Post YOUR Sedan here
By chris_verde_
#332975 I picked this little thing up on mother's day for $800, first owner, was the guys dd for the past 15ish years, and needed it gone since he got a Fit. 178k on the motor and body, OEM Clutch (slips a bit in reverse but it's rare, kinda surprised how much life's left in it), needs a new timing belt (never been replaced, I get nervous driving it sometimes). The number one thing I love about it, is that it's a 5 speed. I HAD to make sure my first whip was stick, I can't stand driving an automatic. I have big plans for this, but for now it's prettymeh

IMG_20130515_095514 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

I totally forgot to take a picture when I brought it home, but here it is, the e-brake was out of adjustment so I had to go in and fix that myself, and I thought I might as well check the brake pads up front while I was at it. Clear coat chipping off the fenders and hood, so I took a paint scraper and worked all that off, eventually I'm repainting her FULLY so I'm not worried about it fading.

IMG_20130517_182308 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

When I went to go gawk at my engine bay, I was disgusted at how dirty it was, it's a '95 so I shouldn't have been AS shocked as I was, but I don't want it being filthy under there ya know?

IMG_20130517_172653 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

A few days after getting her I went out and picked up a can of engine degreaser, went all out, and let it sit for like 20 minutes while I went and got lunch. I came back, hosed her down, and started scrubbing at the rest with a wire brush I picked up at AutoZone.

IMG_20130517_061804 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

MUCH BETTER!

IMG_20130516_092456 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

There's no real significance to this picture, but I thought I'd show off my friend Alex's RSX, I've done every last bit of work on it; the rims, the calipers, the badges, the decal, and a performance mod or two (post-photo op).

IMG_20130613_125425 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

So later on I decided to spruce up the engine bay with some fresh paint. Ignore the blue, I seriously have no idea how ANY of that got there. Probably my little brothers messing around again -___-

IMG_20130613_125000 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

At this point I went ahead and painted the hood black. I kinda like the fact that all the paint looks terrible right now because it goes with the rest of my schism that I have going on with the rest of the car, I think it's kinda intimidating. Also I painted the steelies white and the lugs purple. Thought it looked pretty dope.

IMG_20130613_125015 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

Here's the back, nothing special here except my purple badge, it makes the car stand out from the crowd because you don't see too many purple Honda badges floating around. Also there's something missing here...

IMG_20130613_125020 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

WHERE'D MY MUFFLER GO?!?!?! I took it off for now (let the hate roll in!) until I get some cash to either straight-pipe or buy my friend's aftermarket exhaust, but for now I like the sound of it, it's different, much unlike a lot of the Civics you hear that sound like shit

IMG_20130613_125143 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

And what's any car without a set of fuzzy dice

IMG_20130613_125123 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

Now here's where the fun happens ;) over the past few days I've been doing a major weight reduction, well not MAJOR major, but it's a decent amount. I'm not gonna spend forever explaining what I took out, but I've shaved ~125 lbs off of her. Check the next two pictures:

IMG_20130613_125152 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

IMG_20130613_125256 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

So this is what I got for now! It's a pretty disgusting looking car, it needs some good work done to it, but it's my first car, I'm only 16, and I have all the time in the world so I'm not worried at the moment, it'll happen over time.
Last edited by chris_verde_ on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Ajax1989
#332977 holy big ass pictures batman :lol:

nice start, just take your time and do it right the 1st time
I speak from experience lol :thumb:
By chris_verde_
AjG20 wrote:holy big ass pictures batman :lol:

nice start, just take your time and do it right the 1st time
I speak from experience lol :thumb:

Yeah I kinda didn't expect the pictures to be hellahuge lol, but thanks! I'm guaranteed to have some trial and error in the process, but I doubt I'll mess anything up too badly. :P
By Axix23
#332985 nice car. Milano red ftw ;)
By chris_verde_
Axix23 wrote:nice car. Milano red ftw ;)

Thanks man, probably near the end of July, beginning of August I plan on redoing the entire car's paint job, make the red as vibrant as when it left the factory again
By Axix23
#332988 i would really like to know how you shaved 125lbs on your eg sedan man. :)
By chris_verde_
#332991 Well its not an exact weight, its anywhere between 100-130, but I took out the rear seats, panels, trunk carpet, spare tire, jack and tool, removed the center console and passenger seat, the heat sheld, windshield washer fluid setup (I never saw the point in the whole windshield washer fluid thing, it doesnt do shit for me) and pulled out anything that looked easy enough to pull. Oh yeah and I don't have a muffler. :lol:
By eg-guy
#333006 Nice start! Please resize your photos, they're huge. :shock:
By chris_verde_
#333008 I'll try and resize them later today lol, maybe then people can see the entire thing without having to scroll like crazy :crazy:
By chris_verde_
#333039 Pictures are resized!! :D :D :thumb:

OKAY, so minor update here.

IMG_20130616_122102 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

As you can see here there's an assload of paint covering a good portion of my headlights, and we can't have that. So about an hour later, a sheet and a half of 400 grit, a half a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and some Pine Sol (I'm poor, I gotta polish 'em somehow :? )I got one headlight done, as you can see below:

IMG_20130616_122056 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr

You can definitely tell it looks a whole lot better with that paint sanded off, it's a lot cleaner now, even though there's only one headlight in the car :weee:

IMG_20130617_081934 by chrisverde_eg8, on Flickr
By chris_verde_
#333055 I just looked at that thread you linked to me and dear god that is disgusting :o with all the parts that I've painted, I know they can be easily taken care of if things went wrong, like the silver in the way back maybe not so much, although there's probably a way, but that was just god-awful haha. I'm redoing the exterior paintjob over the summer so whatever happens on the outside I don't really mind because it's all getting redone anyways
By Axix23
#333123 did u paint the bay flat black? And is this going to be a track car? I am working onto making my a track car but I am retaining all my interior b/c I want to be comfortable. The noise was unbearable in my old gutted eg8 for a dd commute. It sucks when your trying to drive your gf around too if you don't got a seat. lol And good job on the rsx!
By chris_verde_
#333124 Yep, when you have like 4 cans of Plastidip laying around, you find a use for it :D and well I don't plan on making it a track car, but I want it to be close, like it'll be fairly gutted, yet still comfortable for a DD. I put the passenger seat back since that was only out because I was vacuuming underneath (speaking of which I still need to do the drivers side oops). Like you said I'm keeping most of the interior as well, side panels and stuff, but I'm keeping the rear seats and trunk stuff out.

The thing that surprised me the most was my parents were totally fine with me doing this. My dad has helped a lot throughout doing all this (he's been a Ford-Certified mechanic for about 20 years now) and usually he flips shit over the stuff I do to my car lol but he didn't care about the seats and stuff.

And thanks, my friend definitely has the knowhow, and could easily have done it himself, but he didn't trust himself to not screw everything up, so he'll just come over with parts and I'll take it from there.
By Axix23
#333126 i plastic dipped my stock wheels last weekend. lol