Post YOUR Sedan here
By LionHearted1
#279419 Howdy everyone. My name is Alex, I'm 21, and I kick it down in Cape Coral, Fl.

Thanks for checking out my 1993 Honda Civic LX.

I originally picked the car up from a Goodwill lot back in '06(ish) for $3,000. She had 17,000 original miles on her, and from what I'm told, the previous owner was an older gentleman that passed away, and his kids decided to donate the car as a tax write off.

I'd like to consider myself the original owner of this car. <3

When I first got her, I actually had literally no interest in modding cars, or anything of the sort. But this buddy of mine had a '99 Mitsu Eclipse GS... it was a 5 speed and had a muffler on it. Not an exhaust, a muffler. My friends would give me a hard time about how much cooler his car was than mine... I never really considered it a contest, but after a while it started to irk me.... a lot.
I decided to learn everything I could about Hondas, and this one specifically so I could build it into something beautiful.
That was back in 2008.

Since then I've made quite a bit of upgrades to the car...
Still have the original USDM D15b7, now up to 54k miles. :)

-Headers
-Full 2 and 1/4 inch exhaust, leading out to a 4 inch N1 canister muffler.
-Short ram air intake (I'm upgrading to cold air soon)
-replaced the cat converter with a test pipe (No emissions testing in Florida!)
-NGK Iridium Spark plugs and plug wires
-Mugen front lip.
-Blacked out all the chrome on the car (I hate chrome)
-Strut bar
-I found a pretty sweet looking set of sideskirts on ebay, picked those up, and they look good with the front and rear lip, the latter of which remains uninstalled.

The car is currently sitting at its stock ride height, and on the original 14 inch steelies/hubcaps.
I took some Plastidip to the hubs to black them out... I'm intending to remove the caps soon and just show the steelies off... maybe I'll get some center caps for them or something. I dunno.

After years of him putting it off, I did actually get to race my buddies Eclipse GS. The very same one in this picture.

I beat the holy hell out of him.

As far as future plans for the car...

Short term-
Swap the N1 canister out for a twin loop. Probably OBX, it's just a muffler, so I'm not really needing anything special.
Half nose mask
Fog lights
Smoked tail lights
Ferio styled rear window visor
JDM Amber corner lights

Long term-
D16Y8 mini-me (I heard this mini-me was better on the low end)
OR (and this is my preference)
JDM D15b (Love that 3-stage Vtec)
I'd like to repaint the car gunmetal grey.
15in Integra LS Meshies (Powdercoated black)
Coilovers, lowering the car to a sensible height, it is my DD, and I already scrape the thing every good once and a while.

Open to suggestions, of course.

Thanks for checking my car out. It's a pleasure to meet any/all of you.
Last edited by LionHearted1 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gtstripes
#279424 nice start! even beter because its a sedan :thumb: :thumb:

you will learn everything you need to know on this site :P (it was this site that got me into modding my car)
By TrailerTrash
#279444 welcome!

the JDM D15b is not the D15b with 3 stage vtec
By LionHearted1
#279451 Thanks, I'm really excited to learn as much as I can.
Even start school for mechanics in January.

Which D15b is the D15b with 3 stage Vtec?
By familyEGuy23
#279466 Welcome :thumb: wow I dream of a chance of buying a civic with low miles like that .
D15b stage 3 Vtec is obd2
D15b Vtec is obd1
They both are jdm and have " D15B " written on the block
By TrailerTrash
familyEGuy23 wrote:Welcome :thumb: wow I dream of a chance of buying a civic with low miles like that .
D15b Vtec is obd1

thanks for clearing that up for me good sir!
By Ajax1989
#279490 fuck yea!

cape coral...

i used to live in ft myers.. down in san carlos park.. a lil north of estero and bonita

welcome to the site!

nice sedan!
By LionHearted1
D15b Vtec is obd1

So, if I wanna go fast, and I do... which one should I pay my attention towards?

fuck yea!

cape coral...

i used to live in ft myers.. down in san carlos park.. a lil north of estero and bonita

welcome to the site!

nice sedan!

Thanks.
Yeah, not really much of a car scene down here. Apparently there were some races going on around Treeline, but I heard that got busted up pretty badly, police sting, helicopters and everything.

I've actually checked your sedan out before, it's pretty hawt might use it for some inspiration.
By Ajax1989
#279538 Yea I used to race there but we used to go immoklee drag on Fridays and race and we used to go to Costco on the corner of Daniels and 41 there was a big meet there on sats nite,
and thanks my car is a pos tho
By LionHearted1
Yea I used to race there but we used to go immoklee drag on Fridays and race and we used to go to Costco on the corner of Daniels and 41 there was a big meet there on sats nite,
and thanks my car is a pos tho

Yeah, I've dragged my car at Immoklee too, I think I did like... 12, or 14 seconds on the 1/8th. That was quite a while ago though.

I think the Costco meet is still going on actually, not sure.

and hey, my car is a piece too, if it makes you feel better.
Dash cluster is caught up in all kinds of strange.
By familyEGuy23
LionHearted1 wrote:
D15b Vtec is obd1

So, if I wanna go fast, and I do... which one should I pay my attention towards?

IMO I would go for the obd1 :thumb:
By LionHearted1
IMO I would go for the obd1

Isn't that engine turbo-able like right off the assembly line?

I mean... when it was on the assembly line.