Post YOUR Del Sol here
By Classiccarsrule85
#63838 Well heres a little back story I was looking for a honda for a friend of my mothers for under 1500 and instead of me finding it he actually found this Del Sol. has 200 miles though they are 89% highway miles. Its a 5spd and though its just a normal Del Sol not the S model just the basic D16Y7 the original owner did take ok care of it though he had bondo'd the holes for the emblems (I fixed) as well as left a nice scrape in teh side.

Well anyways here are pictures before I started striping the paint off and repainting it using duplicolors paint system stuff lol....color definately dosent match the jams but it is going to be my first paint job (full from start to finish)

Of coarse it dose not look like this anymore I will take some pictures after I am totally dont putting on the clear coat soon and then putting it all back together....but yea just wanted to show you the before pictures before I posted the end result.
By Greasedmonkey
#63845 it doesnt look like it has a motor..and it really needs a drop.
By Classiccarsrule85
#63846 Ohh tell me about it though I guess hes gonna keep it stock right now except for the paint and the rims of coarse....his car not mine.....I cant really fit in it unless the tops off either lol 6'5 something
By Classiccarsrule85
#63959 Well I finished clearing it today and managed once it dried a little to put it mostly back together will get some more pictures one i get her all finished saturday so you guys can tell me what you think
By Classiccarsrule85
#64454 Finally its done... alot of work getting to this point color is mineral grey and I did not prefer the pin stripes but its not my car so yea lol I did the rear licence plate panel black and underneath the mirrors black and I sprayed and did all the body work on the car ended up looking sweet and only took about 3wks and about 24 hrs of work. enjoy the pics

P.S. hey its my hatch which I have yet to take pics of and post on here lol

By jmsplitfyre
#64462 I like the color but are those waves? Or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me? :o
By Classiccarsrule85
#64611 probaly just your eyes I know the paint is lighter then darker in some areas more than others I like the paint job itself very much and am very much proud of myself as well for this is my first paint job I have ever done with a full car....

Was kinda under pressure since it was also not my own car lol...
By thecrow
#64623 not a fan of the stripes but whatever floats your boat
By Classiccarsrule85
#64649 yea like I was saying I didnt do the stripes thank god I didnt like them after he did them or how his brother did them I just liked the suttle black amodities I placed on the car. but o well not my car not my problem lol
By WannaBe
#64716 the y7 is the s model, 96-97.
tell yer friend he needs to drop it a little, get rid of the 4x4 look,lol. 8)
I'm guessin in yer 1st post 200 miles was meant to be 200,000?
How much did he end up payin for it, just being curious?
Paint looks good, just not very even or maybe it's just the pics :?
anyways, always good to see another soler :thumb: