Post YOUR Sedan here
By Revolfe
#350070 So heres the story of my car. My name is Kevin and I am now 18, was 16 at this time. I had a Nissan 200sx as a daily to school. it died on me so I finally got rid of it and had some money saved up for a new daily. Never did I think that I would ever buy a Honda. So I was looking at subarus and such, then one day I was driving and saw a little purple sedan on the side of the road. pulled over to check it out because the color was amazing and the body was so straight. 2 hours later I was driving this car home.

It was a perfect running and driving 1 owner car. the ac worked too! I had no intentions doing anything to this car. The name Isabella comes from the original owners daughter passing away at 13 and he named this car after her. So I will keep it Isabella forever. I had no idea the potential of a Honda civic. But I always had a soft spot for these eg civics. I saw this purple one and fell in love. So then as I drove it winter was coming and I needed tires. So I looked up on my local classified for a new set of cheap wheels and ended up buying this set of rims for 20 bucks, rattle canned them black and then threw some new tires on. This is what I ended with,

Yes, She looked like a monster truck but winter was coming up and I didn't really car to modify it at all. then I began to look up what the hype of these cars are. And that's when my Honda love began. I realized I bought a gem, and I began to make a plan of modifying this car. I ended up buying an ebay lip and headlights and taillights.... yes I know, but I thought it would look fine.

I had a lot of fun in winter with this car as well.

Then I drove my buddy out to buy his camellia red pearl coupe! We have the same color now!

I really then got tired of the high ride. so I lowered it on coils,

And then I got some money and decided to refresh the car a bit and picked up some clean sis!

Like 2 weeks of those wheels and found a good deal on a trade for some slips with brand new tires. so I picked these up. again, rattle canned.

I rounded up as much money as I could for a budget power gain and decided to do a b7/z6 mini me. And while my car was down I let my friend borrow the slips.

So after the mini me things began to get serious. I began to fall In love with Honda motors. I couldn't get enough of the fun! I began saving for a swap because this motor was burning more oil than gas. quite embarrassing, but never stopped running. One night doing a fun little canyon drive with a friend, it blew a headgasket. I knew this was going to happen from the mini me swap. Found later the head was warped.

Then I parked her in my garage for a while because I had no money for repairs and had to drive my friends truck for like 2 months. I continued to save enough money that I wanted to make things serious, So instead of repairing the single jingle, I came across a good deal on a JDM B16a sir-II swap. and it had a buddy club vtec controller, a fugitsubo header and only 30,000 original miles. It was august of 2014 and I bought it from JSH Motors. the service that I received is another story...... But here she is when it arrived.

So I began to clean the engine bay up a bit, delete power steering, delete ac bla bla.

I needed to prep the harness before because of it being a rhd motor. But it wasn't too bad. After a weekend of work to make sure I did it right, I finally got the swap in, and it started first try, with no check engine lights. All I had to pin to the ecu was the knock sensor, since vtec was done when I did the mini me.

This motor is so much fun now. But the 5th gear needs to be swapped to a ls. I don't like commuting at 4k rpms at 65 lol. :thumbdown: But other than that I absolutely love this motor.

I then became tired of shitty ebay parts. and I decided to get rid of them. Picked up some oem tails, OEM headlights and some eg9 corners. It has a buddy club spec 2 exhaust. Got the ferio sir badging for the rear, a couple other ferio parts. I made sure to get rid of all the ebay parts. And since winter is coming up I needed a set of tires so I bought this set of winter beater wheels for 250. And this is the most up to date picture of my car, freshly waxed and ready for winter here in Utah.

I absolutely love this car and I never want to get rid of my b16 sedan. It is so much fun. I have plans for whistler KR1 wheels next year for a nice stance look. And I want to get a nice set of wheels for track days since I live 5 minutes from miller motorsports park. I have plans to make this car show worthy for next years ISS Utah. and a few more shows. I hope to meet you guys at the cars and coffee if you live in Utah!

I really want to hear feedback on this! Comments welcome! Let me know how I can improve her! More updates to come once they have been done! Thanks! :D
Last edited by Revolfe on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Driv-it-hard
#350071 Great Story !!!!
We have to fix the image post so we can see them, or are you keeping them a secret.
LOL

Best of Luck !!
By Revolfe
#350072 Is that the correct way to post a photo? I thought that was right.
By Revolfe
#350073 I fixed it! The pictures should be seen now.
By teal_dx
#350074 I liked reading this post and thinking to myself, "That's exactly how I got addicted to Hondas!"

It all starts with a set of wheels, suspension etc... I even did a mini-me, too. :lol:

I like what you've made the car into :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
#350077 I'm gonna tell you the truth.

When I read the letter without the pictures, I had to close my eyes and think of what your car looked like and pictured that exact things you had done and the nightmares you went through. Just about all the things you mention , I had to go through with my Hatch and others in the past. With the pictures , everything came clear.
I think that is why we all love and enjoy our car's so much. They have our blood ,sweet and tears in them.
Love the story , love the passion.

Thank you for sharing.
By TrailerTrash
#350081 welcome dude :thumb:

nice car and good story to go with it

im ready for more pics
By Revolfe
#350082 Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! I have more pictures on my other camera and ill post them up probably later tonight.
By FG2_Andrew
#350397 Camellia Red Pearl... not purple! :x
By Axix23
#350399 Looks nice!! I like how your 1 piece headlights actually fit pretty good.
By Revolfe
#350547 Sorry I haven't had an update for a little. all that has happened to the car is a few window regulators and steelies for the snow. but big plans are coming up! I realize it isn't purple, but that's what I call it. The one pieces fit pretty good, but I just wanted that stock look. Thanks for the feedback guys, updates soon!