Post YOUR Del Sol here
By bserius
#288313 epic tuning has done a few cars alos check out on youtube projustinsane he is a local guy to me with a 9 sec ls datsun and a awd eg hatch he just finished which made 450whp. he dont have many vids of it up yet but he will. theres also another local kid with a ef sedan that is in the works now that should be about 450 to 500hp awd. u can find his vids by searching surje motorsports
By dbrooks
#290536 Did you ever get the diffuser on? I've been wondering about that :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#291446 I say continue with your Awd plan.. after looking at that hatch.. you got what it takes!
By chrono404
dbrooks wrote:Did you ever get the diffuser on? I've been wondering about that :thumb:

I have not. I still have my template. I have been waiting on finish my AWD as I will need to move stuff under the car.

94_jdm_ferio wrote:I say continue with your Awd plan.. after looking at that hatch.. you got what it takes!

Thanks, I Appreciate the encuragement. I think your right as well. I know the delsol is fun with FWD. However when its wet, which is often as its washington it will be much much more fun AWD. We just had record snow falls up here I loved the AWD in my Subaru. Having a fast delsol even in the wet or snow would be awesome as well.
By dbrooks
#299438 Any updates?
By chrono404
dbrooks wrote:Any updates?

No real updates. I actually plan on pulling my b20 out for the time being and putting in my D16z6 and Hx tranny. I need more then 22mpg. My delsol is pretty quick. however as much as I want a turbo b20 awd beast, I would rather have a peppy awesome handling little sporty car that gets way better fuel economy, thats fun to drive, even though not as fast but gets way better fuel economy.
By dbrooks
#300940 That would be cool. Even if you still wanted to turbo your car, I believe that turbo d16z6's still get great fuel economy.
By fatcoupe
#302364 boosted z6 will still get close to 30mpg...buddy of mine had built and boosted z6 in an eg coupe with hf tranny (tall tall gears) and still got like 31 mpg
By teal_dx
#304874 Any updates? If you're still considering boost, I say go for it! When I'm easy on the gas, my z6 gets the same MPG as it would if there were no turbo. Usually low to mid 30's mostly highway. Lowest I got was 28, the first tank of gas after I installed the turbo - a lot of testing it out :lol:

If you don't go too big on the turbo, its like it's only there when you need it.
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:Any updates? If you're still considering boost, I say go for it! When I'm easy on the gas, my z6 gets the same MPG as it would if there were no turbo. Usually low to mid 30's mostly highway. Lowest I got was 28, the first tank of gas after I installed the turbo - a lot of testing it out :lol:

If you don't go too big on the turbo, its like it's only there when you need it.

As alot of my friends said would be the case after getting a WRX, I have more fun driving my WRX then my delsol. Its been perfect weather the past week or 2 in Western washington, the delsol has only made 2 trips out, one to a import meet, the second on a little joy ride with my dad. After a while I got tired of the sun put the roof back in and most of the time driving the delsol, I kept thinking I would rather be driving my WRX.

I plan on making one last video for my delsol and then selling it as Its the time of year people will want a delsol or convertible. Before it goes it gets a new header and test pipe to fix the old leaky ones that my old drive way didn't like.

I still have my sedan in bone stock condition i can drive if i need the mpg's, just have to put it back on the insurance. The delsol's been a very fun car when i have had it. However my WRX is more fun to drive, handles 90% as good bone stock with just sticky tires, and put its power down way way better, This is important in Western Washington when its Rains 9months out of the year. Also since its a wagon I can seat 4 when I want to, and put alot of luggage or parts in the car. It also is much more comfortable then my delsol while having 90+% of the sportiness, Maybe I am just getting old but The delsol is very rarely getting touched so I plan on letting someone else enjoy her.
By teal_dx
#305248 What is it with us admins... building bad ass civics and then selling them just as the build is getting close to being complete :lol:

If I wasn't in the same boat, I'd think you were insane for letting that gem go. But life brings a lot to the table :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#305258 life is the big variable in it all...but once its gone you'll miss it...mines been gone for like 3 years and i miss it everyday. glws :thumb:
By chrono404
#310852 The Delsol was sold to a Very Very Excited woman.

This offically ends this build thread and it will be locked.