Post YOUR Sedan here
By Uknterror
#346255 Updates: What I thought was a blown turbo might be an over filled catch can. Unfortunately I've been trying to diag a severe miss the car had developed, long story short, through testing and process of elimination turns out I have a faulty injector......being very busy I haven't been able to do anything until last friday. Hoping the injector company I bought them from does not give me the run around.

Even still I'm trying to move forward with the car, purchased a new 44mm gate for when it's time to switch and regain bbg ability, purchasing coilovers Monday, my hardrace front lca's SHOULD be here by this week (thanks to that back order a month ago). Just........need.........more.............tyme............... :weee:
By Uknterror
Axix23 wrote:Most of us run a -3an. Some run an oil restrictor with ball bearing. Precision/Garrett turbos are hit/miss. I had a brand new Garrett turbo fail out of the box before.

Yea I have a -4 line that precision has told me is the correct line with no restrictor. While everybody in the whole world even precision turbo dealers tell me to run a restrictor with a -4 or just straight up -3 w/o restrictor...
By Uknterror
#346790 k so a few things. Don't listen to precision when it comes to what feed line you should run. They will always tell you -4 no restriction, that is incorrect, for anyone future reference either run a -3 feed line no restrictor or if you decide to stick with -4 you WILL need a restrictor.

I cannot for the life of me figure out my break up issues, I have literally done everything beside swap ecu and reupload tune and it just will not go away. The weird part is that the hotter the temps get, the better it runs......yea idk, still workin that out.

On the upside I finally got a chance to have the suspension put on and holy shit its a night and day difference! Sooooooo much better and safer. Skunk 2 pro s 8/8, hardrace front lower lcas, new compensater bushings, bwr lower lcas, shawn lisjack #014 subframe brace.
By Uknterror
#347327 So, i've been having issues, car has lean misses, don't pull like it was after getting tuned (hesitation). Long story short I've spent a good month and a half trying to figure out the issue, got second and third opinions, triple checked things, datalogs, gap adjustments etc. Nothing was solving my problem. Finally broke down and took the car back off the road for upgrades. 44gate, cams, new injectors and c16 are on the list, already got the ball rolling and I should be back out in about a month or do. Thanks for watching :thumb:
By Axix23
#347328 Post up a datalog of when it hestitates
. Are you running s300?
By Uknterror
#347405 Neptune RTP, I have a saved log that I didnt get revised because I said screw it and tore it apart anyway. Hesitation is up top and hits flat 10 afr and when it momentarily clears up it blips to 11.3 (where it should be), but the break up is all gears and its a lean (stays around 14).
By Axix23
#347411 Does fuel press drop when it hits 14 AF? Prolly a fuel pump/injector issue.
Does it do this if you run it only in open loop? At wot, you should be in open loop anyways but still to see. Email Jr, he is the developer of Neptune. He can shed some insight. I would send him your datalogs as well. I normally deal with k series but b series can't be that different. Do you get any knock counts when you go lean?
By Uknterror
Axix23 wrote:Does fuel press drop when it hits 14 AF? Prolly a fuel pump/injector issue.
Does it do this if you run it only in open loop? At wot, you should be in open loop anyways but still to see. Email Jr, he is the developer of Neptune. He can shed some insight. I would send him your datalogs as well. I normally deal with k series but b series can't be that different. Do you get any knock counts when you go lean?

I have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge to the rail, never put it back on a dyno to verify, both pump and injectors are being replaced but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the pump itself giving me problems (aem 320lph). I still find it hard to believe that me out of the 10+ plus people I know running the same injectors to be the ONLY one having issues.........twice. The tuner is no slouch either. It's not consistent either as when it misses.

It has a noticeable miss at idle (like a compression loss miss), clears up slightly/momentarily/randomly at part throttle under 3200 rpm. Sluggish up top.
By Uknterror
#349039 Sup guys, been away for a while but just wanted to share where Meatloaf stands now. Reading back you will see I had some complications with the car shortly after being tuned, long story short it turns out it was in the injectors (I won't slander the company name but unfortunately I will not recommend them to anyone).

Anyway, I got retuned about a week ago and everything is going ok despite some issues. The cams I ordered were correct (stamped and all) but the profile was not right, we did not discover this until white it was being tuned. It was a Blox off the shelf cam so nothing crazy but the car did not react the way it was supposed to during the session (motor is 100% healthy). So I was not able to make the power I was supposed to but made enough to be satisfied.

Secondly it's confirmed my turbo seal is blown thanks to Precision, still makes and holds boost fine but that could also be what is hindering me from power (not likely but still possible). I have a vid of me doing a quick pull, feels decent enough
By Uknterror
#349040 Oh boy did photobucket eat the quality.
By Uknterror
#349137 Getting ready for next season right now just enjoying the car, still need to make some adjustments and fix things like leaks, breaks etc. Btw vibrant steal muffler is the freaking greatest muffler ever hands down!
By Uknterror
#350890 Back again (just can't stay away) with some more drama for my car. Few months ago I was playing around at the track, still on street tires. Managed to make two passes that night, on the second pass I felt something snap right at the launch (rolled it off the launch). Come to find this
Image[/img]
By Uknterror
#350891 Needless to say my "season" was over, I needed to pull it back out anyway to address transmission problems. Also I had discovered why my car struggled to make 480 this time. My turbo was dying, had pretty bad in and out shaft play and smoked more than a diesel with a stack.

Turbo is toast and Precision is mostly to blame :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
By Uknterror
#350893 Changing some things around and going full steam this year for the roll race event, honda day and whatever track has a 11.5 index class.