If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By EconoBox
#6908521 The TSX has been sitting for just about a year now. I decided somewhere along the way that I wasn't going to bring the car out until it was exactly how I wanted. I've been sticking to that.

Having said that... I couldn't quickly afford everything I wanted for the car. So I've been saving money slowly and just starting the car every couple of days to keep it healthy and charged. Heard a little timing chain rattle on start up last night so I'm going to be installing a new tensioner, chain guides, chain and going to order a King Motorsports 45 degree VTC to finish it off.

I just ordered all of the hardware to reassemble the car and then it will finally be off to the body shop for the finishing body work.

What the body shop is doing:
-Welding the rear quarter together, I cut and shaved the inside of the quarters to clear some meaty tires and the two layers need to be attached so the car won't rust or bend easily in that area.

-Custom hood. NO ONE makes an aggressive clean looking hood, that I like, for the TSX so I'm having it made. Maybe one day I'll be able to have someone make me a carbon version of my design.

-Paint the car and re-hang and align the panels with all new hardware. I am replacing all of the hardware on the car that is visible with Down Star bolts and their purple V3 washers. This includes all of the door hinge bolts, fender bolts, gas door, hood hinges, all the plastic clips in the front end... you get the idea. If you can see it it will be pretty. :woot:

And the depressing news is... I'm waiting to hear if the lip/body kit I want is available or not. I finally saved up and I may have to search to find it used now. I was going to wait and paint it all at once but I decided to go ahead and start getting this thing back together I really miss driving it and if it's available it's going to take up to 16 weeks to get here according to my vendor.
By teal_dx
#6908522 How may miles does she have now?
I'm interested to see how the welded quarters turn out!
You gonna make us wait until it's finished to see your hood design ideas :D :? :D
By EconoBox
#6908525 I'll look at the miles tonight I completely forgot it's been so long since I've actually moved this car from the garage it's just been idling on jack stands for 20-30 minutes every few days.

If you look up the Maxx Racing hood for the DC5 that's exactly what I'm going for. They just don't make that hood for the TSX. Will be painting the vents black and the hood the same color as the car.

The quarters are just shaved inside instead of rolling them flat. We will just be tacking around the inside to attach the two layers and working around until its a solid bead of weld. Then I'll sit there and grind and sand until its completely smooth inside. Should just be a nice smooth finish with plenty of room to fit some 255s.
By TrailerTrash
#6908531 make sure to post up some pics :thumb:
By EconoBox
#6908934 Sorry no pictures to post but I do still have the TSX. I hate to admit it but I haven't really done a whole lot and the car has been sitting for a while. Everything for this car has been incredibly expensive and it's been taking time to get everything together for this project.

That said the parts pile is getting huge. I need a few more turbo parts and the fabrication work on the engine bay can begin. I didn't want to shave/tuck anything until I had the complete turbo setup installed. So that once it goes to paint there won't be anything to re drill or cut.

Hopefully I'll have some photo worthy updates soon.
By EconoBox
#6908936 teal_dx look up dara_chhay on Instagram its an auto TSX but it will give you some idea of what it will look like.

I only know of 1 or 2 that have done it. Unlike with EGs there is very little information on it but I'm sure I'll get it all figured out.
By EconoBox
#6908955 Well finally going to slowly start having updates for the TSX!

Fuel surge tank for submerged dual Bosch 044 fuel pumps along with relays and a power distribution panel. Should let me lay out some clean wiring for relays for all the fuel pumps and accessories. Now to go pick up all the wiring and primary cable to move the battery to the trunk.

By EconoBox
#6908967 Should have updates coming in more often now! Got a ton of parts in the mail! Here's what has rolled in already.

My dual Bosch 044s, and a battery relocation bracket. Going to take my valve cover and this bracket to get powder coated once I get the bungs welded onto the valve cover.

And finally the heart of the entire build! A Xona Rotor 72mm turbocharger with their brand new ultra high flow turbine housing. It's basically a T4 turbo stuffed into a GT35 housing. Made sure to go with the TiAl stainless V band back housing so I don't have to deal with gaskets and the typical four bolt flange headaches. BIG power coming soon. Fabricator said manifold will be done in about 3 weeks and it can't be here soon enough!

By EconoBox
#6908973 Skunk2 Ultra Race Intake Manifold, Skunk2 DBW adapter, Grams 72mm DBW throttle.

Need to finish uninstalling all of the stock pieces to start test fitting everything to the car. Turbo manifold is the next piece showing up and then I'll be able to test fit everything and start building intercooler piping and the front mount itself.
By EconoBox
#6908990 teal_dx I haven't gotten very far on the TSX. I've been cleaning the Del Sol and playing with my new GTAW ( TIG) welder lately.

I plan to get the ball rolling on it when I get home today. Wife just texted me that the manifold showed up a day early. I need to get the harness and everything out of the way so I can test fit it.