Post YOUR Sedan here
By Alh081_EH9
#350104 Creating this thread just to help me keep track of my restoration/build. Feel free to comment and criticize. I'll answer any questions I can. I will be updating as I work on the car.
Plans are just to keep everything clean and a few minor mods. Updates will happen when I get time to do any repairs or work. I can only work on it when I have free time so it may be a slow process. Anyway, ENJOY!

-11/22/14-
Purchased my 1993 Civic EX sedan. Drove 4 hrs round trip to pick it up. Body is in decent shape. No major dents but had some prior repairs done on quarter panel and has aftermarket front bumper (unpainted). Minor interior parts needed as well but overall, in good shape.

(night the car purchased)

-11/23/14-
Purchased prelude HP4 center console. Will modify to fit when the time comes.

-11/24/14-
Brought my car to work to put it on the lift and see how everything is. A few issues i found.
1) oil leak coming from oil pan and vtec solenoid. (purchased 2 gaskets from honda. not yet installed)
2) driver ft window does not roll up correctly. I removed trim panel to find a DX door with custom drill holes to hold the regulator so i ordered a used EX door. Now waiting for arrival.
3) braking caused a jerking motion in the car so i replaced the rotors and pads.

-11/25/-14-
STARTED BODY REPAIRS!

before (not me in pictures):

current:

before:

current:
By Alh081_EH9
#350105 -11/26/14-
Got my aftermarket COUPE bumper and focused on that for today.
I have done a lot of search online and already know that the bumper does not fit the sedan perfectly.
It seems that the only real way to get the bumper perfect was to cut and weld the coupe and sedan fenders and swap out the hood, bumper, and corner lights.
Knowing this, I still wanted to test fit the coupe bumper out myself to see how off it actually was.

Here was the result:

As you can see, its just as everyone said. Bumper body line does not match fender body line.
The corner lights will not fit unless you cut edge of the bumper. AND it sticks out from the top view.
ALSO, to get the bumper to fit, i had to take off the headlight bracket on both sides and cut/trim the reinforcement because of the bumper grilles on each side.
By Alh081_EH9
#350106 -11/26/14- *continued*

SOOOOOOOOOO.....after a bit of chit chat w/ the tech to see how I can get it to look right. We came up with a GENIUS idea!
Instead of having to buy, cut, and weld fenders and purchase the rest of the front end parts, why don't we just cut and reweld the bumper??!?!!?! GENIUS!!!!!!!

AND THAT'S WHAT WE DID!

coupe bumper cut.

sedan edge.

RT side after some plastic welds.

welds almost complete.

Just need to finish the plastic weld and clean it up.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so no real update until maybe Monday. Depends on how much work we have next week. Hopefully, we can finish up the bumper so I can show everyone how it looks.
By TrailerTrash
#350109 now thats using the old noodle :thumb:

i like where this is going
By Alh081_EH9
#350120 -11/28/14-

Not much today. Just got my side markers so I cut holes in my fender and spent a bit of time painting the HP4 center console and armrest. Paint is a bit lighter than dash but oh well...didn't want waste the can and buy another.

By Alh081_EH9
#350131 -11/29/14-

Did my black Friday shopping.

By Axix23
#350134 Sick body work there!! I need to start mine too!
By Alh081_EH9
#350157 -12/1/14-

Small update.

Did a bit more body work.

Here is the finished bumper. Ready for prep and paint!

Also got my rear door handles (for the front, no keyhole) and my FT LT door shell (not pictured)

By Alh081_EH9
#350543 - 12/22/14 -

Its been a few weeks but i was out of town a few days and its been busy at work so haven't had much time to work on the civic. Ordered a bunch of goodies and also installed new door shell couple weeks ago. Today finally had some time to prep. Most panels done. Hopefully finish tomorrow and primer before the new year.

Also decided to use original handles and shave key hole so I don't have to make custom bracket for rear door handles.
By FG2_Andrew
#350549 nice work. glwb
By ntruder98
#351698 I like where this is going too. look forward to updates! love coupe bumpers on sedans.
By Alh081_EH9
#351716 Woo-hoo. Cars been painted!! :thumb:
By Alh081_EH9
#351750 Just 1 photo.... No more until the car is reassembled and polished.

Feel free to let me know what you think!

:woot: :woot: