Post YOUR Sedan here
By ej2??
#312955 Hi every body ive been lurking on civic eg for a long while now reading, learning, laughing and decided to make a thread about my progress or there lack of with my eg8 because of my luck with it.

im a college student in philadelphia majoring in business, im a complete and utter noobie when it comes to cars ive learned form here from my girlfriends uncle whos in to hondas,ive read so many threads DIYs that in theary i can do it but thats all i got theary NOTE im jobless for 80% of this story and i am now!

initially i had a auto ej2 which i got made fun of by my girlfriend. why u ask? cus she had a ek coupe and her uncle races so she learned to drive to stick to fit. 2 months later while driving to class it over heated and the headgasket blew turns out it had a oil leak that would couldnt find, we fixed the gasket and sold it i stayed carless for a bit.

a little less then a year ago we found a used dealership with my current sedan in it, my eg8 was the best looking car in there clean engine bay interior was 8/10 but o god! 315,xxx on the clock!! no documentation of the engine ever being rebuilt but my dad took it for a spin or 4 he loved it said it was perfectly fine so we bought it and took it home

that night wanting to learn to drive stick badly i called up my inlaw and he took me to a spot and gave me a lesson. while taking pointers from him i notice the heat gauge went all the way up when i look out the front windshield theres white smoke coming out of the hood!!

We limp the car home he parks it and says to me "welcome to the honda game"in the morning i pop the hood to see if i can find oil anywhere and to my surprize i find peices of radiator all over the place the friggin thing blew the hell up!! and the headgasket went again! :cry: :cry: :cry:

heres a pic of the bay to break up this ocean of text
it was completely stock no bolt ons when i got it

she sat there taunting me for around a month till we got a family friend to fix it took him a week to get it done bit by bit i stood by his side and learned what to do and he gives me a free no name header

while it sat there my sisters bf gets a white dx sedan with boosted with a built d15b7 head he didnt like the sound of the exhaust so i traded him my stock exhaust for this :hehe:

so the cars fixed but now i have no exhaust so what do i do
learn to drive stick on my block and let every one know how well im doing!!! :thumb: for 3 days i sat there moving the car back and forth in its parking spot untill one day i get up in the morning and tell my mom im going out in the car i ignore her protests confident in myself i mean i moved the car a whole foot the day prior with out stalling out!

i jump in turn the key and haul ass down the block! alarms going off people sticking there heads out wondering what is making all that noise!! i love driving with no exhaust haha!! never looked back since that day
[/img]
Last edited by ej2?? on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
By ej2??
#312957 i land a shitty little job get paid 200 a week getting up at 5 am till 2 pm delivering bread and helping at the corner store near my house for a horrible lonley fellow and also get paid to pick up my little cusins and tutor them for 175 time to get my car started

i buy a high flow after market cat and cat back exhaust(ebay)

im given a set of spw racing seats i trade them for MB racing rims

i litteraly stubble on to H series motor mounts for a ef and sell them

i buy a autopage alarm and get it installed i buy this a amp and wiring

my exhaust get to my house heres where the luck starts shitting itself on me again the day we put on the exhaust it was a family afair everyones out side having fun waiting for the car to get "fixed". a family friend it lining everything up under the car tightens the bolts its done! he takes it for a spin my dad gives it a spin my turn i take a few turns around the block park the car sitting in it happy as hell revving i press on the brake and the pedal just drops no back pressure not stiff at all just bottoms out

WTF!?!? im thinking! at this point ive learned a few things drop down to the floor look under the car and see a puddle i stick i finger in it smell it feel it ITS FAWKIN BRAKE FLUID!!!!!!!!! MY BRAKE LINE BROKE!! :? :cry:

in the morning i jack up the car and the brake lines are horrible ugly scary looking things how could it be! the only rust on the car was a bit on the rear wheel well none any where else how could it be! well i noticed the under side was a bit rusty could b easly fixed though

she sits 2 months teasing me again waiting to be fixed again....family friend pulls through again!(works at a junk yard) finds flex lines we get them pulled on

while putting on the line he snaps somthing so we leave it at that till then next day,next day we finish bleed the lines go to turn it on and! Nothing! batterys dead! i go and buy a battery shes alive!! finally! :woot: :woot:

months roll by and i keep getting more parts like these!

i also have ground contol coilovers and tokico whites
none of this is installed yet
but this is how my ride sits for now

storys not done yet.. sadly
By ej2??
#312959 k lets speed up this damn story months go by cars fine

one day car wont start dash turns on lights do to but engine wont crank i have no damn clue call my uncle inlaw while checking under the hood we notice theres a oil leak from the headgasket :x (original head bolts were used) so another problem for me. we try to see if the fuel pump is working it makes no noise so we though it was either the pump or main relay. 2 days later i pull one off a teggy bring it home nothing...we buy new pump inlaw installs it while im at class..nope nothing drastic measures we toe it to the autoshop we hang out at they rip it apart trying to find the problem takes 2 days turns out guess what!? A damn bad ground some where i still cant figure it out.$250 gone for a single wire

a lil while after that in the college parking building im driving up the floors and a woman is stopped over a speed bump right when im coming to a complete stop behind her she slaps her car into reverse and slams right into me

only pic i have bumper hanging down signal gone headlight bent upward bent fender

week later i get amber corners new head light and bend the fender back in place

got into a fist fight with my boss and now im jobless again :thumbdown: its ok though i drilled holes in his gas tank :twisted:

around a month ago i get into the car turn it on and smell gas i get out the car smell gets worse
look at my engine bay near the fuel filter anything look alil off to u? give up?

FUEL SAID F U! karma bit me in the ass?!!? it broke under the car took so long to get it fixed the battery died again got lucky and found a eg with a flex fuel line but couldnt get it in the stock positions so we bent it where we could

this morning battery was dead again lol wondering if its worth putting on the blackworks stuff coilovers and tokico whites or not after all this i hate the damn thing but i love it to i learned alot

i know i love my honda but it doesnt love me :(
how she sits today
By ej2??
#312961 o yeah when the woman backed onto me idk what happened with the rack and pinion but its shit now leaks bad so i need a new one
By ej2??
#312986 and its not over yet if i dont sell it, I hit 317,038 afew days ago sometimes it idles really low like 4-500 feels like its going to stall im thinking its cause of the headgasket?
i have a rear disc swap waiting too im in need of teggy ebrake lines and a 40/40 prop valve
By ej2??
#312987 and its not over yet if i dont sell it, I hit 317,038 afew days ago sometimes it idles really low like 4-500 feels like its going to stall im thinking its cause of the headgasket?
i have a rear disc swap waiting too im in need of teggy ebrake lines and a 40/40 prop valve
By familyEGuy23
#312993 Have you checked your compression?
And my bro has a 40/40 prop valve for sale pm me if your interested
By ej2??
#313010 lol thats funny i just noticed i read your whole build thread yesterday while in class you've gone through alot aswell

how much for it?
By ej2??
#313013 So i get out side ready to go to class and spot this

someone had a good ol time with my fender :x
By ej2??
#315497 got the bwr stuff put on in the street..............car fell of jack.. no stands haha...put the rims under it saved my car picks of damage,lcas and subframe in the morning.
By ej2??
#315501 got the bwr stuff put on in the street..............car fell of jack.. no stands haha...put the rims under it saved my car picks of damage,lcas and subframe in the morning.
By ej2??
#315525 all shitty camera pics sorry!
forgot to get longer bolts so i couldnt put the beaks bar on
also have purple bwr lugs forgot to put them on

now damage its not too bad since it saved my car maybe i can paint them i want GSR swirls
they are MB racing rims looked it up once there supposta be an oem option for mercedes i dont belive that muchthey look like pepboys rims to be

center cap broke

o and someone lightly keyd my car..again!
By familyEGuy23
ej2?? wrote:lol thats funny i just noticed i read your whole build thread yesterday while in class you've gone through alot aswell

how much for it?

Pm'd :thumb: