If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By teal_dx
#358029 Nice shopping list! I wish I had spent the extra and went with V-bands on my EG. Especially every time I have to do any work to the car.
By EconoBox
#358039 First part made it in yesterday! Tial MV-R 44mm wastegate and the full spring set. Water cooling was recommended on this wastegate if it's running in a confined space or for extended time. Usually the 'confined' space is when you have two of these wastegates stuffed under a sidewinder for a twin scroll setup. This is my daily driver (around 60 miles round trip daily) so the watercooled ports will be used since I know I have a heavy foot. Any little thing that may increase reliability or longevity of a part is a good thing in my book, and I'm already adding fittings for watercooling the turbo so whats two more small lines.

Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/BU8BYm
By EconoBox
#358043 Next up on the list is upgrading is the fuel system.

Now technically nothing is wrong with the stock fuel line for my power goals... BUT... instead of just slapping in a fuel pump and calling it a day I am going to change out everything. From my experience the return style system is better in just about every way. Not to mention with a vacuum line run to the FPR I will be able to reference boost and increase fuel pressure (instead of just crushing the stock pressure regulator for some increased PSI).

I'm working on a parts list to start ordering bits and pieces but the general idea so far is:
Hybrid Racing Fuel Rail
ID1000cc injectors
DW300c fuel pump
Hybrid Racing fuel pressure regulator and gauge
Fittings OEM fuel feed line for -6AN feed line
And adding a return line/modifying emissions tube to be return line

The debate I'm having is utilizing the factory emissions control tube under the car as my return line. I can easily adapt it to a return line and the only fab work necessary would be modifying the top of the fuel pump. The charcoal canister would still be hooked up in place and able to vent pressure/vapor under the car (instead of into the intake). I'm leaning toward this route because all of the tubing already in place flows more than I will need and saves me money, also I already planned on removing all of the emissions control (purge solenoid) parts anyway.
By EconoBox
#358062 Image

My blow off valve came in. Its the Tial QRJ model which doesn't seem to be very common. I will be running it in a recirculated configuration.

FINALLY have someone coming to buy my hatch shell. It will be a huge step forward towards getting my garage cleaned back out for the TSX. Between leftovers from remodeling and the stack of parts I haven't sold yet the EG shell being gone will at least give me walking room and half of the garage back. :D

Once I get the old shell gone I'll have some room to get organized for the TSX project. I need to get under the car and start measuring for the fuel hoses to be made. Might be overkill but I am ordering custom length crimped PTFE line so that I don't have to deal with assembling AN lines or worry about leaks.
By EconoBox
#358102 No big updates yet.

Just trying to find some free time to get under the car to measure the size of the two OEM fuel lines. I need to know the size of the 'fuel feed' and the 'emissions vent' line so that I can order the correct SAE to -6AN adapters from Russel.

Once I have the fittings in I can install them temporarily to allow me to measure for my new fuel lines to be made. Instead of the typical AN fittings on steel braided rubber hose I will be using crimped fittings with a PTFE hose. It's a bit more expensive but the reliability and peace of mind of having them professionally assembled and pressure tested is something I think will be worth it in the long run.

Fuel system: THE PLAN...
I am going to be running a fuel system almost identical to what would be found in an EG :headscratch:

I will be running a -6 feed and return adapted to the 2 OEM hardlines found underneath the car. These will be run to a Hybrid-Racing fuel rail, Hybrid-Racing Fuel pressure regulator, and an in-line fuel filter. The OEM fuel pump housing will be reused, however, I will be installing a DW300c (Deatschwerks 340lph compact) fuel pump in the tank and bypassing all of the factory pressure regulator and filter system (It will still have the sock on the bottom of the pump). The OEM housing will be drilled out for the return line to come through the top of the housing and back down into the tank. All of this will be feeding a set of ID1000 injectors.

It's a pretty simple setup but I need to measure and plan everything perfect to make sure these hoses are made correctly the first time.
By EconoBox
#358134 I've had these parts laying around since I owned my RSX and I have been saving them for this build.

RSX Type-S parts: Oil pan, oil pump (trimmed for K24a2), windage tray, and inside the pan that you can't see are all of the bolts the oil pump chain and guides. In the picture you can also see an RSX 50 degree VTC wheel and an RSX Knock sensor. Those are going for sale. I have to go pick it up from my friend but I got a used K24a2 VTC wheel that I am going to send to King Motorsports to be machined to a 45 degree VTC.

Also I have a K series shaved valve cover I've been holding onto for some time. I was planning to sell it but I am going to add breather fittings to help vent out some of the crankcase pressure.
By EconoBox
#358259 No major updates. Still just gathering up parts.

My RBC manifold made it in to work on Friday. Just waiting on my 09-11 TL SH-AWD Throttle body. Then I need to order the adapter plate and bore the intake manifold to match.

The TL throttle is 70mm inner at the manifold side and tapers to an 80mm opening. It has enough material to bore it to a 74mm throttle body if I wanted and costs less than $200 so it's got a ton of benefits over buying an expensive Skunk2 DBW throttle. :thumb:

Next update should be work on the fuel system. I've ordered ID1000s and a DW300c fuel pump along with a ton of -6 PTFE line and fittings. This should be fun...

By EconoBox
#358270 So true Teal!

I've never had any issues with Skunk2, personally everything that I've ever used on my EGs has been great. Just don't want to deal with anything on the TSX. Especially when something OEM is less than 1/2 the price and performs even better.

I'm going to clean up the casting flaw internally on the RBC as much as I can without having to cut it open and I will be blocking off the PCV input, the Idle Assist valve, and boring it up to a little over 70mm for the TL throttle.

Should end up performing just as well (if not better) as the Skunk2 (Which is a fancy RBC anyway).
By EconoBox
#358450 Small update:
This is my daily so some maintenance I've been neglecting has to be done before I get to far into this.

1: New Axles. Bought some OEM Honda/Acura re-manufactured axles. Aftermarket TSX axles are notorious for failing quickly and having vibration problems (Which is what is wrong with the ones the previous owner put in the car)
2: Ordered a Hasport 70a rear motor mount
Removing the throttle delay in 1st gear with Flashpro and the new clutch make the failed rear mount a headache every time I hit the throttle. It always gives me a nice little bump to let me know it needs replaced. I wanna do these 2 repairs at once so I will be installing them when the rear mount makes it in.
By teal_dx
throttle delay in 1st gear

YES this is so annoying! I get used to driving my TSX daily and then when i get in a different manual car I find my self over revving when starting to let out the clutch. [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By EconoBox
#358488 Teal-dx it was the only thing that really annoyed me about the car when I first got it. I removed it as soon as I put in the flashpro and it was so much better. The problem with the delay being gone is that my failed rear motor mount makes the car jerk every time I apply any amount of throttle while already moving. Makes it miserable to drive in traffic.

And the new clutch destroyed the rear mount... ok, you're right it was me snatching gears with the new clutch that did it in. :?
By EconoBox
#358523 Below is a long winded explanation of why I am building this part. If you are lazy skip to the "***" before the pics for a short version.

Some of you might remember the subwoofer install I did in my hatchback. Since I parted the car out I now have a couple hundred dollar headunit and an amazing Alpine Type-R subwoofer laying around. I decided over the weekend to put these to good use in the TSX... that's where things get interesting.

Anyone with a TSX knows you can't just pop a headunit in these things. Honda/Acura thought integrating the climate control and radio into one circuit was a good idea and basically made cleanly installing an aftermarket headunit impossible. Metra recently released a kit with an aftermarket climate control panel that, in my opinion, looks like a 3 year old designed it so its out of the question. There is also an aftermarket kit to install a double DIN down in front of the shifter. This kit sacrifices both pockets (that I used all the time) so its out of the question. Then I noticed in my catalog at work that Acura made an MP3 and cassette player option for the TSX and the install kit for those is basically a single DIN dash kit that eliminates the bigger of the two pockets in the center console (best option for me since I have a single DIN and get to keep one of the pockets) but it was discontinued!!!! [smilie=BangHead.gif]

I had a lot going on this weekend but I had a bit of time yesterday to get started on the project. Here is what I'm working on so far.

***Short Version***
Installing a headunit in a TSX is a PITA so I had to build my own dash kit. :werd:

Going to finish molding the bezel and building the inside of the pocket to secure the headunit this week. And over the weekend I should be able to finish my new box/trunk install with the Alpine Type-R.
By teal_dx
#358531 I had to google...
Is this the Mentra Kit? I can't believe they would sell this... It looks like it would belong in a shitty early 2000's chrysler or taurus. Not in a TSX [smilie=BangHead.gif]