Post YOUR Sedan here
By eg8civicJA
#352115 hello to all

I am from Jamaica, married with 4 kids and work in IT, maybe TMI but what the hell ...

just a little history

I inherited a 1978 Mitsubishi Lancer (family jewel :), bought brand new in 78') on my 17th birthday when i got my license, bear in mind this was 95' lol, the car was 18 years old. Being the ungrateful wretch i was, within months i quickly traded for a 85' honda civic (mother never too liked that) dwl... anyway, to this day i have not looked back, it has been 'H' all the way :woot:

moved from the 85' civic to a 85' crx with a full fibre glass kit.
from the crx to a 89' intergra with the B16A, they were called XSi.
from the 89' integra to a 91' integra LS with the B18A (did a LSVtec with this).
from the 91' integra to a 99' honda accord SiR-T with the F20B, 200hp from factory.
from the 99' accord to a 02' honda accord Euro R with the K20A, 220hp from factory.

I have since had to sell the Euro R (too much kids lol) and now have a 7 seater 07' honda stream RSz with the R20A engine. It is still sporty with paddle shifter, 7 speed CVT transmission, 17inch factory alloy rims and such, but it's just not the same :blah::blah::blah: .... which now brings me to why I am making this post. What an introduction! dwl
Last edited by eg8civicJA on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352116 This is so ironic as I sold a car in my early days because it was too old (18yrs) and have recently purchased a 21 year old car to spend all my money which I dont have lol.

I purchased a 1994 Honda Civic Sedan at the end of July 2014.

I started working on the car mid August up until November at which point I took a break to prepare for the Christmas period. My intention is to start it back once I get some vacation from work, which should be about April 2015.

I did alot over the 3 month period and will share all my experiences in detail up until the point it was put on hold.

I must warn, I am a very detailed person and will share absolutely all my thoughts, initial plans, changes and decisions that were made over the period and also the future.

I welcome all feedback, even if negative and actually hope that you guys will be very integral in this build :)

With no further ado I present to you my 1994 Honda Civic project ..hope you enjoy!!
Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352117 the day i picked her up July 2014

Sunroof, D15b (3 stage vtec) automatic

By eg8civicJA
#352118 I carried the car to the garage and it was parked there for approximately 2 weeks. The plan at this point was to do complete body work and spray, install gearbox and turbo the current d15 engine. You will learn how radically the plan has changed lol

These pictures are at the garage, the day it was being transported to the body shop for repairs. Not in good condition at all, seems neglected and abused :(. To make it worse it seems like the previous owner solved all problems with screws and had it parked at the beach lol. The sun roof was actually sealed as well

Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352119 After transporting her to the body shop and completely removing her clothes we made some terrible discoveries and realised it was actually parked under the sea dwl. It was at this point the plans changed.

Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352120 by some miracle the flooring wasn't bad, which made me not give up hope.

Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352121 I thought longggg and harddddd to make a decision what to do, if I should call it quits or push on. After deliberating for a few days and seeking alot of advice, I finally made up my mind.

I decided to do a complete rebuild and have the car as a keeper, never to be sold, never ever :). My goal was to complete it within a year.

Made the decision to change basically everything on the car, try my best not to reuse stuff .. only where I definitely cannot get a new replacement then I would use the original or acquire a new used.

This meant changing all panels as some of the current panels where full of bodywork and a few had rotten spots.

I could not get new genuine panels in Jamaica and based on advise didn't buy the new non-genuine ones. So I had to settle for used genuine body parts. Made sure to get the ones in good condition that were never worked on before.

I purchased 4 doors, bonnet, trunk, fenders, rear bumper and front bumper (doing the hatch bumper conversion)

my friend looking at the parts

By eg8civicJA
#352122 I also ordered some parts online. The fact I am in Jamaica, after shipping/handling and customs duties are applied, it is like nearly purchasing the item twice :(

parts list;

complete turbo kit for the d15b
stage 2 F1 racing clutch kit w/8lb flywheel
dna camber kit F/R
dna rear control arm
function form type 1 coilovers
full polyurethane bushing kit
polyurethane engine mount inserts
aftermarket headlights
aftermarket taillights
dual core radiator
17" konig rims
Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352123 the body work begins

round 1, fight!!!! :D

By eg8civicJA
#352124 body work continues

made sure they used a mig welder to cut down on the heat

By eg8civicJA
#352132 body work continues ... while he works on the car he fits the new body panels

Last edited by eg8civicJA on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eg8civicJA
#352133 metal treated and filler applied..... rough work

By Leppy
#352135 And I thought I had a lot of work to do on my sedan! Looking forward to seeing more.
By Loaf31
#352136 Dang! This is some serious business! :shock: good luck with your build, man! Everything is looking great! What color are you gonna spray it? :wink: