Post YOUR Del Sol here
By matt j
#158820 Ok so i felt bad for my wife when she had to get rid of the sedan for a minivan, and i have been kind of on the lookout for a good priced del sol for her, since she absolutely loves them. And i finally came across one. It needs alot of work, which she is going to be doing herself. It is a 95 Del sol Si, 5 speed. Plans are to get the wire tuck done, get the car painted, replace the front body panels and have the car at least somewhat ready for automania 2010. But we will see if that happens or not, but since she is going to be doing the work i hope it will be.

on to the magical pics

Yeah the car needs alot of work, but it will be fun, and a great build up for her to learn on since its pretty close to the same platform as mine.

Here are some future plans for the car that she has deceided on.

Exterior
mugen style front chin spoiler
black housing 1 piece headlights
yellow fogs
black with polished lip wheels
oem style lower spoiler
carbon fiber hood and trunk

motor plans are
jdm d15b sohc vtec with trans
intake header exhaust
vtec controller
possibly boost

suspension
skunk2 pro series coilovers
big sway bar
new bushings
4 wheel disc brakes

looking at either dap or a metallic red paint for the car as well
By sneepereg
#158823 good luck :thumb:
By chrono404
#158833 As a Male mechanic, I will tell you that you are a very lucky guy to have a girl thats into cars and mechanics. Very Lucky.

Looks like a good project Car. I look forward to seeing the build.

Only question I have is what seats are you going to use?
By matt j
#158838 well i have the whole interior along with the stock red stripe seats, i have a coupe as well that i am working on so the sol seats may end up in my coupe but i dont know, i know for sure the rails will, i have gsr seats in my coupe.
By Dippin_EG
#159153 I wish i had a girl that took interest in hondas........ and when i find her.... its wifin time. :lol:
By PandaHatch
#159163 looks like a job. hope you got a deal on that guy.
By matt j
#159268 got the car as a trade for a couple other pieces that i had gotten for a damn good price. I got a real good deal on it.
By egsedanguy
Dippin_EG wrote:I wish i had a girl that took interest in hondas........ and when i find her.... its wifin time. :lol:

easy to find. just gotta know were to look. :thumb: hey i found one
By matt j
#159501 from what i got from the previous owner is the car was hit in the front end, amazingly enough no frame rail damage. but the guy he got it from bought the car for the z6 that was in it for his crx, so the car is missing motor, trans, ecu, shift linkage, and engine harness. The top of the core support was salvageable, but when they pulled the motor they deceided just to cut the core support out to make it easier to pull the motor.