Post YOUR Sedan here
By dawg316
#302670 only managed to take 2 pics durring my swap

dropping the big old auto auto the way

and once it was completed sitting pretty

By brandoff88
dawg316 wrote:slight update. got the flywheel in. installed pilot bearing. also when i went to install the throwout bearing i deceided to read the stamp on the trans. turns out i got an A000 = ex trans instead of a B000=SI trans. kinda choked but oh well.

only got a few more parts to pick up and i should be good to throw in the 5 speed.

also my bro snaped a good quality pic of my footwork

a000 are the ex/si trannys b000 are the dx/vx types, your good on that they are almost identical if i do believe so, i got 2 of em and they are not sluggish :thumb: unlike the old dx one i had :hehe:
By TrailerTrash
brandoff88 wrote:
a000 are the ex/si trannys b000 are the dx/vx types, your good on that they are almost identical if i do believe so, i got 2 of em and they are not sluggish :thumb: unlike the old dx one i had :hehe:

Wrong!
http://hondaswap.com/reference-material ... ecs-29132/
and the only difference between ex and si is 5th gear
By fatcoupe
#302965 those rims and that sedan are lookin good sir...keep it up! :thumb:
By brandoff88
TrailerTrash wrote:
brandoff88 wrote:

Wrong!
http://hondaswap.com/reference-material ... ecs-29132/
and the only difference between ex and si is 5th gear

i never said they WERE identical, i said i beleive they are ALMOST identical i couldnt remember wich gear was different and didnt want to give false information :thumb: plus unless your driving around in 5th gear all the time its not really going to matter all that much

EDIT: haha ooops i got the stams mixxed my bad.. hmm i could have sworn they were reversed...huh oh well live and learn
By dawg316
#303409 just a lil pick up

Si front sway bar and 19mm suspension technique rear sway bar with black works racing subframe brace. gonna be a minute till i can get them installed. need to order endlinks for the rears also need front and rear LCA's. gotta fix my CEL and idle situ out first
By dawg316
#312811 *update*

swaybars installed. handles like a boss. getting tired of the low hp do im doing a little build.

stock block ( d15b7 F&$# the haters :P )

b7 head, milled .030"
smaller headgasket unshure of z6 or 2 layer y8
reground cam by colt cam. going with a try-flow stage 1
adjustable cam gear
also gonna add a header and exhaust

expecting 10:1-10:8 compression depending on how i wanna do it

currently the head is at the machine shop and cam is getting reground atm. long weekend so not expecting them asap.

more info on the tri flow cam. http://www.coltcams.com/html/tri_flow_t ... /index.cfm

crazy design. will post a review on when its done.
primary intake:..........264 degrees
secondart intake:.......248 degrees
exhaust:...................262 degrees
By TrailerTrash
#312832 hell yeah man all motor b7 :headbang:

i love this car :thumb:
By dawg316
TrailerTrash wrote:hell yeah man all motor b7 :headbang:

i love this car :thumb:

thanks brahh.

little update. got the head back from the machine shop .030" decked off the head. slapped on my valve cover and z6 IM just for shits and giggles.

kinda woried about my piston to valve ratio but looking at the relifes in the b7 pistons. i think it might work. wanting to go to y8 2 layer headgasket now instead of z6. 10.2:1 vs. 10.5:1 hmmmmm

gonna clay or putty my pistons and check for valve clearance before im certain. my current head isnt coming off till the day of the swap.
By dawg316
#314609 well dropped the new head on yesterday. 10.5:1 compression, colt triflow stage 1 cam, stock valvetrain, golden eagle adjustable cam gear, and z6 intake mani

now for pics
starting the removal. indexed timing belt removed valve cover and other stuff. also a/c deleted a week ago. soo much more room to work, next mods gonna be ps delete

exhaust mani off , trying to get the tensioner bolt loose. what a b@$% that was. rounded it in the proscess had to buy a socket tool that removes them. Image
^^^^ swear by that tool. saved my ass yesterday

dropped the head, began cleaning the surface ( really important step !!)
also applied some copper sealant spray on my headgasket to help it seal.

and a shot of my diy work bench seeing how i dont have one, gonna build one sometime soon.
transferring all my intake mani junk from one mani to the other.

pics of my fleet. 65 impala 4 door. gotta rock a 4 door :p

and for the best part
230 inline 6. rebuilt the head not even a month ago. used same paint on the civics valve cover. VHT copper engine paint.

so after the install. she fired up by quickly died. advanced the dizzy timing and she ran right. took it for a drive still low on power , needs more timing. gonna play with my cam gear. got it set on 1* advance. ( rotated counter clockwise towards radiator) but i have a feeling i retarted it? the center of the cam gear is what turns but the outside stays stationary. wanted to run 2 degrees advance to compensate the milled head. but unshure how to get more adjustment. only can adust it 1 degree. do i have to back out all the bolts and move it???

gonna try to dial it in today. runs slow but drives fine. low rpm as well. should have it running mint tonite. and ready for rippppppers !!!!! :woot:
By dawg316
#314772 Update. Dam injectors leaked like a mofo. Took 3 trips down to the parts store for o-rings and 1 trip to the junkyard for an injector. After spending the day fixing it . Took it for some rips. Seems like I got a low idle issure. Probably being caused by bad vacuum. But besides that she runs fine. Still need to dial in that cam gear tho. At idle u can't even hear the cam. Cam pulls good past redline but by limiter cuts me off by then. Time for a tune?
By dawg316
#315098 went to the dyno today. car runs alot smoother idles good now and would deffs recomend it.

first pull was around 91hp not what i was hoping for. my tuner bumped it up to about 101, which was soon followed by 118, then at the end managed to get it to around 120hp. thouhgt to do a little test and drop the power steering belt and got another 3 hp across the hole powerband with it.

123hp and 104ft torque

click link for vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkH5jniRxK8&feature=youtu.be
By dawg316
#317648 finaly got around to scanning my dyno sheet. time for an exhaust and header.

checked my oil a few days ago and it was realy low. ontop of that so was my coolant. hope it isnt coming out from the head gasket. also my brand new clutch cant stand the abuse of a decent launch so thats got to go.

im thinking new build next year....?