Post YOUR Sedan here
By OCHO
#314553 Hey everyone, I would like to start by saying thanks to civic-eg and all it's members for making this the best civic forum out there. I'm amazed at how much I have learned about my car from this site!

So now on to my sedan.

95 blue DX
D15B7 auto tranny
Completely stock
122xxx miles

EDIT:

Current Mods:

Intake
NGK Plugs and wires
New rotor/cap
New valve cover seal and plug seals
Skunk2 springs and shocks
Front strut bar

Amber corners
Red "TypeR" badges
Front plate relocated (zip tied lol)
8th gen "civic" badge
Stickerbombed fender
Painted steelies

JDM eg8 short armrest
Stickerbombed sun visors
Custom shift knob
TypeR style shift boot
Stickerbombed ECU cover
Mugen floormats
Silver cig lighter
Custom door cards (Super Mario and pink plaid)
Domo mascot

New pics on page 3!

Hope everyone will enjoy!!
Last edited by OCHO on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By K!RK_180i
#314588 welcome to the forum dude 8)
By EJ1_MK
#314591 :welcome:
By OCHO
#314606 Thanks! Can't wait to put some pics up after work.
By OCHO
#314653 Thanks for all the welcomes!
Ok, so here are some pics from when i first got her

Normal scratches and small dings and dents as expected, other than that the body is in great shape :D

After a few days I installed a spectre intake cone on the stock intake tube.

Some pics after i buffed out all the minor scratches and a wash and wax

Cleaned up the interior and wiped down the engine bay (it was already super clean)

Once she was nice and shiny and mostly scratch free I started ordering some parts for the little touches. The rear Honda "H" badge was missing so I ordered some new blue ebay badges

Of course they didn't directly fit so I had to shave down the plastic prongs on the back

A few days after the new emblems came, her new ebay ember corners got here!

After the amber corners went on it started to rain heavy again. Went for a drive and noticed a small leak coming from the aftermarket sunroof (yep DX with a sunroof :?) so i re-sealed the entire thing.

Now we're up to this current week, it was my friend's turn to drive us to work so i figured perfect time to paint my steelies! I love blue with white wheels so I went for it

Due to parking restraints and limited daylight after work, I decided not to remove the wheels for paint. I sanded all the wheels down starting at 100 grit and moving up to very fine, then applied the first several coats, and the final coat 48 hrs later (thanks for the DIY's Teal!)

Painted Steelies ftw! I think they look pretty good for what they are :hehe:
Looking forward to everyone's thoughts, comments, and advice! Thanks for looking :)
By OCHO
#314654 So to summarize:

First thing I did was buff out the minor scratches, wash, wax, and clean interior/wipe down engine bay

spectre intake cone on the stock intake tube
ebay blue Honda "H" badges
ebay amber corners
white steelies

Also re-sealed the aftermarket sunroof
Cleaned all the excess spray off the tires from painting the wheels

My future plans for her :twisted:
-Tein lowering springs
-upgrade shocks
-upgrade tires
-ASR subframe brace
-rear sway bar
-front upper strut bar

-front tow hook
-tints (not too dark)
-refurb body trim moldings
-fix dents
-new fender
-paint (keeping her blue)
-rear ferio trunk lip
-SIR/Type-R/Spoon sports front lip

-Mugen oil cap
-Spoon sports radiator stay
-paint valve cover

-Type-R shift knob
-Password jdm shift boot
-oem front/rear seat upgrade
-SIR center console
-eg armrest
-new carpet

Tell me what you guys think im definitely open to suggestions. A few things im not sure of yet are: choosing a secondary color (either green, purple, or pink) and doing a mini-me swap. I want to stay with the D series for sure, and I want her to stay reliable. I do have a budget just like everyone else but I have no problem spending the extra money on quality parts to keep her running strong
:thumb:
Last edited by OCHO on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By familyEGuy23
#314778 Looks good :thumb:
When u mean secondary color do u mean two tone? :?
Sounds like some good plans I was reading that you want type r shift knob and pw:jdm shift boot are you going to do an auto to manual conversion? :hehe:

Ps.
Those are low miles nice find :thumb:
By OCHO
#314819 Thanks everyone!
drivehrideh wrote:looks pretty good lets see it lowered a little now

Next thing up is gonna be lowering it some time this month can't wait. Thinking around 2".
By OCHO
familyEGuy23 wrote:Looks good :thumb:
When u mean secondary color do u mean two tone? :?
Sounds like some good plans I was reading that you want type r shift knob and pw:jdm shift boot are you going to do an auto to manual conversion? :hehe:

Ps.
Those are low miles nice find :thumb:

Thanks, I was so pumped to find one with low miles and stock :D
For a secondary color I just mean a color for suspension componants and engine bay like valve cover and stuff like that.
Yeah eventually I want to convert to a manual ex tranny, don't know how far off in the future that may be so I left it off my list for now..good eye btw picking up on that!
Thanks for the input!
By familyEGuy23
#314827 Ok I see purple would look good with that Harvard blue :thumb: pink would be pretty pimp too 8)
I also had the same plans when I got my sedan but mine needed a lot of work if you do the auto to manual conversion make sure you have everything before you start removing things :wink:
By OCHO
#314950 Thanks purple is my first choice too seen some pics of others that look really good..pink would be cool too since its nice and bright. Your car's come a long way man I think you should def go for the paint if you're still feelin it :thumb:
Thanks for the advice on the tranny swap nice to get it from someone whose been there already!
By OCHO
#315062 So I guess we're getting hit with the remnants of that hurricane up here it's been pouring for 2 days. Driving in to work today (about 8 miles) I noticed a tiny drop of water fall onto my pass seat. Thats when I realized I forgot to double seal my imposter sunroof :x

Weather says it's supposed to be kinda nice out tomorrow with no rain until sat soo I will definitely be double sealing her up tight. Will post pics (unless it comes out crappy lol).

On a side note..anyone know where I might be able to find brand new seals for it? I have no idea what brand it is but I know its aftermarket because DX has no sunroof and it's not one from the EX so I ruled out that it was added as an option...thanks.