- Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Engine is in and I was able to start it up on the first try! Loaded in the K20a3 low octane base map from Hondata... still have a half tank of 87 octane in the car I need to use up before I fill it with 93 and tune it.
Good news is no fuel leaks, no oil leaks, and everything sounds healthy. As soon as I have the heater core and radiator back in I'll be sure to load up a video.
Even though it started right up still have some issues to work out almost all of them are related to the radiator choice I made. I went with a Karcepts upper mount and a Skunk2 Alpha 92-95 civic radiator instead of buying the HR K swap one as it was/is out of stock.
The engine with the RBC manifold sits pretty far forward in the engine bay. Using the Skunk2 Alpha radiator the upper hose is maybe 1/4 inch from hitting the TPS and the RBC itself is maybe an inch from the radiator (which is fine). I pulled the radiator back out and I'm taking it to a friends shop to have the upper hose fitting moved further to the drivers side. This should allow the upper hose to fit nicely and prove clearance for the TPS and my intake. I am also having him weld a 90 turn into the lower hose fitting. This should allow me to have a nearly straight piece of hose for the lower hose.
The other issue is the IACV sits so close to the radiator the connector won't attach. I had the option of getting the K tuned IACV rotation plate to flip it around or to block it off. I chose the Karcepts block off plate which will be here Thursday. I do have AC going in with the swap so I will be ordering the rotation plate in the near future I think I'll be needing it however the block off was less than half the price and I really just want to get this thing driving again I can deal with the idle drop when the AC kicks on later.
I also discovered my heater core was leaking so I ordered a replacement one. As soon as this shows up I'll be able to reassemble the interior and install the AC parts.
Overall it's coming together and will hopefully be driving soon!
While I'm waiting on the heater core and radiator modifications I'll work on finishing up the brakes and installing the axles. Hopefully this weekend I can take this out for a lap of my neighborhood and work out any other bugs I find.
Also need to drop off my other valve cover at the powder coating shop so I can take this half paint stripped one off. This is the one intended for my TSX.