Post YOUR Del Sol here
By Ajax1989
#280442 I'm subscribed.. I can't wait to see this thing... bump anything new??
By dbrooks
#280461 Are you putting new internals in the motor?
By Apexracing
#280868 i would go rwd before i would go awd but thats just me :thumb:
By chrono404
dbrooks wrote:Are you putting new internals in the motor?

I already put in a GSR Timingbelt/Waterpump to make higher revs safer. I also have anouther set of cams I can send to delta to get reground.

Only internals I plan on modding are cams. The B Blocks are strong. I know the b20's weak link is its thin cylinder walls, However with good tuning like I plan on getting it shouldn't be an issue.

Apexracing wrote:i would go rwd before i would go awd but thats just me :thumb:

All i need to do to do RWD is take out the front two cv shafts and leave stubs in the wheel housing and in the transmission to not leak fluid. Its very doable.

Even then I want to stay AWD, I can do drifts and donuts and stuff that will get me thrown in jail just as quickly in AWD. Youtube for proof.

Nothing new on the frount currently. Im having trouble finding a AWD CR-V 5psd b Series tranny. after then I need to get Civic Wagon RTSi AWD goodies. those also are not the easist to find. Once I find them I will pick them up.
By chrono404
DontHateonEG8 wrote:is the diff strong enough to handle the power if you would run RWD setup? i heard that the diffs are not that good on crvs and wagovans

The youtube vide i linked above was an ek with 100% crv drive train and welded rear diff. Its still holding up after lots of abuse.

I will be useing the stronger civic wagon parts. Im looking to get tuned around 300whp then running around 200 for the daily rub and slowly cramp up the power the more i feel the desire for more power
By Ajax1989
#283350 Awd del sol is gonna be an epic win!
By Ajax1989
#283351 Awd del sol is gonna be an epic win!
By Trippsol
#283476 your car is looking super clean bro. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#285677 Where are the pics from the shoot?! :D
By blk92hb
#285679 have you checked out epic tuning they make an awd kit
http://www.epictuning.com/
By dbrooks
#285692 That coupe they have is sweeeeeeeeet
By chrono404
Trippsol wrote:your car is looking super clean bro. :thumb:

Thanks bro!

dbrooks wrote:Where are the pics from the shoot?! :D

The GSR Tranny in the Ek hit something in the road and left a big hole in it, with no oil and broken gears. The EK is sitting at its home waiting for a new transmission, the photoshoot was obvously delayed for the above reason.

blk92hb wrote:have you checked out epic tuning they make an awd kit
http://www.epictuning.com/

I was on their mailing list the day I found out about it months ago. I have not heard anything from them about it.

I am kinda of giving up my AWD Dreams, After scavenging my local junkyards for a CRV 5speed and AWD Wagovan parts and striking out time and agian I am somewhat giving up my AWD dream. If i find the parts to go AWD, the sol will get ready for surgery, however as I can not find any the AWD conversion is currently on hold.

Current plans
* New engine mounts
* New Exhaust
* New Rims
* More Stance/Rolled Fenders
* Lip and Diffuser.

I am not scrapping my turbo plans, It will just be a bit longer before I can get to do them. If i come across an AWD tranny I want the cash to be able to grab it up.[/list]
By JohnAWESOME
#285708 I am jacked to see an AWD TURBO del sol I hope you find the parts you need.
By dbrooks
#287797 If you're really wanting that tranny, you can contact H-Motors and see if they have one. I guarantee they have one or know where to get one. AND it will be guaranteed :thumb: