If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Driv-it-hard
EconoBox wrote:It's going on the alignment rack any minute now.

We loosened the steering rack, motor mount bolts, and steering rack. We are going to shift the subframe to even out the caster in case it moved. From the alignment rack readings we should be able to see if there is anymore damage. The readings should give me an idea what/if anything else is damaged. Worst case scenario I just have to drive across the street to our collision building and put it on the frame rack to measure the subframe.

That is the best plan of attack. You are on the right path. Give us the update of good news when you can.
By EconoBox
#358876 All done. Alignment is back in spec. Well back to my specs lmao. I do need to finish my quarter panels so I can bring the rear camber out. Front camber 2.0 rear camber 4.5 ( this will be at 1.5 as soon as I roll the rear quarters been avoiding doing it lmao) toe at 0.01 out all around.

The subframe is very slightly bent on the drivers side. It won't change anything unless it gets hit really hard again so I'm going to leave it alone for now. When I say slightly it is moved just enough to tell it moved. The bolts all still line up but the front one on the drivers side is back about 2mm and is touching the bolt. Gonna get a new one eventually. Probably will swap it out when I drop the subframe to install turbo parts in the future. As far as the car itself nothing is damaged other than the fender.
By EconoBox
#358917 Review on the Spherical Compliance bushings after a week of use.

I give these a 10 out of 10 review. I'm sure Heeltoe loves the review I left on their website.

So far these have been phenomenal! It seems counter intuitive to claim that a spherical bushing is giving me a smoother ride than rubber but they do just that(remember I had stiff springs and a solid rear engine mount). Feedback to the wheel is much more instantaneous and braking is much more responsive. Removing the "play" that the rubber bushing had seems to have really improved the feel of the front end.

I do still have concerns about longevity of the spherical bushings. Heeltoe has these in their shop car and it looks like they have been going strong for several years but I drive A LOT. So with every oil change I'll be sure to clean and grease these and keep an eye on them. They do look like they will be extremely easy to rebuild (just a snap ring) in the event they do start to fail so It is hopefully it's a non issue, since replacing the OEM ones is more involved anyway. I'll just have to enjoy these and see how they do over time.
By EconoBox
#358956 Teal_dx I work at the Honda dealership and under normal driving most people get about 60k out of the bushings. If you're hard on your car even less. Mine had 114k on them... my rack has a slight leak so I was blaming my heavy steering on that. Turns out it was the torn bushings.
By EconoBox
#359043 No big updates for you guys. Just got a few small parts on the way.

I ordered the Hasport Front motor mount and I'm going to pick up a wideband when I get some time to make it over to my friends store.

Also I finally tracked down a 3.5 inch piping kit that I will be ordering to build the cold side intercooler piping/cold air intake. I'm going to route this piping just like it will be plumbed for the intercooler so that I don't have to waste money doing something twice. I realize piping this large isn't ideal for my power levels on boost but the overall effect it will have on response time will be minimal from what I have been reading on other threads dedicated to choosing intercooler piping size. I am matching the hot side piping to the turbo outlet at 2.5inches, and matching the cold side to the throttle body size. This will give me the gradual increase up to the throttle size instead of just having a coupler jump from 2.5-3.5 inch right at the throttle.

Yes, the plans are still to get the car turbocharged and I'm working on it.

Bad news: I still need to buy a fender... and my transmission is making a noise that is kind of hard to describe but it is more than likely the main shaft bearing. It's a really cheap part and easy fix I just have to get the transmission out again, which isn't too much fun to do on this car. Unlike an EG it is an entire days work to remove and re install this one. I've also decided that since I am going to pull the transmission again I will do anything it needs while it is out. So probably next month I will pull it and I'm going to do all the bearings and seals, the 2/3 gear set (known to fail so I'm going to replace it now before boost with a fresh one), and an 8th gen Civic SI LSD. I'd like to buy something a bit nicer but If I keep dumping money on other repairs It's going to keep setting back the turbo part. I think the factory LSD will be a nice improvement for now.

I'll post some pics when the Hasport front mount makes it in and of my wideband install.
By EconoBox
#359173 3.5 inch piping to fabricate my intake finally came in! Along with the newly released Hasport front motor mount for the TSX. I'll be installing and doing some tune up work this weekend. I'll be sure to take some pictures and update you all when I start working on her this weekend.

My new OEM Acura fender is suppose to be in to Acura on tuesday so I can finally get the car back together again. Got a few bg events coming up soon that I would like to have her back together for.

The debate now is if I want to start fabricating the cold side intercooler piping as my CAI or if I want to just use the piping to build a short intake over to my comptech ice box for now...
By EconoBox
#359362 Update
Air Intake:
I cut up my 3.5 inch piping to create an elbow from the throttle body over to the Comptech Icebox (with K&N filter)
I just dropped the pieces off with a local fabricator to have them welded and bead rolled. Not a bad way to spend $20. He had a couple jobs to get done before mine but I am hoping Monday to be able to pick it up and finally have a real intake tube with my IAT plugged in properly.

Fender:
New fender and windshield/drip molding are here as well!
I am just not installing them yet. I have decided to go ahead and paint the car and I am going to start doing all of the body work and prep ASAP.

Motor Mount:
I had a problem with the motor mounts I purchased and I will write an entire review about that process for you all.
By EconoBox
#360950 Wow... It's been a bit since I logged onto here.

Hate to see that it looks like the site has been pretty slow lately. I flipped through the unread posts and caught up on what everyone else has going on.

I've got some updates to work on posting.

Big news. I got married. Just got back from my honeymoon. Now that the money isn't tied up on the wedding expenses anymore I've got some stuff in the works.

My last post I mentioned I had finally received my new OEM fender and drip molding. I've since installed everything and that leads to the first news. The TSX is getting painted! Full color change! Prep work is scheduled to begin tomorrow night and the plan is to have it done next week... when I say done I mean everything except the engine bay. We are trying to have it done for a car show on December 12th and I won't have time to pull the motor and everything else out of the engine bay before then so the bay will be early next year. So I will start taking pictures as soon as I begin sanding tomorrow after work.
By TrailerTrash
#360952 congrats on getting hitched! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cant wait to see pics of the process :woot:
By EconoBox
#360957 Thanks TrailerTrash!

As soon as I finish cleaning out my garage tonight the plan is to get the compressor and DA setup and get everything all organized. Then I have to wash the car and I'll get to the sanding and picture taking. Sunday is gonna be the day I get the most done since I have nothing going on and can devote the full day to sanding.
By EconoBox
#360996 I could go into a ton of detail on whats done and what I'm doing but here is a pic for a small update.

I'm done blocking like 75-80% of the car. I've applied filler to 90% of the areas that need repair. I have to finish doing some work to the quarter panels and to the front fenders. Then it's time to pull the car apart and finish sanding everything.

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get it in the booth before December 10th which was the original goal. I should at least have it sprayed in white sealer before then.

By EconoBox
#360998 Both sides of the car are down to 320grit and pretty much fixed. Gonna do some work on the rear quarter panel wheel opening. Gotta cut or roll the inside of the quarter panels and then do some work to the quarter to make sure its smooth. Plan is to work up to 600 grit on the whole car before spraying anything.