Post YOUR Sedan here
By 92civicEGsedan
bigJOE671 wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:If everything goes well I'm gonna get the cash tomorrow from my friends dad and work for him for a while and go get the k20a2 tomorrow or sunday I'm so excited I can't sleep right now then I know a manager really well and gonna try to get her to get me a job then the k20 swap shall begin :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: but that's if I can get the money and if he still has it and I figured if it is messed up it would be less expensive to buy it and rebuild it for more power then to speed $2k and get one that runs then speed the cash to build it so $300 is a hell of a deal in my eyes

Good luck on getting the K20...that would be a great deal!

If I would have asked my dads friend for the money a few days sooner I would have me a k20 sitting in my room waiting to be put in my car right now but I missed my chance
By 92civicEGsedan
#330609 Well as of a couple of days ago I started on shaving my side molding. I got one side welded up and my driver front door and fender welds ground down and covered in bondo ima try to finish my door and fender so I can epoxy it so they won't be bare metal and rust anymore then to the patch panels so I can get them ready to be epoxied since I have around 4 weeks of class left and won't be able to work on it till next fall
By 92civicEGsedan
#331749 well ive come to an delima i should be making around $800-1000 this week working for my mom while shes on vacation. I want to buy some stuff for my car, i plan on getting 2 new tires and a lowering kit for my car. i also want to buy either a transmission swap(this automatic is getting old), all new energy suspension bushings, and a suspension techniques sway bar kit for my car seeing as how its a 92 and doesn't have any and i dont like having that much body roll in a lil car. now my problem is which of the two i should get, ive priced the stuff i need for a transmission swap at pullapart and its around $300 for everything. the bushings are $220 at oriellys and my dad gets a discount there and the sway bars are around $300. i dont really need the bushings but i want to replace them anyways. i can hold off on one of them till i get my check for college but i think it would be better for a transmission now since i dont have to worry about getting to class or work since i have no job and i can get any kinks worked out before class in august. what is yalls input on this any suggestions would be great
Last edited by 92civicEGsedan on Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 92civicEGsedan
92civicEGsedan wrote:well ive come to an delima i should be making around $800-1000 this week working for my mom while shes on vacation. I want to buy some stuff for my car, i plan on getting 2 new tires and a lowering kit for my car. i also want to buy either a transmission swap(this automatic is getting old), all new energy suspension bushings, and a suspension techniques sway bar kit for my car seeing as how its a 92 and doesn't have any and i dont like having that much body roll in a lil car ill also have to get a subframe brace with this. now my problem is which of the two i should get, ive priced the stuff i need for a transmission swap at pullapart and its around $400 for everything. the bushings are $220 at oriellys and my dad gets a discount there and the sway bars are around $300. i dont really need the bushings but i want to replace them anyways. i can hold off on one of them till i get my check for college but i think it would be better for a transmission now since i dont have to worry about getting to class or work since i have no job and i can get any kinks worked out before class in august. what is yalls input on this any suggestions would be great
By FG2_Andrew
#331751 i'd buy tires and suspension components. though, you may not have a ton of body roll.. those old, worn bushings wouldn't hurt to get some attention. replace that and it'll be like a new car.

and $400 is a little steep on a transmission.. especially in unknown condition.
By 92civicEGsedan
EH2_andy wrote:i'd buy tires and suspension components. though, you may not have a ton of body roll.. those old, worn bushings wouldn't hurt to get some attention. replace that and it'll be like a new car.

and $400 is a little steep on a transmission.. especially in unknown condition.
its $300 for all the swap parts the last time i went and helped a friend get a transmission it was like brand new no worn out gears or sencros and the tires are mandatory i got steelies in the front and 17s in the back
Last edited by 92civicEGsedan on Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#331759 Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh gotcha
By 92civicEGsedan
#333094 Image
Got new parts from my uncle now I just need to finish hooking them up
By 92civicEGsedan
#333742 Bought an exhaust tip since the glass pack didn't have one and the glass pack wasn't full out from under my bumper cover and all the exhaust fumes was running right up my bumper cover IMO it looks way better with an tip

By 92civicEGsedan
#334035 Got great news my uncle is giving me his skunk 2 lowering springs for my stock springs :thumb: ill post pics tomorrow when I Finnish swapping them
By 92civicEGsedan
#334055 Before

After

Now I just need to finish swapping the rear coils
By 92civicEGsedan
#335204 Image

To my surprise the 17s fit with my car lowered
By 92civicEGsedan
#336644 I now have one patch panel completely welded in now to start on the other side next week and then to finish sanding down the car and to primer it which is just two doors, runs and the roof and then she's ready for paint
By 92civicEGsedan
#338581 Well today I went to the junk yard and got the stuff to put a front sway bar on and after 3 hours of work it's on and it has so much less body roll I was surprised and I'm loving it :woot: :thumb: