Post YOUR Del Sol here
By RL-521
#309506 well here it is. dents, check. no foglights, check. oil leak, check. missing interior peices, bondo, running issues, ricer wing holes, busted screwdriver ignition.. its a very big list lol

what i may just end up doing, is a jdm h22a swap if this motor turns out to just be a big hole. soon i will be installing the rear discs from my hatch.

a few of my dads 97 VTEC

which is for sale because of his most recent acquisition...

87 LS :hehe:
comments and suggestions always welcome
Last edited by RL-521 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
By chrono404
#309619 G22's can be pretty quick, Getting an H22 is a solid choice if you need reliabilty. However if built properly a G22 can be a very strong engine.

Congrats on the new Delsol. Your Dad's delsol reminds me of mine as Mine is also black on the same Rims in white.

Looking forward to seeing what you do.
By RL-521
#309745 ive read they are a very good motor to boost, but thats not my thing. im trying to trade it for an h22 or something now soo dont expect to much with this set-up lol. the car can only except h or f's, soo h22, h23, or f23 sohc vtec are going to be my route. what ever i can find first.
By fatcoupe
#309995 welcome to the forum! glad to see another sol owner!
By 1ACarlos
#310044 Welcome. Nice Del Sol
By RL-521
#312197 well heres a small update!! i managed to pick up another f22b2 long block for unhumanly cheap which i will be swapping in for the G. soo goodbye silly hybrid engine, hello reliability :thumb: a sol with an accord engine should raise some eyebrows. working now on cleaning up and retaping the harness now, and i got the hatche's rear discs, lines and booster installed. ill keep you guys posted!
By RL-521
#313302 got a few things done like the ignition, new dash and interior parts. got everything under the bay bolted back up and harness is in, but my starters not kicking on (car ran before) soo i gotta figure that out. i decided on not going with the f22, mainly because of the fuel feed on the rail being on the opposite side, and the throttle cable. heres some pics: