considered selling because when am I ever going to get the time to do all that.

In 2006 when I decided to go all out on building the EG, I picked up this 96 HX for $1500 to be my new daily driver.
It had a shuddering CVT, so I converted it to manual. It still got 40+ mpg with an EX trans.
Some guy t-boned me in 2007, and his insurance cut me a $3200 check :lol: I bought a used door for $60 and spray painted it black. I kept it until 2010, when I sold it for $1200 to buy my truck.

In 2012, my daughter was born and the 85 Toyota pickup wasn't the most reliable daily driver when you have a baby. So I put historic plates on the truck and found a 2006 6mt TSX for the new daily. It's the perfect all-around car with more options than I was ever used to, and it's just quick enough to have some fun with the 6-speed. I added a K&N, 18" BBS, and Koni/GC suspension and that's all I plan on doing to keep it a good daily. I'll keep this one for a while. :)
By EconoBox
#359060 Teal_dx those old Preludes are such fun cars! I wish my car history was shorter. I would love to still have my white four door. I'm working on getting a real EG9 SiR so hopefully I can pick up where I left off on my last sedan. This years goal is to finish boosting the TSX and next year is getting back into an EG for a project car.
By TrailerTrash
#359176 Trip down memory lane indeed! took me back going through all my old pics. alot of good memories with friends :thumb:

spring 2007 i got this 94 DX hatch from a guy my buddy went to school with. he had a few field cars and four wheelers and trucks he wanted to sell this one so i paid $200 for it and a set of Cragar SS wheels for my truck :thumb:

no title ignition switch was broke it was hotwired turn signal was stuck on ect. ran PERFECT and it was FUN. going through the creek, getting stuck in mud, burnouts, ebraking in the grass ect
me and my buddies wanted to take it to the burnout contest the fallowing spring at Performance and Style at the Carlisle fairgrounds. but in the mean time my buddy had bought an EF hatch that he wanted to swap so i sold him the swap for $200 and parted the car out a bit. then stripped all the good stuff off and cut it up for scrap. i used alot of parts on my coupe a few years later

at the same time i had the hatch my buddy had a CRX HF with the old 8 valve multi point engine. thing was such a turd. he sold it to another buddy of mine for $250 who took of the full header back DC Sport exhaust system for his CRX Si then gave the car to me as a replacement burnout car for the fallowing springs burnout competition that my hatch wouldnt be a part of.
a short time later it became this
for the life of me I cannot remember how it happened but a buddy of mine got a D16A6 swap in a deal with someone or he got it for free i dont remember but he donated it to the CRX for a bit more power for the competition. sooooooo we decided to see just how much the old 8 valve could handle before we pulled it out for the A6 engine and Si tranny swap.

it redlined for 8 minutes straight no problem. we couldnt get it to blow! it had like 280k on it leaked oil burned oil but it wouldnt die. so we fed some water in the intake and put a few pebbles in the oil fill cap and it eventually put 4 holes in the block :lol:

we swapped the A6 into the car and had some issues with the transmission not going into gear(could have been why the swap was free i dont remember) and i think we got an offer for the engine from someone my buddy knew or something i dont remember that part either lol but we pulled the swap out and cut the car up for scrap after selling some parts off it

didnt have any hondas for awhile then i got this bad boy for $450 in 2009
XR50 with an 88cc kit, bigger carb, big boy bars, extended swingarm, and an aftermarket clutch. i put an ebay aftermarket pipe and some offbrand ignition box on it. it was FAST. it would do 50MPH and still have more to go. i lost my job and sold the bike summer 2010

i bought my coupe in november 2009 with 246k on the body and who knows how many on the D15B. some of you guys will remember my build thread that had a shitload of pics in it that were broken links after i put too much trust in Imageshack. so this is the quick version of the last almost 7 years with this car.

the day i got it for 800 bucks
i lowered it, put on good tires, did a few little things to it here and there
then i painted it florescent pink
then satin burgundy with some CRX button wheels(spray painted white walls) and a sticker bombed fender
then flat black
then white with hot pink wheels and some hood artwork
then painted the hood white and found some 14 inch American Racing wheels
then Krylon Ocean Breeze Blue with 13 inch Centerline steel wheels painted with colorshift paint. something like the "chameleon" paint jobs
then i did some major rust repair on the quarters and driver side rocker. then gave it a fresh coat of paint and painted the wheels white

and this is how it currectly looks. i hit a deer last october so its got my old Carlisle fender on from when the car was burgundy. just hot 308k miles the other day and got 46mpg on my last tank of gas :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By teal_dx
#359199 I love to see all the phases of Trailer's coupe on one page. Can't believe it has already been 7 years since you got that car.
By TrailerTrash
#359214 we have spent quite alot of time together. its been alot of fun messing around with this or that trying this look or that look. or learning how to fix this or that :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ive often thought of replacing it with a lower milage coupe/hatch/del sol but ive never been able to go through with it
By Civic_HatchSI
#359230 1990 Civic DX Hatch 4SPD
1992 Civic SI Hatch REDDRICK ;)
1991 Civic DX Hatch 5SPD
1995 Civic SE Coupe Auto/Manual Swap
1993 Civic CX Hatch 5SPD SIR Swap
1992 Acura Integra GSR
1992 Civic SIR-S Hatch
1999 Civic DX Coupe
2002 Civic SIR Hatch
2004 CBR 600 F4i
2001 Acura Integra SE 5SPD
1992 Civic CX Hatch
1999 Civic SE Sedan 5SPD
1999 Honda CRV 5SPD
2001 Honda S2000
1996 Honda Integra XI J32 swapped

I had other cars but not Honda's so I didnt include them into the list.
In total we still have 5 cars in the yard... need more space haha