Post YOUR Del Sol here
By Aldo91
#328820 Hi guys I just bought a 1995 del sol vtec and I am in love with it. I used to own a 95 hatchback dx and sold ot.

now i got this but with out those wheels.

I got some buddy club replicas to replace the xxr. however the first thing I had to do was replace the studs cause they were just nasty and half way broken off. when i took it to the shop I told them specifically that the car was unsafe to drive, an hour after dropping it off i get a call telling me they were driving it and the wheel fell off and i came to shop and found this happened, they almost didnt want to make themselves responsible and I had a huge argument with management and even had to contact the owner. I spent a week and a half without a car an I just got it back. I will upload the pictures of the repairs later.

look at the studs!!!
Last edited by Aldo91 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stubrun
#328833 jeeeeeeezzzzz them studs died bro..........
for what reason were they driving the car? were they out beating on it?
looks a really clean sol mate, they are getting rare over here now as people break them for parts :(
By FG2_Andrew
#328837 haven't seen a new Sol on here in a while!
By Aldo91
stubrun wrote:jeeeeeeezzzzz them studs died bro..........
looks a really clean sol mate, they are getting rare over here now as people break them for parts :(

yup they drove it hard, and when i asked the guy why he was trashing on it after I specifically said the studs were on their last legs he responded with "well it has the engine for it doesn't it?"

EH2_andy wrote:haven't seen a new Sol on here in a while!

I know right!! but I hope to keep you guys updated on it better than I did with my hatch.
By stubrun
Aldo91 wrote:
stubrun wrote:jeeeeeeezzzzz them studs died bro..........

yup they drove it hard, and when i asked the guy why he was trashing on it after I specifically said the studs were on their last legs he responded with "well it has the engine for it doesn't it?"

EH2_andy wrote:haven't seen a new Sol on here in a while!

I know right!! but I hope to keep you guys updated on it better than I did with my hatch.

dammmm dude, sounds like you took it to a right set of retards, to admit beating on a 'customers' car is appauling! keep us updated on the build mate.
By teal_dx
#328865 Hmmm yeah they took it out for a test drive...

:eh:

That sucks, I hope they pay for your new fender & paint. At least it wasn't the rear wheel, ruining your entire quarter which has to be welded in.
By Aldo91
#328894 hey guys here are the updates of the fix from the shop that boke my poor car. took a while but they fixed the harness, and the fender and got me a new corner light.

and this is how it currently sits

hood is peeling and I need to paint it, however the car might end up being painted phantom grey.

By stubrun
#328956 oooooooo grey will look very tidy!
is that a 1st gen parked up there?
By Fada Blayne
#328958 Good luck with the new project :thumb: , I've always had a soft spot for clean Sols
By Aldo91
stubrun wrote:oooooooo grey will look very tidy!
is that a 1st gen parked up there?

yes sir, it is a first gen, she has been sitting for a while cause of school but this summer I plan on finishing it. ill find a link to the build thread I started here.

1975 honda civic: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=299104#299104
By Aldo91
#329486 so my clutch line got a hole on it and i replaced it.

I also replaced my drivers side window regulator.
this was the broken one.

In with the new.

and soon I will have this on the steering column.
By Aldo91
#337654 hi guys so car got painted phantom grey, cell phone pics :/