If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By EconoBox
#361016 And while it's not the final issue I'll have to address that last major problem was the drive by wire system.

The ZDX throttle is such a popular upgrade that multiple companies make adapters to install them to RBC manifolds. I got sucked into the hype because I could pick one up so cheap. Knowing full well that a big throttle body had no real benefit to my car.

The ZDX throttle fried the throttle position sensor on the firewall and fried the throttle body itself. Had to spend $200 on a new position sensor and put the stock throttle body back on and problem solved. Hondata is aware of the issue and advised me to not run and aftermarket or larger throttle on the TSX. The different throttle operate at a slightly different frequency (PWM Duty cycle) and pull slightly more current which mean they never really accurately keep up with commands from the ECU and can cause the issues like I experienced. Lesson learned.
By teal_dx
#361019 Sucks it happened with a quality part, but at least they took care of the problem by sending you a new part asap. Too bad the passenger mount is still destroyed though
By EconoBox
#361022 I am really happy that they took care of the issue. I'm still not thrilled with only having aftermarket front and rear mounts. The other 2 mounts were suppose to be in development and never having a bad experience with Hasport I chose to go ahead and get their mounts with the expectation that the passenger side mount would be released shortly and eventually a transmission mount (which no one makes yet). Also I'm using an Accord V6 side mount at the moment. Almost all the TL,TSX,Accord mounts are interchangeable, they all have different part numbers which I'm guessing is for stiffness. The Accord mount was significantly cheaper than the TSX mount and was suppose to be a temporary hold over until the release of the rest of the mounts. If they don't release them by the time I pull the engine to paint the bay and install the turbo kit I will be switching to the Innovative mount kit.
By EconoBox
#361023 Ok...

So I've decided to paint my car my favorite color. People are going to either love it, or hate it. I doubt anyone can remain neutral with my choice. That said I don't care. Its my car :fucker:

I've gone and picked up a sample today to test it out and make sure the color was mixed correctly because stealing Lamborghini color codes and converting them to other paint lines isn't the easiest task. The color I've chosen is called 'Verde Scandal' and it's a special option when ordering several newer Lamborghini models. Due to the amount of yellow pigment required this paint is silly expensive even in the paint line I've chosen. In Sherwin Dimensions the base coat alone is $471.00 per gallon [smilie=BangHead.gif] So here's to hoping I don't mess anything up and need more. I've also chosen this color because it is a solid color... NO pearl, metallic, flakes. Nothing fancy means touch up work in the future is fantastic and won't require repainting half the car to fix a rock chip or door ding.

So here is a picture of the car where I saw the color in person for the first time. I'm going to try to paint a mirror cap this weekend to see the color on a part in person, will be some motivation to keep working hard on this.

Also I am replacing all of the trim and molding on the car with new pieces, wrapping the chrome around the windows in the same vinyl used for the pillar garnish, and I have to pick out some new wheels...
By TrailerTrash
#361026 that color is going to look sweet. sucks about the parts problems but theres no way you could have known ahead of time ya know?

i cant wait to see the new color and new wheels :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By EconoBox
#361029 Thanks Teal_dx! I've been working on one too! Needed something to help me pick the new wheels. I'm eliminating all of the chrome/silver from the car. As I'm sure you know the pillars on the TSX have 3M vinyl on them for the matte black look between the windows. I got matching 3M vinyl to wrap the chrome around the windows. I've also purchased one Acura RDX door handle (They are all chrome and people put them on the TSX) I'm going to disassemble it and see if I can chemically strip the chrome using a technique model car builders use of soaking it in 'Super Clean' for a few minutes. Unfortunately paint doesn't stick to sanded chrome plating so this is my best chance at color matched handles. If this doesn't work I'll paint match the handles and wrap the chrome strip in the black vinyl.

I just took the Mugen catalog image and traced it and re colored it. I can't decide if I want the Mugen high wing or old style lip spoiler... And I've changed my mind from the Mugen kit and ordered the A-Spec lip kit already and a Mugen grill. I may piece order the Mugen kit in the future I just have better uses for that amount of money at the moment. I am shaving all the emblems from the car and tinting the tail lights as well, not going black like the render just wanna dull down the red a bit. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting but as stuff shows up I'm sure I'll have pictures to post.

This is a 5 minute version. Really sloppy line work and coloring just wanted and idea of the color with the kit. I plan to go back and make a photo realistic render before actually spraying the car.
By EconoBox
#361030 Some small progress this weekend. Got caught up doing decorating and Christmas stuff with family.

Passenger mirror off and disassembled. The mirror is an awful design. 2 minutes to take a part but the wire harness for the mirror has to be de-pinned to remove it from the mirror. I sanded off all of the plastic casting marks from the mold used to make the mirror and also sanded off all the Honda markings and part numbers stamped to the bottom of the mirror.

Sanded:

Primed and re sanded:

And I also got the trunk removed and started to work on the inside edges to prep them for paint.

And I forgot to take a picture but I finished removing the passenger side handles and moldings off. But this is how she sits before that happened.

I'm sure I'll have more updates every day. The plan is to get the car fully apart and in primer before this weekend. That way I can re block the car with 600 grit to double check everything before it goes in to paint around the 17th.
By EconoBox
#361091 This weekend was a blast... I DIDN'T touch the car at all except to drive her partially in primer to Winterfest (big car show by I Love Driving Slow). CourtesyFlush, my car club, ended up winning best team quality (no thanks to the TSX :lol: ) and a $500 cash prize that we used to go out to dinner and celebrate. A couple weeks ago was HIN Tampa and I took some pics which you can see here http://courtesyflushsquad.com/HIN-TAMPA-2016/

Now back to the TSX:
I'm finally done sanding the exterior of the car. I'm now taking apart and removing everything. The only things left on the car when I'm done will be what in the engine bay, the windshield, and the back glass. This will limit tape lines and problems masking and overall lead to a better paint job. I'll try to snap some pics as I work tonight and start getting the car apart.

The plan is to tow it to the paint booth location on Saturday or Sunday with all the parts. My painter will then have the weekend and all next week if necessary to get the car sealed, painted, cleared, and to re-hang and align all the panels.
By EconoBox
#361135 Update: Had dents on the body line on both rear quarters and had a little wave in the front fenders from rolling them. Here is where I am at in fixing the body lines. Car is getting really close to paint. I took a ton of pictures and will try to upload more when I can.

Passenger side: Finished smoothing body lines & ready for paint.

Driver's side: Work in progress, getting close.

And I also made it to the paint store to finish picking up all of my painting materials and supplies.
In the box there is sealer, basecoat, clearcoat, reducer, hardener, wax and grease remover, laquer thinner, TONS of automotive paint masking tape, & plastic paint masking material. I'm going to lay out all the supplies on my table at home and snap a pic of everything used. I'll also make a materials and price list for anyone looking to do a similar overall color change on their car.

Thats all for now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Maybe in 2017 when I log on here you guys will be a little more active and the 'unread' posts tab won't be filled with Russian spam post. :?:
By EconoBox
#361136 Almost forgot! The wife had a piece of crap 2006 Scion XB that was falling apart and I didn't want to put any effort in to fixing it because it is the most uncomfortable, bumpy(Think riding a horse with no knees), plastic on everything interior car I've ever been in (And I love 80s Hondas)

So... I picked out a new car from work for her. Introducing our new 2016 Honda Civic 1.5T.
I picked out an EX(turbo) model so we got everything we wanted. Absolutely love this thing for a daily. It's also surprisingly quick.

Quick picture I took on the side of the road while we were on vacation.
By teal_dx
#361158 Damn, the new civics look amazing! Hard to believe what an economy car has evolved into in 15 years. So how long until lower + wheels? :wink:
By EconoBox
teal_dx wrote:Damn, the new civics look amazing! Hard to believe what an economy car has evolved into in 15 years. So how long until lower + wheels? :wink:

I tried already to have the wife pick a set of wheels she likes for it... she said "NO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO MY CAR!" She wants to leave it all stock. Which, to be honest, is fine with me. The new civic is killer. I absolutely love the turbo 1.5 engine and the smart key.

And she loves the wheels I'm replacing on the TSX so that may happen eventually. As far as lowering that will never happen unless it goes on air suspension. She CAN'T drive a lowered car I'll be replacing the front bumper once a month. :lol:
By TrailerTrash
EconoBox wrote:
Which, to be honest, is fine with me.

does not compute :? :? :?

lol

EconoBox wrote: I absolutely love the turbo 1.5 engine and the smart key.

i must be out of touch with new automotive stuff cause i had no idea Honda started making a 1.5T and i have no idea what a smart key is :lol: