Post YOUR Sedan here
By Loaf31
EconoBox wrote:Momo Monte Carlo is a classic wheel $95 is a decent deal on one if its in good shape. With a horn button new they are $190.

Car is looking good!

It's not in the best condition, but I think it's pretty good for the price.
The leather is kind of cracked and the stitching has worn away, but I may get it reupholstered, so who knows
Thanks for the kind words!
By Loaf31
#361066 What's up guys,
So I picked up a little somethin' somethin' the other day

Got this engine lift kit from EliJoe_Low on Instagram for $85 shipped. I went to S&S Exhaust and had them weld it in for $40. It's supposed to lift the engine 1" closer to the hood as well as improve the steering rack and driveshaft angles, and the results are great! Here are some pics:

Here's the kit. It comes with two new bolts for the side motor mounts as well as spacers for the rear mount. The two torque mounts on trans and power steering pully bracket need to be removed for this kit to work.

this is what the new mounts look like all welded up. Not the prettiest, but they'll do just fine. You can see how the new bolt hole is around an inch higher than the old one.

as you guys know, the rear motor mount and it has 3 bolts which attach it to the subframe. The spacers pictured above will keep it from binding when the other two mounts are raised.

Along with the spacers, I had to run out and get these new bolts which are twice as long as the stock ones so that I can still have a good amount of thread going into the subframe.

It started getting dark at this point and I got more into the work, so I forgot to take pictures. Rest assured that the kit did the job well and I no longer scrape exhaust!
But I'm still scraping the front sway bar sometimes so that's coming off next lol

A couple weeks ago I picked up this rear disc brake conversion from an integra for a whopping $20 lol. I just need to find some e-brake cables from a teg so I can swap them in.

Next items on the list are:
1) drop forks (for more strut travel + more low)
2) rear fog light
3) alignment
4) camber???
5) idk lol
By TrailerTrash
#361067 that is a pretty sweet setup :thumb:
they didnt have kits like that back when i had my car super low lol but if they did i would have used my Hypertherm to make my own anyway. the idea just never crossed my mind.

Now im curious about something. when i had my coupe down low I had to notch about 3/8ths of an inch to make room for the axles. they would hit the unibody directly above them. now i know i was running a 175/70/13 tire so it was kinda tall so my suspension was probably lower than yours is(even if the cars were the same height) but adding an inch lift to the drivetrain you should be getting close to axle hitting.

that was a long drug out way of asking how close your axles are to hitting the frame :lol:
By Loaf31
TrailerTrash wrote:that is a pretty sweet setup :thumb:
they didnt have kits like that back when i had my car super low lol but if they did i would have used my Hypertherm to make my own anyway. the idea just never crossed my mind.

Now im curious about something. when i had my coupe down low I had to notch about 3/8ths of an inch to make room for the axles. they would hit the unibody directly above them. now i know i was running a 175/70/13 tire so it was kinda tall so my suspension was probably lower than yours is(even if the cars were the same height) but adding an inch lift to the drivetrain you should be getting close to axle hitting.

that was a long drug out way of asking how close your axles are to hitting the frame :lol:

That's a good point, I'll have to take a look at it :| hope all is well! :oops:
By Loaf31
#361087 Ok I'll start off this update with these XXR's that I picked up with decent 195/50/15 tires for $180. Slapped them on the EF hatch and ordered a camber kit for it.

and I finally got around to snapping some pictures of the motor lift kit. It's worked wonders and I haven't scraped up front since I installed it!

trans mount

now I also lowered the front down about a half inch or so. Once I order my drop forks, it'll go even lower.

Clearance from ground to lip

and here's the oilpan to ground clearance. I don't have a pic of before though.

and then I'll leave you guys with these last pics ;)

Thanks for looking guys, I hope to have some more updates coming soon! stay tuned
By TrailerTrash
#361088 I shall stay tuned indeed :thumb:
By Loaf31
#361105 Hey guys, been a second since I updated this. After my car got fixed, you all know that I picked up these XXR's for $180.

Shortly after that, I picked up these other XXR 002's for $200. They're 15x9 with a 0 offset. They looked great and had a ton of lip.

They needed some work but looked pretty great. However, I sold them to a buddy for $260, so thats a nice profit. Sad to see them go but the money was too good to pass up.

Next, I found this legit sparco leather P310 steering wheel for $40, even came with a momo DA integra hub. Both are currently listed on eBay. Hit me up for the link if you're interested.

So hopefully I'll be able to turn a nice profit from these. I might have some other stuff coming, so keep an eye on this thread! As always, you can follow me on Instagram @Stance_God
By Loaf31
#361106 Forgot to mention all of this too.

Here are the test fit pictures for those 15x9 xxr's

Taco Bell gift card for scale

Since the motor lift kit raised the engine upwards 1", it also raised the angle of the drive axles. But that caused a problem.

the drive axles were rubbing the frame, so it needed to be notched.

My dad lending a hand

making the first cuts

first slices

so we ended up with this:

Driver side

Passenger side

they're not the best notches in the world, but they will do.

I ended up trading those Black XXR's to my buddy for these gold mesh wheels.
here's a pic of them on his miata.

they're 15x7 with +35 offset wrapped in 195/45/15. They look good and hopefully I can get some cash for them or throw them on the hatch.

The Sparco steering wheel that I bought yesterday has already sold on eBay for $85, so thats dope.

That's all I have for now guys, but be sure to keep an eye on this thread!
By Loaf31
#361142 Things happened

I was scrolling through facebook car groups when I came across these beauties.
These are sideskirt splitters from Top1 Motors. I didn't even know these existed until 2 days ago lol. These retail at $160 new and my pair came with a set of oem sideskirts from a coupe for $100.
I don't have any pictures of the install because it was super frustrating and then I found out I was doing it all wrong lol.

p.s. I thought these pictures turned out nicely and they didn't, so be warned lol

I'll get better pictures later on.

So that's all I have for now, but stay tuned because more updates are definitely coming. :hehe: :D
By TrailerTrash
#361143 never seen that before :thumb: