Post YOUR Sedan here
By eg8civicJA
#359382 ok, now the pics of the electrical work, you will also see some of the imperfections i am speaking about in some of these pics

want to firstly say a very huge respect to my electrician Owen. he has been doing work for me over the years so i know his professionalism and quality work but this time he has surpassed my expectations.

i cannot emphasis how satisfied i am with the wire tuck and relocation of the fuse box etc. how neatly it has been done, honestly it looks like how it was delivered to him without loom or anything

i will let you be the judge. i will first show you the wiring and then the complete engine shots
By eg8civicJA
#359386 and now for the grand finale.. drum roll please lol

i said drum roll please

TUCKED!!!!!!!!!

2 things to note about the pic...

- the casing to the left front by the grounds wire is rubbish and should have been disposed of
- the wire running from above the brake booster to the reservoir bottle will be removed. it is my emergency brake light which i do not require. i prefer the clean look without it

please give your opinion on the tuck
Last edited by eg8civicJA on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
By eg8civicJA
#359392 hail peeps

next steps in order of priority

1. Get the car started
2. Install everything else mechanical (shifter linkage, pedals, axle etc) ... hopefully this can be done at the electrician so i can drive out and save the wrecker fee.
3. Install muffler system (straight 2 1/2" pipe)
4. Determine how I go forward as it relates to doing over the body work and paint
By eg8civicJA
#359393 Bought some stuff today to aid with getting the first item completed

1. Get the car started

battery box to be secured in the trunk

hardware included to strap and secure box

maintenance free battery

90 octane gas

By eg8civicJA
#359409 hail peeps .. update on step 1

1. Get the car started

Ran into a few hiccups yesterday. Firstly, the starter wasn't working and i also needed a brake light switch.

I have since gotten the starter fixed. The guy who fixed it said a lot of water was inside the starter (maybe where it was stored at the mechanic :? ) and that it caused the bearings to seize. He cleaned it up and changed the bearings and its working fine now. Also bought the brake light switch
By eg8civicJA
#359410 brake switch, didn't take any of the starter

temporary run from the front to the trunk for the power cable...... interior definitely needs some attention :(

By eg8civicJA
#359413 Outstanding for step 1 to be completed

1. tappets cover bolts need to be in place
Ordered a set of blue dress up bolts for this purpose; unfortunately they will not be here for another 2 weeks. i need to find some temporary bolts so i can start the car now. please note, these are very hard to find.

2. tappets cover gasket needs to be in place
i have a dcarb kit with this gasket included. it is however at my friends house, where the car was just recently. i need to go and pick it up.

hopeully i get these stuff done before the week is out so i can finally get to hear my baby :D :D
By eg8civicJA
#359428 hail peeps..

finding the temporary tappets cover bolts is turning out to be a real challenge. i need these to start the car fully. Electrician told me that it turned over but doesn't keep up. said he didn't want to rev it without the bolts being in place. and plus i don't have a gas cable, so you have to rev it from the throttle body. I see this as good news in a way, not getting too excited, at least it turns over, right?

tomorrow we will continue the hunt for the bolts and hopefully we can get her started. if not, the worst case scenario is that i have to wait for the dress up bolts to arrive within a few weeks before i can start her the right way :(

even without the bolts i will be doing some tests tomorrow. horn, lights, indicator, sunroof, windows, fan etc. i have not bought the bulbs as yet but hopefully he can lend me some for the tests. hopefully i can do some short clips of the different tests and post them
By eg8civicJA
#359432 hail peeps..

there will be some delay in getting the car started and driving. This is due to the following reasons;

* unable to find the tappets cover bolts
* mechanic not available for anything until Saturday afternoon

so until the dress bolts arrive and the mechanic is available then nothing further can be done at the moment