Post YOUR Sedan here
By KIL390GP
#50733 Awe guys im Kile(19 years) from SA and am currently in my 2nd year of my BSc(Quantity Surveying) degree.

Taking delivery of my '93 Ballade 160i Luxline (EG/SR4 with D16A7) this week. Its white and has had only one lady owner since new(the husband is trading it in on a new Merc ML SUV and giving his wife his Audi TT) and with 223000km(139000mi for u US guys :wink: ).

Its got aftermarket(previous owners proberbly got a wheel and tyre combo at cheaper than buying the OEM tyres) TSW rim's in th std 14" with std 175/65/14 tyres. So the wheels relatively show up but its still got the 4x4 arch gap :lol: .

Its got a few area's that need TLC but its a good deal that my uncle organised from his friend at a Merc dealer(he's bought about 5/6 cars, i cant count any more, from this guy in the past 3/4 years). But u can expect to need to put in some TLC into a 15 year old car.

Honda SA was owned by Merc untill Honda thought our country was stable enough to return. So technicaly i have a Merc :P (will post pick of the owners manual too).

Here she is(the cr@p pics i took with my fone when i went to look at it).
(here u see how bad the 4x4 look is and the little plastic thing on the left rear window frame is broken)
(this ones blurry)

PS: Will post pics when iv got the car and can take quality pics.
Last edited by KIL390GP on Mon May 05, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CivicTypeR
#50821 Picturessss :jerkbow:

Needs a drop :thumb:
By KIL390GP
#51024 The pictures are coming.

Here's my insperation.
-Im going for that front lip(one guy picked his up for R200($25) thats insane they usualy go for R1000($125). Here is his)
-The EK sides look good and its proberbly what ill go for but would like something like the 01-02 round light impreza cwest sides
-A deep polishing to get it as close to that as possible with out respraying
-Im not going big with the wheels, ill stick to 195/50/15's or so. Plus that brings the wheel hight up from 469.35mm(18.478") to 478.5(18.839") which increases the lenth of the gears and ride height already. Maybe in these 15" ES1 style in white or the RS GT with black or white spokes.
-A 50% or so tint all round except the windscreen obviously.
-These projector head lights
-These tail lights
-This ES1 style rear apron
-White dials
-White detailing of the passenger vent and external dail suround with vent, center of the steering wheel, door pannels insert by the handel, exterior door beading and handels and the rear number plate recess
-Side step sills
-A WRX STi ver 4 wing or as close to the EK coupe Si wing as i can get in SA but it'll proberbly be this one

I forgot to say the first time that im also looking at either a change of colour to black or candy blue.

Ill post pics as soon as Merc finaly give me my car as its going through roadworthy, full enjin check ect.
And this is going to be a slow build as im at university and only have part time jobs as a event/security manager for a mobile parties company and i also do promotional work.
Last edited by KIL390GP on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By id3379
#51055 that white sedan is clean as FAWK !

please no to those headlights and tail lights :thumbdown:

stock is very clean :thumb:

never seen fogs on sedan bumper ! very cool looking
By CivicTypeR
#51089 Head lights + Tail lights = :thumbdown: keep it OEM.
By KIL390GP
#51133 For now im only going to internaly(chrome surfaces not affecting light dispersal) smoke the head and tail lights it'll cost R80($10) as opposed to the $225 and $100 for head and tail lights respectivly which i could get mandrel branches and zorst with. Im going to put xenons in and this neccessitates the headlight upgrade and it just makes it look more modern.
By chrono404
KIL390GP wrote:For now im only going to internaly(chrome surfaces not affecting light dispersal) smoke the head and tail lights it'll cost R80($10) as opposed to the $225 and $100 for head and tail lights respectivly which i could get mandrel branches and zorst with. Im going to put xenons in and this neccessitates the headlight upgrade and it just makes it look more modern.

Just buy the "JDM" headlights off ebay. $45 USD + $45 for shipping. So for 90 USD you can get nice Functional JDM headlights. It even has "City Lights" which make the lights look blue. Very Awesome. I am buying a set for my EJ1 as I am tired of my Halo Projector headlights. OEM FTW!

You will be sick of those projector lights 4-6 weeks after you get them. Aligning them is also HUGE hassle and you cant get them how you want them. :thumbdown:
By id3379
chrono404 wrote:
KIL390GP wrote:For now im only going to internaly(chrome surfaces not affecting light dispersal) smoke the head and tail lights it'll cost R80($10) as opposed to the $225 and $100 for head and tail lights respectivly which i could get mandrel branches and zorst with. Im going to put xenons in and this neccessitates the headlight upgrade and it just makes it look more modern.

Just buy the "JDM" headlights off ebay. $45 USD + $45 for shipping. So for 90 USD you can get nice Functional JDM headlights. It even has "City Lights" which make the lights look blue. Very Awesome. I am buying a set for my EJ1 as I am tired of my Halo Projector headlights. OEM FTW!

You will be sick of those projector lights 4-6 weeks after you get them. Aligning them is also HUGE hassle and you cant get them how you want them. :thumbdown:

:thumb: :thumb:
By CivicTypeR
#51243 Welcome back to the dark side chrono :thumb:

Halo lights = cheap looking and fugly :thumbdown:
Looks like something out of a cereal box.

By KIL390GP
#51250 I finaly got my drivers licence today :woot: and the dealer says the car is ready and i can pick it up tomorro :woot: .
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I just dont like those amber sides they look k@k to me and dated. Look we all got our own tastes but i like a smooth look is as understated as possible and those fluttered and amber std lights just kill that flow for me.
By chrono404
#51954 You can get JDM Headlights with Clear Side markers. Quite a few people around here have them, They look Pretty good IMO.

I love that Cereal Box. Pure LOL :lol:
By id3379
SlipCivic wrote:Welcome back to the dark side chrono :thumb:

Halo lights = cheap looking and fugly :thumbdown:
Looks like something out of a cereal box.

lmao !!!!!!!!!! :lol:
By dogfight
#52009 whatever you do,
do not touch the headlamps and tailights.
please! its a trap