If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By teal_dx
#313064 Things have been so busy with the baby that I haven't had the chance to take any nice pics of my new to me family car...
Here's a few from my phone though.
The day I got it - front plate came off shortly after.

K24a2 w/ 6 speed manual. It's nowhere close to the boosted D I'm used to, but it can still move. The gears are very close ratio. Under normal (slow) driving, I'm usually in 6th just after 40 mph.
With all the weight it has to pull, you really have to get up in the RPM's for it to feel fast. Pretty rare for me as I'm always trying to get the best MPG - around 32 mpg so far with about 2/3 of that being highway.

I did NOT want a black car... but after looking for a few months for white w/ black interior + 6 speed and realizing that they are next to impossible to find, I came across this car on CL and it was too good of a deal to pass up.
Here it is looking good for the first hour after a wash.

I didn't care for the wheels at all... they look too soft and luxurious IMO. I'd like to get something more sporty in 18". But that would look dumb if it was not lowered. So it looks like the wheels/suspension will be stock for the foreseeable future. The wheels look better to me now after I got used to them.

Window tint is going to happen though. It's been a hot summer and black leather + aluminum shift knob = burns 8)

There's not much I'm motivated to do to this car right now, which is good since I don't have the time/$. It's a great balance of sporty, luxury, economical, practical and kinda fun. It has double wishbone suspension so it handles well as-is. It's fun to go through the gears. The interior is my favorite thing about the car... probably because I've never owned a 'luxury' car before. (I quoted luxury because the Acura TSX is really just a re-badged european Honda Accord). It probably has more to do with never owning anything before that wasn't made in the 80's or 90's. It has all the power options which I'm not used to and AC which I never realized how nice it was until I have it! Other than color and auto or manual, the only option avail for the TSX is the Navigation- which mine doesn't have.

I wanted a TL because it was a little bigger; baby seat is a tight fit in the back of the TSX. But everything else about the TSX is a perfect family sedan.
TL got worse MPG, was more expensive and manual tranny TL's are really hard to find.
The best thing about the Acura TSX is that it's a Honda :thumb:

Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#313066 now slam it. babies love stance ;)
By 95kuope
#313067 congrats do u still have the hatch?
By teal_dx
95kuope wrote:congrats do u still have the hatch?

Yeah, for now. I haven't had time to work on it much or drive it at all in the last couple of months.
It's ready to be tuned now if I can get a day off from work.
By 95kuope
#313070 nice i feel u on that my ej1 is put away w a blown head gasket but no time to mess with it & i have 2 boys a 2yr old & 1 yr old & they are a hand full

any plans on the new ride or staying as is?

btw i can use that K24 for my kswap, just saying LOL
By eg-guy
#313080 Clean :thumb:
By Ecc0
#313099 We only get the honda accord version of these but was thinking of getting one for my sensible daily like you said is a good balance of sport and comfort.
By dawg316
#313154 now bag it and vip it. lol always wanted a tsx
By teal_dx
#334215 I've had the car for a little over a year now and put about 20k miles on it. It's a great all around car, could be a little faster but it's quick enough with the 6MT. I'm not in love with it like I am with my other vehicles but I think that's because it's still bone stock.
I finally found a set of wheels I like,
Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
TSX uses a pretty high offset so there's not many wheels out there that look good to me unless you slam. stretch and go extreme camber - not what I am going to do with this car. This wheel has some of the concave look that I was looking for and reminds me of the BBS on some BMW's, which I love.
I'm at the point where I need to start modding this car before I get bored.
Wheels, Tires and suspension will probably be all that do. I still want to tint windows though.

Of course, that's going to be between 2-3 grand for new parts. (I'd buy the wheels used if i could find a set). So I'm definitely going to have to sell the hatch for that to happen. (It hasn't been driven on the road in over a year!) So we'll see.

Meanwhile, driving a bone stock car IS nice though for blending in and not being a cop magnet.
By FG2_Andrew
#334218 those would look killer, man
By Apexracing
#334222 Do intake, header, cat back, hondata reflash.
By teal_dx
#348560 I've had the car for 27 months now, and it has 92k miles! (double than when I bought it lol)
So I figured I'm keeping it for a while. I love everything about it. Sure it's not scary fast, but it's quick enough with the 6 speed. It developed an awful screeching from the rear brakes, turns out the backing plate was barely touching the inside of the rotor. I bought F&F Type 2 adjustable dampening coil overs from Heel Toe earlier this summer and never had time to install them. I also had adjustable rear toe and camber arms. The car needed aligned pretty bad, the inside of my right front tire was beyond bald, so what a good time to Install everything, along with new rear pads & rotors.

I have to get some pics of everything, but here's a couple quick phone snaps right after I rolled it out of the garage. I had to put it up a little bit higher.

Oh and I found a guy who sold his TL and had these 18x8 BBS RS-GT wheels with new 235/40R18 Kumhos sitting in his garage. I don't think he cared what they were worth, just wanted them out of his way for a good price.

Tirerack recommends a 235/40 tire for the TSX but most people who put aftermarket tires on go with a 225/40. I can see why, I rubbed front and rear in the pic above. 235 is just a little meaty for a lowered TSX, but I'm happy with it.

:)
By chrono404
#348956 Car is looking great teal, It looks great on those new BBS rims.