If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Civic_HatchSI
#325566 So I was on the hunt for another rhd car, since we sold our sir-s a few years back :(

I kept a close eye on the Japan auction site for the last few months. We finally bid on this 96 Honda integra xi. Luckily we won the auction and the car was now in transit to Canada. It was on a boat for over a month. I received the car in november 2012, I picked it up at the local port and drove it home.

Pictures of the car from the auction site. It only has 97,000kms!

So this is a rare xi model, not to much information on them. It comes factory with a zc engine, yes a sohc!! lol.. fully loaded except moonroof. It does not have rear disc, it has drum, and the rear is set up itendical to the jdm type r's with the ball socket lower control arms.

So when I got it home, I checked the car over really well. Was in great shape no rust at all, just some minor paint issues mostly faded on the roof which is typical for Japanese cars. It was already lowered on a nice set of r&r suspension, full addzest audio and of course the hideous 17" chrome wheels!!! those were first to go lol.

The plans for this car is to make it a nice daily driver, yes even in the snow unfortunately. First mod I did was paint the inside of the headlights black and removed the wing.

I also put my tc05's on just for fun!. They are not staying, I have a complete 96 spec type r disc conversion with 4x114 rims to install.

Apexi ws2 exhaust, front lip and type r wing next!
Last edited by Civic_HatchSI on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By asianrob
#325570 nice grab! you usually see that trim in sedan form.

pretty much base model but deff nice grab tho :)
By teal_dx
#325580 I'd be kinda nervous to buy a car from Japan and then have to wait a month for it to get here on a boat :shock:
Looks like it was all worth it though! How much did it cost to ship? Was it difficult to arrange and import?
Any rare JDM goodies on the car? Those rear speakers?
By Flatland_EG
#325589 I haven't seen Addzest equipment in years. :D
I'm not a fan of chrome wheels but I don't think they actually looked too bad on the car, they should make some good bargaining chips for something different at least. :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
teal_dx wrote:I'd be kinda nervous to buy a car from Japan and then have to wait a month for it to get here on a boat :shock:
Looks like it was all worth it though! How much did it cost to ship? Was it difficult to arrange and import?
Any rare JDM goodies on the car? Those rear speakers?

Ya the wait is the worse part thats for sure. Shipping and import fees is most expensive the car itself was really cheap. Everything that goes to auction usually sells for under a grand depending on the make and model.

As for importing I always go threw jdmconnection.ca This is my second car from him. He looks after all the paper work, I basically just give him a budget and he shows me cars that are in my price range and he bids on what I want.

Ya the addzest audio is pretty rare. The deck is actually a mini disc player lol. Only weird things I found in the car this time was some really smelly beads that were in the cigarette tray, and I found windshield wipes new in package. Oh and the complete purchase documents of the vehicle back in 1996 along with the owners manual.
By Civic_HatchSI
Flatland_EG wrote:I haven't seen Addzest equipment in years. :D
I'm not a fan of chrome wheels but I don't think they actually looked too bad on the car, they should make some good bargaining chips for something different at least. :thumb:

Ya I really didnt like the rims, I sold them that week lol.
By Civic_HatchSI
#325595 Installed itr steering wheel and cf vinyl on the shift console.

Selling the stock wheel if anybody is interested. Its non-srs in black. Will fit eg or dc
By rootbeer_eg
#325598 ok this is driving me crazy
since your description says integra xi
does that mean its awd?
By Civic_HatchSI
#325600 Unfortunately no its not awd :thumbdown:

As far as I know only the xi sedan (db9) was awd
By rootbeer_eg
#325640 so sweet
dont see to many of those ever
good buy
By asianrob
#325672 hmmm i wonder what it would take to get it registered in the states? :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
asianrob wrote:hmmm i wonder what it would take to get it registered in the states? :thumb:

Contact William at jdmconnection.ca he can probably help you would with that :)

$100shipped on the wheel :thumb: