Post YOUR Del Sol here
By PandaHatch
#144328 I thought your dad said you could use his car? rebuild the motor you have and then put the turbo on... Thats what I would do. You werent proven wrong about the bumper I was just saying that it would look better. I actually photochopped your car and couldnt paint it so i posted it in the photography section for paint...I recieved that pic. anyway that $70 bumper is better than none.
By the ghoul
PandaHatch wrote:I thought your dad said you could use his car? rebuild the motor you have and then put the turbo on... Thats what I would do. You werent proven wrong about the bumper I was just saying that it would look better. I actually photochopped your car and couldnt paint it so i posted it in the photography section for paint...I recieved that pic. anyway that $70 bumper is better than none.

nah im just saying i said before that i didn’t like si bumpers with lips on the delsols but that picture makes it look good. i like it alot.
I thought about using the families extra car for a while and rebuilding this engine but to rebuild this engine id need at the very least rings, bearings, gasket kit. if it damage is excessive id need to have the block bored, decked, and crank re-finished, and over sized pistons.
right now i have a b18a block, eagle forged crank (nib), Eagle forged h beam rods (nib).
To rebuild that one i need; decking, boring, pistons, rings, bearings, arp stud kit, gasket set, crank pully.
i would rather build that one with some hybrid pistons (endyne), re-fresh the b16 head with springs, and retainers and gsr cams and have a poor-mans gsr.
Then rebuild the b16 lower end as a back up.

but for now im sure i have about 1-2 years DD use out of this engine before i have to do any thing.

this just has opened my eyes to how much i would have been bummed out if i had destroyed the engine and just how much i need a plan B for when that happens. (i know it will !)
By the ghoul
#145016 picked up a new paperweight today!
Jan at speed industries ordered it for me right after i put the turbo kit on the car... wish i had gotten a chance to try it out before i took it back to N/A
ah well
By the ghoul
#145150 trimmed her out a little better and painted all the flat black semi gloss black (except for the tail panel that still looks great flat black

By the ghoul
#147605 well, i had nothing going on yesterday and today there was a bbq hosted by another local car forum... There were going to be a few guys there that are interested in buying the delsol so i wanted to get some of the little stuff knocked out...
it turned into an all nighter.
worked on the car from 12:15pm yesterday to 8:15 this morning
I started off sorting out the suspension, fixing the sway bar end links that were busted, un-installing the coil-over front strut, and carefully cutting the stock springs that were installed on the car *remember i had an issue with the nuts on the rear struts being locked and couldn’t take them apart without destroying them*
after that was set i did a little last minute body work and started prepping the hood, fenders doors, and rear 1/4 panels for paint, also the door jambs and trunk.
I also gutted every thing from inside except the dash, steering column and upper rear trim bits.
I got the color shot on every thing and about 1am was sitting in the basement scrubbing all the interior plastics, treating the seats with stain remover, and cleaning the hell out of the carpet...
than it was just a matter of re-installing every thing...
here are the pics of the work in progress and results... i am very pleased with how every thing turned out.
Before
In progress
Hitting a new low
Nasties I found after pulling the seats out
Gutted intirror
The fresh paint
Todays after pictures
didn’t have time to do any thing with the trunk panels before the re-install… they need cleaning bad