Post YOUR Del Sol here

Which color to paint?

33%
67%
By dbrooks
#242315 Well, I came across a GREAT deal and decided to snatch it up tonight!

Here we have my new 1994 Honda Del Sol Si. (I stole these pics from the craigslist ad because I don't have a camera)

I've already taken those terrible tail lights out and replaced with OEM tailights.

Here's a list about this car.
-Si model
-d16z6 w/ 5 speed Si transmission (114,000 miles)
-Timing belt and water pump changed (104,000 w/ reciept)
-Tires have 500 miles on them (Receipt for that, as well)

I personally am not the biggest fan of those wheels, but for the time being, I'll let it slide. I leave March 29th and won't be home to drive this car until October. Overall, it's in AWESOME shape. The motor pulls good and hits Vtec exactly when it should. Tranny shifts like it was new.

I am very excited to start this build, I just can't start anything big until I get back.

I had to show you guys though :D

Future plans:

(I'll be bankin' pretty hard when I get home, keep that in mind.)

-JDM ITR motor w/ LSD transmission
-Replace/Repair any body panel that might become flawed in my absence
-A good coilover (Probably Ksport Kontrol. [Recommendations are praised :D])
-ASR Subframe Brace
-Energy Suspension Bushings
-Front and Rear Swaybars (20mm, probably)
-Good set of wheels (Not 100% sure, because I love wheels)
-Front lip
-Repaint a color that will remain secret until completed :hehe:

There's more, I just can't think right now. Im so happy! I just wanna go sit in it all night, or something :D[/i]

***EDIT: After constantly looking at stuff and searching locally, I found a set of brand new 15" Rota Torque's in the box for $250. They're gold too. So I bought them. I'm not sure if I'll get tires mounted now and slap them on, or just wait until I'm home and put them on after I add coilovers.
Last edited by dbrooks on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
By RSuave
#242367 I vote teal or green with gold rims, How much did you get her for I got mine for $2,600.
By chrono404
#242380 Nice Sol, They are becoming increasing popular these days. Thats awesome.

The plans look good, Only thing I would recommend is just getting a Base B18c GSR/SiR-G The B18C-R(Type-R) isn't worth the extra money for it. If you put in Stage 2 cams you will be better off then if you had a ITR anyway's. An assocate i know kills Straight up ITR Swaps with his "Built GSR"(Stage 1 cams, Intake, Exhaust and Dope Race Header, oh and a Speed Factory Tune)

For Coils I have Tokico Blue Struts with Ebay Coils, and I love it. However I would be lieing if I said I havn't though about swapping them out with Ksports.

For your sway Bars, I recommend getting a game like forza or gt5 and build your delsol in it and find where it drives best for you with which size of sway bar. For me 20mm the front and 15mm in the rear is ideal.

The Rota Torques you got will be awesome. You should go Bronze or Gold paint/power coating for them.

Finish it all off with a Paint matched Poly "Type-R" Lip in front and it will be mighty fresh.

Good luck with your build and I hope to see you back on here in october when your back with some sick updates. :thumb:
By ghskid06
#242381 Nice color :thumb:
Mine will be getting repainted too.
Two new sols in one night, good stuff.
Hope you get a cammera soon.
Looks like a good car excited to see more of it.
By kingjmack
#242384 Looks like a good, solid foundation to start with. Good luck with your build!
By dbrooks
RSuave wrote:I vote teal or green with gold rims, How much did you get her for I got mine for $2,600.

Mine was a little bit more. I paid $3500 for this. He was wanting $4500, but cash was good at talking to him.

As for the rims, already got them on lock! Hahaha 15" gold Rota Torques! :thumb: Im not putting them on yet though.
By dbrooks
chrono404 wrote:Nice Sol, They are becoming increasing popular these days. Thats awesome.

The plans look good, Only thing I would recommend is just getting a Base B18c GSR/SiR-G The B18C-R(Type-R) isn't worth the extra money for it. If you put in Stage 2 cams you will be better off then if you had a ITR anyway's. An assocate i know kills Straight up ITR Swaps with his "Built GSR"(Stage 1 cams, Intake, Exhaust and Dope Race Header, oh and a Speed Factory Tune)

For Coils I have Tokico Blue Struts with Ebay Coils, and I love it. However I would be lieing if I said I havn't though about swapping them out with Ksports.

For your sway Bars, I recommend getting a game like forza or gt5 and build your delsol in it and find where it drives best for you with which size of sway bar. For me 20mm the front and 15mm in the rear is ideal.

The Rota Torques you got will be awesome. You should go Bronze or Gold paint/power coating for them.

Finish it all off with a Paint matched Poly "Type-R" Lip in front and it will be mighty fresh.

Good luck with your build and I hope to see you back on here in october when your back with some sick updates. :thumb:

Thanks for all the useful info! I can save close to $1000 bucks, just by getting a GSR! I do plan on getting the LSD transmission for it.

Im so stoked about the Rotas and the deal I got on them! They are gold, by the way! :D They're seriously brand new. Only one box has been opened and that was so he could take pictures of them :thumb:

I do plan on paint matching a lip, if and when I find a good deal. Im thinking that the color will end up being EBP or MAYBE Samba Green. I actually just started calling places to see if they mixed car paint.

Im already excited to get back though and I havent even left yet! My uncle has a building on his property where he restores classic Mustangs and I have to move a 69 Mach 1 Cobra Jet shell out of the way so I can park my Sol in there the whole time. That thing is 1. SUPER heavy and 2. On flat, bias ply tires. Hahahaha

Fail.
By dbrooks
ghskid06 wrote:Nice color :thumb:
Mine will be getting repainted too.
Two new sols in one night, good stuff.
Hope you get a cammera soon.
Looks like a good car excited to see more of it.

It is a solid car. That is for sure. I think I have a camera sitting around somewhere, I just don't really want to go look for it! Haha
By ghskid06
#242412 yeah around here a nice sol sells for about 3-4.5 so you did good.
By dbrooks
#242466 This car was one of those cars that was owned by an older gentleman that retired around the time that these were new. I didnt ask if he put the tail lights on or not, but he did seem like a kinda lively old guy! You never know. I currently have them put up. I actually hid them. Ha!

I bet I could go to sell them to some younger kid sometime.
By dbrooks
chrono404 wrote:For your sway Bars, I recommend getting a game like forza or gt5 and build your delsol in it and find where it drives best for you with which size of sway bar. For me 20mm the front and 15mm in the rear is ideal.

HAHAHAHA!
After reading through this again, I just realized that you told me to play Gran Turismo 5. I literally just got home from a friends house and played that game. I did pick a Sol, but I didnt spend a long time add parts and tuning. I want that game SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.
By dbrooks
#243135 Do you guys think it would be practical to put a flip up touch screen cd deck in my Sol? I wouldn't want to give a a knuckle sandwich while shifting!

EDIT: I found my box of old decks and threw my old flip out in the car. The screen is busted on it, so thats why I wanted to check to see if it would work. Right now, im thinking no. Hahaha
By dbrooks
#243566 I need some help!

Ive started thinking about what I REALLY want in a car. I realized that I've always wanted a 99-00 Civic Si. (EM1) I've always loved those cars so much! Im thinking about getting one and doing the same plans motor-wise.

What would you guys think about selling this and getting an EM1? I know its ultimately up to me, but Chrono really did get me thinking about practicality. I could see this Sol looking awesome for some lake trips and whatnot, but other then that, I can't see it being great for daily transportation.

I dont know. Haha, that's why I want others input!
By Classiccarsrule85
#243597 transportaion you mean haveing more then you and a hot chick in the p.side seat what more would you want lol but yea i mean its not much fro 4people but what civic really is depending on sizes of people even a 4dr wouldnt be great transportation.....

id suggest do both get a em1 front clip onto that delsol so you have some em1 styleing and thats about it

in everyday transportation i wouldnt mind a del sol since it gives you that break before work with everything open and when its raining it keeps you dry without the roof off theres room in the trunk for things and you have the hideaway box behind the seats which can hold more things i mean trunks are confining as it is so depends on what you do daily if you kill hookers then i might suggest a truck with a cap ontop but if you work at a normal job where theres papers and stuff the del sol shall work i think
By ghskid06
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:transportaion you mean haveing more then you and a hot chick in the p.side seat what more would you want lol but yea i mean its not much fro 4people but what civic really is depending on sizes of people even a 4dr wouldnt be great transportation.....

id suggest do both get a em1 front clip onto that delsol so you have some em1 styleing and thats about it

in everyday transportation i wouldnt mind a del sol since it gives you that break before work with everything open and when its raining it keeps you dry without the roof off theres room in the trunk for things and you have the hideaway box behind the seats which can hold more things i mean trunks are confining as it is so depends on what you do daily if you kill hookers then i might suggest a truck with a cap ontop but if you work at a normal job where theres papers and stuff the del sol shall work i think

I agree, except no front clip.

I dont see the problem with them. The trunks have quite a bit of space (unless your used to a hatch i suppose). You never have to cart more than one person around at a time which means driving together and thats always fun. The roof comes off. They are comfy and suprisingly roomy. The roof comes off. They handle well...

:thumb:

However, if youd rather have something else go for that.
Last edited by ghskid06 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.