If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By juls1488
#343888 I had mentioned in my eg8 build thread that i had picked up a new daily. here it is:
its fairly clean, some small dings here and there and scratches in the bumpers. a little bit of rust on the rear drivers wheel well, and some on the hatch, but far less then most of the scoobies around here.
haven't done anything to it other than rotors pads and belts.
has 218k miles, with a dealership rebuilt dohc ej25 installed at 175k miles.
plans for it are a slight lift using sg forester suspension from an 08 xt sport and maybe some subtle solutions spacers, bigger wheels with some yokohama geolander at/s tires, and wrx motor and trans mounts.
won't be doing much to it since it'll be the car I'm driving while rebuilding and prepping the zc for the supercharger.
Last edited by juls1488 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By juls1488
#349699 i switched up the daily, its still an outback wagon, but its green, auto, with 2007 wrx wheels, and has an ej22e swap.
and then i picked up this for it:
and then last week this happened:
fucking dumptrucks.
picked up some sg5 forester struts, top mount intercooler, wrx uel header, and an uppipe. after the winter is over im gonna boost it!
:thumb: :woot:
still have the white wagon but its mostly a spare vehicle since it gets about 20 mpgs on a good day.
By teal_dx
#349702 How much lift will the forester suspension give you?

So school me on the swap... ej22e is the impreza motor? SO once you boost it, you'll be on par with the power of a WRX?
By juls1488
#349705 Forester suspension should give me about an inch and a half of lift. But since the outback is already lifted using subframe and trailing arm spacers from Subaru it'll sit about 3-4 inches higher than a non outback legacy. :thumb:
The ej22e is the 2.2 motor from the impreza and base model legacy's from 94-99. Its only got 130hp but its bullet proof in terms of headgaskets. The ej25d, which would have been stock for this model eats headgaskets like candy. I'd get better performance out of boosting the 2.5, but shorter shelf life. The 2.2 can only handle about 7lbs before the rods start complaining and I start getting detonation due to its fairly high comp ratio. It won't put me on par with a wrx, but it'll definitely make it more peppy. Its good for about 170-180whp. Which is about 60 more than stock.
By juls1488
#349712 Planning on it. I'll keep the 17's as my on road winter setup, but I'm looking at some cragar soft 8s or some bassett d hole steel wheels. Both are 15x8 et0 but I'd have to run adapters on the cragars. Probably use a 205/75/15 or a 215/65/15 which are both bigger but not big enough that I'd have to trim the fenders.
It isn't ever gonna be a jeep or a taco but it'll still be fun. :hehe:
By chrono404
#349721 This is awesome. I love the old subarus. The TD04 looks nice and should give lots of low end torque. I am excited to see this build.

*clicks on notify when replys posted button*
By juls1488
chrono404 wrote:This is awesome. I love the old subarus. The TD04 looks nice and should give lots of low end torque. I am excited to see this build.

thanks!
im still in the gathering parts and research phase. still unsure if i wanna boost it as is or do a ej22 block with ej25 heads and boost that. if i boost it as is i think i might want to do some type of meth injection kit to keep temps down and decrease detonation chances.
ill make sure to post any updates on it here.

:thumb:
By chrono404
juls1488 wrote:
chrono404 wrote:This is awesome. I love the old subarus. The TD04 looks nice and should give lots of low end torque. I am excited to see this build.

thanks!
im still in the gathering parts and research phase. still unsure if i wanna boost it as is or do a ej22 block with ej25 heads and boost that. if i boost it as is i think i might want to do some type of meth injection kit to keep temps down and decrease detonation chances.
ill make sure to post any updates on it here.

If you want any turbo Subaru photos or how stuff is routed send me a pm. I can take photos or look in my legacy engine bay.
By juls1488
#349753 yes that would be extremely helpful when it comes time for the install. right now im deciding if i should source a legacy ss subframe, or just notch mine to fit the uppipe.
plenty of time to do research though. :thumb:
By juls1488
#351133 so i've decided to do neither the subframe swap nor notch it. i'm purchasing a subachad uppipe, which will let me use the stock headers or ebay uel borla reps, and im gonna modify it so it sits closer to the stock position and so i can use a stock downpipe.
theres a 2-3 week fab time on the uppipe, so i wont be doing anything more to the wagon until february sometime.
By juls1488
#351861 placed my order for the pipes today. 2 week fab time. started gathering the last parts i need. only gonna run 5psi for now. maybe in the future ill frankenstein an ej22t block with sohc 2.5 heads too allow for more boost.
By chrono404
#351875 :thumb:

Good way around needing to notch the subframe.

Looking forward to updates.
By juls1488
#351951 thanks. looks like the pipes are being made quicker than expected. should be done by the middle of next week. other parts have started arriving. at this rate, ill be seeing sweet sweet boost by the 2nd week of march.
the plan is right now to use the recirc valve from a forester xt, equal length headers, and a 2.5in exhaust going to a stockish muffler. even with the hoodscoop i want this to be as sleeper as possible.
civic is on hold cause its buried under a foot plus of snow lol.
ill post pics as things arrive
By juls1488
#352196 Just got an update on the pipes. Downpipe is totally finished and the uppipe is ready for paint. Almost all the other parts have arrived except for the oil feed line.
All that's left is to decide whether the oil return will go to the valve cover or the oil pan, and to get a midpipe with high flow cat made to mate the downpipe to the stock exhaust.
Pic of the pipes:
(edited because i forgot the image lol)