If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By ghskid06
#356267 Hello civic-eg. Long time no see. Some of you may remember me. Im the guy who had that del sol, hatch, and a few sedans that he never should have gotten rid of. But you live and you learn.

I looked for a looong time. Didn't want to spend to much money because its a project car after all.

What I finally found was an 98 ek coupe (dx model). Its red which is fine and it included lots of goodies. It was in non running condition and the owner was tired of spending money on it.

So I picked it up and towed it home for $900 bucks. Threw a new distributor on it and it fired right up. Unfortunately is wasn't running smooth and was smoking a lot. But I really didn't think it was the head gasket as there were no other signs and compression was good. Upon inspection of the exhaust fumes I realized it was running extremely rich.

So I began to tear it apart when I realized that the injector wires all came out of the harness at the same point and were all the same length. My suspicion was suddenly that they were hooked into the wrong injectors and as it turns out, they were completely flipped around (4/1, 3/2, 2/3, 1/4). I put each plug with the right injector and now it runs beautifully. Also came with the d16y7 ecu (p2e) so I changed that out.

I finally managed to figure out a way to get photos up. Stand way back and crop the hell out of it.

When I got it:
00y0y_b5mmur0dqxn_600x450.jpg

As of 10/12/15
WP_20151012_10_04_45_Pro (2).jpg

--------
Anyway, here's a little bit of info on the car so far.

Performance
_____
-Bottom end-jdm d15b
-Top end-d16y8 with d15b cam
-Ecu- chipped p2p
-Intake-skunk 2 manifold and short ram with cone filter
-Exhaust-edge 4-2-1 and 2.25 strait back to an high flow muffler (deep but too loud)
-Ex transmission

Exterior
_____
Wheels-voxx racing
Suspension-fully adjustable coil overs and camber, aluminum lcas
Body-stockish with a rear lip and ex sideskirts
So very nearly rust free
Headlights-Hids

Interior
_____
Stockish with red stripe delsol seats

Future plans include a lot of fixing up and paint.

Last edited by ghskid06 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 am, edited 10 times in total.
By ghskid06
#356268 Just saw that you can now upload strait from here but it doesn't seem to like my phone either. :?
By teal_dx
#356271 Welcome back! It sounds you found a hell of a deal- I like hearing stories like that.
As for the pic upload... what exactly are you experiencing?
By ghskid06
#356272 Teal! Hello sir, I am super excited to get back into civics. I've longed for another since I got rid of my last one. :love:
Last edited by ghskid06 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#356279 I believe that I've discovered the issue. The file size is too large. Phone has a 20mp camera. Ill get some pictures up shortly.
By ghskid06
#356565 After waiting for a new brake master cylinder to come in the mail all week it arrived today; totally different part/fitment than what I ordered. I don't even think its for a honda. Soo they sent out a replacement with "one day" shipping for free which is supposed to arrive saturday. Then, finally then, I can start driving this thing. :D
Last edited by ghskid06 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#356616 So the second master cylinder was still the wrong part. Im going to send them back and get it from a parts store. In the meantime I've just pulled one from another civic and its working fine.

Currently car is running and driving fine. Still very happy with the purchase overall and im going to keep fixing her up.

The exhaust is too loud even with the muffler I put on (2-1/4 all the way back with two 18" resonators and a high flow muffler). So I need to figure out how to quiet it without robbing power. Blower motor works but no air comes out of the vent. :?

Shocks are blown :lol:

Short term additions/mods include:
-Rear disc conversion
-power doors
-new front bumper, driver fender
-actually installing other parts laying around my garage

Second day driving it to work and its starting to feel like my car.
:D
WP_20151013_16_18_50_Pro (2).jpg
Still need to get the ex sideskirts on.

Sorry about the crappy photos im working on that. Have to crop it to about 1/10 original size with relatively low quality settings to meet the 500kb requirement (im about 50ft from the car with no zoom in these photos). What I need is a program to reduce size for me.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#356674 Finally figured out how to get images from photobucket on my phone.

Got the ex sideskirts on this morning as well as deleted the aftermarket spoiler :D
Soo much better already. Hopefully this weekend new driver side fender,door and power conversion. Also get the rest of plasti dip off the wheels, remove hood spacers and put the other trunk lid on to get rid of the spoiler holes.

By ghskid06
#356919 New center console today
Also blower motor and fan so I can have heat/air. Picking up power window conversion, driver door, driver fender this week. Hopefully some new front seats also.

I do have the little insert it just popped out during cleaning.

Also don't mind the mess of wires I was pulling out all of the wiring that had been added for subs and whatnot.
By ghskid06
#356933 Just waiting patiently for me to get off work and go for a drive.

By ghskid06
#357265 Lots of stuff to put on this coming weekend. Mostly cosmetic/return to oem stuff.

Thinking about removing my short ram and putting a factory intake with high flow filter instead. I don't want to have to stress in wet weather.

Recent fixes include (simple things that just improve driving experience so much):
-blower motor and attached fan
-climate control push/pull wire reconnected and lubed
-pulling antenna out of pillar and reattaching to plate
-tracking down the antenna wire connections to find where it was disconnected and getting it plugged back in.
-reattaching front bumper cover to fenders so that it doesn't sag and there is no gap.

Yes, I don't like the jdm sticker either but it was put on right over a paint bubble and removing it pretty much guarantees pulling paint off with it.

My bumper cover was ripped so these washers help cut into the plastic and keep it in place.

Still working on getting the plastidip off of the wheels. Got some stuff that im going to try out this weekend.

And just for fun since there is a state certified scale at work (-180 for myself =2340 on a full tank)

Will post more pictures after this weekend with new parts and stuffs. Also planning to get out and take some photos of the car out and about.