Post YOUR Sedan here
By eg8civicJA
#359433 parts left to be installed (linkage, pedals and axle); i also need to purchase the other side of the axle. this will be done when the mechanic is available on Saturday

cleaned and sprayed

By eg8civicJA
#359436 had to move the car today from the electrician. was hoping to drive it away but due to my mechanic being missing in action for the past 2 weeks i was unable to accomplish this :cry: so i had to get a wrecker to move it back to my friends house.

i will be going on the road on Saturday with the mechanic to try to buy the final mechanical parts, which is one side axle and brake pads for the rear.

i will then await the dress up tappets cover bolts, the steel braided hoses and FPR adapter to arrive (approx 2 weeks). this way i would only need 1 last visit from the mechanic to do the following;

* install the mechanical parts (shifter linkage, pedals, axle, brakes)
* install the FPR and master cylinder reservoir bottle

Then i will turn my attention to the interior/exterior of the car.
By eg8civicJA
#359454 hail peeps.. got some of the stuff i ordered today. now i am only awaiting the dress up bolts for the tappets cover.

2FT AN6 steel braided hose to replace the hose that runs from the brake booster to the intake manifold

5FT AN4 steel braided hose to run from the clutch master cylinder to the reservoir bottle under the wiper cowl

size comparison

FPR adapter for stock fuel rail

By eg8civicJA
Ronnie V wrote:Nice work man. Looks like u spent some serious time making this thing what it is. How long u think till it's running?

Thanks man.

Based on the fact i am dependent of several persons input (trade men) and also i will not be taking anymore leave from work for a long time so i am limited to weekend work, then a realistic goal would be to have the car fully completed by end of August 2016. Lets see how it turns out.
By eg8civicJA
#359539 update

got good news that the tappets cover bolts are now in Jamaica... will pick them up Tuesday as Monday is a public holiday here

not so much good news is that i am yet to find the piece of axle... left it at the parts shop to do some matching up.. will check them back Tuesday.
By eg8civicJA
#359556 great news!!!

just got a call from my mechanic that they found the axle.. i immediately left work and went for it and i am just getting back

I also picked up 6 tripods and 2 new CV joints with boots... will post pics later when i reach home

so the drive-train is now complete.. now i only need the front disc pads and everything mechanical would be complete :woot:

will pick up the tappets cover dress up bolts before the week is out

slowly but surely :D
By eg8civicJA
#359568 great news!!!!

just picked up the tappets cover bolts :D :D

now to make arrangements for the mechanic to come and install everything and get the car driving....you know as usual i got to be there as well

By eg8civicJA
#359663 Hail peeps,

Mechanic has just again confirmed the work for Saturday :D .

I am going ahead of myself with the hope that he will show and will be purchasing the 4 tires, disc pads and service parts tomorrow; will post pics

i am going with my personal favorite over the years, the Maxxis Victra MA-Z3.. if not available i will be hoping for the Z4's

stay tuned!
By eg8civicJA
#359669 hail peeps.

as promised, the mechanic came today. he however came just after mid-day and then we had to go and look for some stuff on the road. so realistically about 2 hours work was done on the car. not to say we didn't make any progress, but just not what was intended

i am currently uploading the pics and also some vids of the startup :woot:
By eg8civicJA
#359670 this was Friday. loaded up the rims to go get the tyre fitted. also bought the service parts.

brake fluid, engine oil, iridium #7 plugs, oil based coolant, oil filter and disc pads