Post YOUR Sedan here
By Benj
#69777 well as you can tell by my name, all my last projects have been crx's. WEll i am beginning to thing that they are getting old and out dates so.... it was time for something new when i totaled my last one.:thumbdown:

So my new car, still a Honda, its a 93 Civic 4dr, with made in Japan stamped all over it. :woot: :lol: I bought it for $300 Cnd, with a blown motor.

White with a black bumper skin and a black hood that i sprayed white still have to finish that.

Needs New rear tail lights, cuz the buy before me was trying ti fix the rust broke one light and painted on all of them. Which you can kinda see in the 3rd pic.

Rust all over the car mainly the rear 1/4s and the doors.

Looks ok just need to get slammed, First thing i did was pit the mags on it, cuz it was rolling on stock 13" steeliness.

anyways thats all for now i will update later tonight with a few more pics and what has been done to it so far. Thxz for looking
Last edited by Benj on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
By Benj
#70069 Today I went and check out how bad the rust is, and well i think most of the door rust is surface. I know for a fact that i would need new rear 1/4s to fix the spot by the rear light. here are the pics.

The Passenger door with out taking the molding off
ImageImage

Figured that the inside of the door would be rusty too, one thing i might do is just sand the surface rust off there around the wholes and just spray it with rust proof paint

The Passenger door with the molding off, and the rust is better than i thought it would be.

Then theres the Rear Passenger corner, including in the trunk and the light removed
Image Image Image

Drivers side rear 1/4 is the worst but both look almost identical. Pics are of the drivers side.
Image Image Image

Then theres some killer wire issues that i get to solve. some wires are so short i had to run them um next to the luster to rewire it.

Then i noticed that the door molding was broke at the top like a lot of the civic's have

And i want new mirrors, cuz mine look like someone painted them flat black. Yes i know you are all thinking that i love flat black it was me. Nope. I would have painted them to match the car or left them black. I need a pew passenger one cuz it moves around alot.

Thats all for now, thxz again
By Mr Rattles
#70284 hey bro
what motor is that
By Civic Servient
#70841 After looking at the crx, I'm suprised you lived. Did someone hit you or did you just Hulk slam the door shut? Looks like you got your hands full with the rust. Good Luck, keep us up to date on your progress. Long live 4 doors! :woot:
By Benj
#71043 ok so the past few days i have been working on my car i bought a doughnut for the exhaust and a few bolts as i broke the other ones, anyway so i did that today, and i finished cleaning up the dash heres a few pics of what the dash looks like now. Oh and i fixed a leak i had, and took a few pics of the motor. anyway here are the pics.

this is a pic of the dash before i started to fix a wire mess and install the SI cluster

and here is the finished product, yes i know i have to vacuum it but that may take a while.

And a random pic from the back seat

and here is 2 of the motor sorry no pics of the r&r

Mr Rattles wrote:hey bro
what motor is that

The Motor is a a6 block with a y7 head and the b7 intake, might change it for the y7 intake as the runners are a few mm bigger, attached to the stock tranny, which is the same trans as the SI HB, thats all thxz for looking..
By Benj
Civic Servient wrote:After looking at the crx, I'm suprised you lived. Did someone hit you or did you just Hulk slam the door shut? Looks like you got your hands full with the rust. Good Luck, keep us up to date on your progress. Long live 4 doors! :woot:

It was a late night on June 3rd 2008. ANyway i was rippin down this back road and i went to pass this car and the car turned into me i swerved away of course. Zigged and Zagged and then zigged some more and then spun around and tboned a telephone post, i was then rush to the hospital witha broken leg the next day like 12 hrs later they operated on me, my mom of course there by then and all my closest friends where there for the support as well as a thread on the local forum, cuz that weekend we were all gonna go to the drags and see what my crx could do , cuz to be honest it was way to quick. anyway the day after my surgery, i went into a coma, blood from my leg went to my lungs and i literally died cuz i was with out air and there was no brain activity for 2 and half minutes. Its weird to be writing this and thinking that i was dead, lol. anyway they brought me back and here i am today a lil over 3 months later.
By Benj
#75709 long time no update so here it goes...

So the a6 block was boned, the pan gasket got shit out, and the rings were so done that when Clay pulled the head off the block there was still oil sitting on the pistons, and not a lil by any means. So i went and bought a d15b7for 40 bucks needed a head gasket, so ifigured im gona pull the head i might as well as make a mini me swap out of it. so anyway got that all done and then stole a chipped ecu from clay and ran a hybrid map up to my folks place and back. so anyways no pics of the r&r again, sorry guys.

But i did some other work to the car in the past week, and here are some pics.

Painted the rear license plate besile

ImageImage

then i painted the rust and the door handles, sanded the rust off first of course, no bondo on it yet, its to cold for that but sanding the rust away and painting over it looks ok , but its far from being fixed.

I also painted the front bumper and trade lights with 93civic. Here is 2 shots one from the front and one from a angle where you can see the whole car,and yes i know i need more paint for the hood, its just not warm enough anymore

ImageImage ImageImage

i also figured that i might be in the future tiniting the windows so i photochoped that too.

ImageImage ImageImage
By Benj
andyb333civic wrote:lookin good, there was so much rust did it not put u off buying it?
u must b good wit the sprayer.you might as well weld the whole chassie while your doin other work

no the rust doesnt realy affect me, its the least rusty car i have owned, sad things is i have never used an actual pain booth or a real spray gun, :D :lol: its always been a spray can, everyone says you cant get a good paint job outta a spray bomb, you can it just takes time, and practice, im gonna pull all the moldings off and im gonna spray them all flat black and get ek skirts and spray them flat black to.as for if im getting a lip or not im gonna do a mugen lip also flat black. thxz for the coments
By Benj
#79956 thxz guys for all the comments.

so today with a lil bit of help from Clay, i pulled the front bumper off, got some amber bulbs, and started my own wire tuck. here are pics

At night:

During the Day:

Drivers side tuck done:

Drivers side tuck different angle:

The other side that I still have to do

:hitit:
By Benj
#88183 well its been a while that i have updated this, just cuz a few things in life have been screwing with me getting my car back... :x , visa, icbc, and moving. Anyways so i have gotten the moving done and i still have to get my license back,but cuz its winter now and people are complete and absolute vegetables when it comes to driving in the snow, the car has been parked. as of my last update we got 2 feet of snow, then it melted and well its back again :x :thumbdown: so i have done some hunting and some thinking and i am going to boost my car, which i got the turbo today its a ct26 single scroll, stock waist gate is set at 9lbs, i think thats gonna be more than enough for me. i also got some ek 4 door skirts, lowering springs with the coil, new front fenders and half a jdm audio con. for free. as well as i am gettin a rear disc conversion, now all i have to do is put my interior back together, and get the rest of my turbo stuff, and finish building and painting the car and if all goes well the car will be up and boosted in nov. this year. and after that all thats left to do is get a sunroof installed.

Pics will be up sometime tomorrow or monday
By 92EXFrostWhiteEG9
#88185 Glad to see another 4door member.I like those head lights sticks out....project is coming out good. You have me anxious to finish mine now....I have that same rust problem on the left side of my 1/4 panel right by the door...how did you fix that and was it costly? Ill be posting som pics soon my camera is bumed
By chrono404
#88189 That Wreck looks Brutal, Your a lucky man to survive that.

Looking good so far. I had Halo's when I first joined and shortly got rid of them. People can rip on them as much as they want, but they do a Really good job of lighting up the road.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

Btw, the y7 has a Strange Intake Manifold, I recommend the y8 or z6 Manifold if you are going to Swap Them, If you dont it will look something like this:
:thumbdown: