Post YOUR Sedan here
By chrono404
#340308 Engine Swap Day!!!!
.:Day 2:.
On the way to work on the sedan, Picked up some honda guanine atf, with a pretty cool darn bag.

Since when we left off all that was to be done was to pull the Engine out we started off with that.

With the engine out, I removed the wiring harness, then removed the intake manifold off of the D16z6 to replace the with broken sensors on the ZC VTEC.

And even left the gasket fully intact!

We noticed this getting ready to take off the harmonic balancer/pully wheel. The plastic is melted due to it getting too hot near the oil pump/balancer.

This mixed with the nasty oil, and blown block it looks like lack of maintence is what casued this to happen. damn.

Difference bewteen mounts and why we needed to change them.

Here we are putting the USDM D16z6 intake manifold on to the ZC to make the swap go easier and to replace broken sensors

Lining up the engine/Transmission.
I was surprised how easy putting an automatic together was. way easier then all of my previous manuals.

With the engine and the transmission connected, we lifted up the engine then tightened up the torque converter bolts, pretty damn easy connection. Easier then attaching a clutch to a flywheel for sure.

Here is the engine fully dressed with accessories and a wiring harness.
The extra mass of the automatic sure made this more difficult then the with an manual. Especially with the axles.

With a quick lowering into the Bay, add a mount or two and then your sitting back into the Bay to get accessories put back on.

After this part of the build, my girlfriend who was taking pictures got bored and tired of being cold so she went into the warm house, and when she came back out we where installing fluids.

We got the car started up and it runs no problem. double checked all fluids and checked for leaks then backed the car out of the garage. Idles just fine, heats up to normal tempreatues, moves just fine, etc.

Once we cleaned up it was aroudn 8:30PM so we backed the car out and cleaned up the shop. As it was super dark out we left the car at my uncles and went home.

Powered by JDM ZC with D16z6 Intake Manifold, Wiring harness and ECU.
Automatic EX Transmission
A/C, Power Steering etc all work.

Still need to do:
Triple check everything, i.e. no leaks since it parked on wed, fluids, bolts, etc...
Take for shake down run and see how it goes.
Reinspect fluids and such.

Then drive it home and possibly change blinkers and rims.

This should happen this coming Friday after work.
By Uknterror
#340387 Good work! :thumb:
By chrono404
#340565 Image

I got the Civic home. The tires that came with the car were curbed up a whole bunch and it had buldges in the tires. This is super unsafe so first things first we need to start swapping parts for saftey. Becouse its not like I have an addiction to having to work on cars...

After a quick dig through my Garage I found these, 16x8" Quantum Tec rims with Toyo Proxie 4's in 205/50R16's and a Strut tower bar.

This makes the car much safer by getting rid of those super sketchy old tires, looks much better and will make it handle better. The car does need to look an inch to 2 inches of fender gap however that will wait for a while to happen.

I also need a set of Red/Clear Tail lights, Can't believe I gave my old pair away to someone I thought was a friend.

I grabbed the Blown Z6 from my uncles and put it in our parts runner truck. then dropped it off at my dads house. We will be taking this apart later to see how much damage has been done.

After dropping off the engine at my dads place, I grabbed these guys to install today.

I also have a EG Sedan Fender painted EBP with no dents I will be using to replace the dented up fender on the car. when I get the body work done before plasti dipping the car. I will also be swapping to a Coupe Bumper. Mainly as I have them both, they look good and its easy and the color will be changing anyways.
By chrono404
#343084 Sorry for the lack of updates, Work has been real busy over the holidays and the weather has been aweful as has been in most other places this winter. I have been DDing this car for the past few months and getting things dailed in with the swap, Fixing leaks, etc, Nothing really worth noting down.

The ZC VTEC power is pretty gutless compared to my WRX or heck even my Brothers '95 Corolla which has peak torque at 2800rpm. However VTEC noises and 28+ MPG with tons of grip due to my wide tires makes for a fun DD. I need to get anouther set of lowering springs for this to kill the body roll. other then that its a pretty fun ecobox.

Today has been one of the first nice days thats warm that I had off in a while so I figured I would start cleaning up the car a bit more. Since the weather seams to be getting nicer more body repair updates will be going on. Working in the rain is not any fun.

Today I removed the bumper, Used a heat gun and my foot to push back into shape. Its not perfect but much much better then what it was. I am not happy with the fitment and I will be tweeking it over the next few weeks

I also replaced the panel under the tail light with the trunk key hole in it. The old red one was dented beyond repair and pushing the bumper down and out of alignment.

Over the next few weeks I will be prepping the Civic for its new Plastidipped Color. When doing the Bumper repair I noticed some rust on the Driver Quarter panel, I will be removing this, and getting the body back in shape. The more I look the more imperfections I notice. I just make sure to note them down and get ready for body work.
By teal_dx
chrono404 wrote:I also replaced the panel under the tail light with the trunk key hole in it. The old red one was dented beyond repair and pushing the bumper down and out of alignment.

That's such a convenient thing that Honda did on EK's :thumb: On an EG, that area is one with the whole rear 1/4 :???:
By chrono404
#343111 Since this car is manly for long commutes and the weather was nice I swapped out the frount seats for my leather acura el seats. I forgot how nice and comphy they are.

By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:
chrono404 wrote:I also replaced the panel under the tail light with the trunk key hole in it. The old red one was dented beyond repair and pushing the bumper down and out of alignment.

That's such a convenient thing that Honda did on EK's :thumb: On an EG, that area is one with the whole rear 1/4 :???:

I think this might be a Hatch/Sedan/Coupe difference.

I am pretty sure my EK Hatch had this part molded into the Bumper. I replaced it on my sedan by removing two bols from the trunk side, It just bolts in. I Believe I got it off a Civic Coupe in the Wrecking Yard.

I have been going back and forth between my WRX and the Civic, The Civics headlights needed more pazow, and so I installed Legit Denji's as as well as EG8 Corners I have had lieing around for a while.

Picked up a few parts to install :thumb:

I may wait until after the windows are tinted before putting in the stereo. Maybe I a bit paranoid however our work has been tagged multiple times recently and near by stores robbed. A huge surprise for the small city I live in. Tint will help hide goodies I would rather keep.
By rootbeer_eg
#343151 i am jealous of your denjis
i want them sooo bad
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
By Laziz
#344903 Man, this sedan is in quite mint condition and full of stuff! My congrats! I wish you good luck with your project :thumb:
By chrono404
#349680 Its been awhile. The WRX is no more. My legacy gt has kept my modding attention for the past while. However the civic needs love as well.

Shes standing in some new shoes. Rota Gt3's 15x7" wrapped in Continental extreme contact All-season rubber. It rains 9 months of the year after all.

The bumpers front and back are beyond repair. The rear bumper has a big wave flowing through it and it doens't sit right in spots. up front the bumper mounts are broken, not to menion the other misc scars on the bumper.

A trip to my local pick a part sourced a new rear bumper. In my stack of parts I also have a Coupe frount bumper, and Painted over Carbon Fiber Type-R lip that I wanted to keep for a day like today.

I know its not Year correct for a 95 coupe to have black foglight holes, as only 92-93 Civics came factory. However I already devating from factory with a Coupe bumper so I might as well keep my favored styling.

Its a Washington Winter, with tons of liquid sunshine. Once I get a change and its not raining I will be able to bolt them up. The Civic will be on its way to be looking like it should.
By teal_dx
#349684 I love seeing the coupe bumper on a sedan, especially with that lip :thumb:

I thought that all 92-95 civic 2 doors had unpainted foglight holes from the factory :? I like them better unpainted, It looks like you took the time to mask them off and adds more dimension to the shape of the bumper. :thumb:
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:I love seeing the coupe bumper on a sedan, especially with that lip :thumb:

I thought that all 92-95 civic 2 doors had unpainted foglight holes from the factory :? I like them better unpainted, It looks like you took the time to mask them off and adds more dimension to the shape of the bumper. :thumb:

In 94 and 95 the Coupe foglight holes were body color. I agree having them black gives way more dimension to them.

Today wasn't raining so I installed the bumpers. No more wavyness! In this picture you can also see the Rota GT3's

Both of my 4 cylinder 4 door sedans, Both on Bronze Rims. I kinda wish the bronze in the GT3's popped like the bronze on Rota Torques Always something that can be done later.

Looking alot better.