If you have anything other than a 92-95 Civic, post it in here
By Greasedmonkey
#231055 Well guys, I got a new car for christmas. Its a car I have been trying to get for a while now. Ive had one before and missed it a lot.

Its a Red Nissan 300zx Non-turbo Automatic. It has 147,000 miles on it and the body is in a good condition. One small rust spot under the spare tire well.

This will now be my daily and profect car. My first step away from hondas. As much as I can get while still having the others.

On with the pics.

Plans for the car are:

New bushings all around (poly)
New wheels and tires. ( got a set of stock turbo 16s)
Get it legal and reliable and then save for the next step of fun.

Which is.

Stance Coilovers 11k/9k
Sway Bars
5 Speed swap
Turbo swap
Wheels 18x10/12 0 offset.Image
Image[img]
[/img]
Last edited by Greasedmonkey on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Classiccarsrule85
#231071 now i like the style of that but i always disliked the interior lol i dont know why maybe because they went from a sexy style single gauge setup to a cluster but other then that lol it looks sexy :thumb: and is rwd as well
By kingjmack
teal_dx wrote:looks mint!! You could forget about ever finding one that clean around here. I've never seen one with low offset 18" wheels on it, how does that look?

It looks awesome! May still rub a little under acceleration. Years ago my brother had an 85 300zx turbo with 18's and they rubbed when I got on it.
Last edited by kingjmack on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Greasedmonkey
#231332 the low offsets look amazing. as for rubbing, the 85 and 86+ cars have different fenders and quarters. 86+ care are a bit wider body wise.
By Greasedmonkey
#232220 Did a few things to the car.

Last edited by Greasedmonkey on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kingjmack
#232223 Good luck with the build!!!! :thumb:

Man, that car brings back some memories................. When my brother deployed back in 96, he had a 300zx turbo he had to leave behind, and I kinda jacked it. That car was the first time I ever hit triple digits while driving.

Does your car have the air suspension?
By Greasedmonkey
#232768 None of them EVER had Air suspension.

Some came with adjustable suspension, mainly the loaded Turbo models.

If this cant happen, you need to go wider...

By PandaHatch
#232784 the panda 300 is savage dropped so fuckin low like that. the first one is crazy looking but i like the idea of the offset wheels.. MINTY good find. I wanna get a 240 or 260 z
By Greasedmonkey
#233084 the pink and white car are one in the same. the pink picture is just a current one. It is his drift car. My plan is to have much the same suspension and wheel set up as he does.
By OleFolk
#234643 I absolutly love the '86 z's
My buddy had like three of these

Those motors can take so much shit they are pretty damn strong
I have yet to see one drifting, If I had one id go driftin with it
So nice good choice :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#234648 Definitely a classic.
By Greasedmonkey
#235585 Got new rotors and pads, about to order new extended studs and lug nuts. Waiting on the price quote for the new wheels.

I cant wait.
By Greasedmonkey
#244606 Got my extended studs and lug nuts in. Now to just get the tires put on the wheels so that I can put it all together.

By OleFolk
#244618 Do you have the digital dash, digital accelerometer and digital compass?
Skyline steering wheels fit perfect and look so nice in those z's
'86 is such a good year

Edit: my buddy had gotten almost 20psi before he cracked every piston and torqued every head bolt. It was on his '86 300z