Post YOUR Sedan here
By Loaf31
#353799 Looks really good man! Keep the updates comin' :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By marc212
#354403 Wusup yall, some fresh updates, workin slowly...
One piece I made for the wheel well, welded in already.
Inside of the quarter panel, have one more piece to make to fill in the gap.

Last thing to fix and then I could weld the panel on

Before and after a cleanup.

That's the plan. :thumb:
By eg8civicJA
#354479 nice work... coming along nicely

i can learn a lot from you :hehe:

i have a grey carpet (same as yours) i want to make black... what exactly did you use? i really like the look of yours

what can i use to clean my gauge cluster glass, did you find a solution?

have you repainted the needles in the cluster to orange? i actually liked the blue look, its different. i think i will do my own red :D
By marc212
eg8civicJA wrote:nice work... coming along nicely

i have a grey carpet (same as yours) i want to make black... what exactly did you use? i really like the look of yours

have you repainted the needles in the cluster to orange? i actually liked the blue look, its different. i think i will do my own red :D

Hey man,
I used DupliColor Vinyl & Fabric paint for the carpet, it's pretty good stuff, doesn't smell after it's dried up.
For the gauge cluster I used a headlight restoration kit to clean the cluster glass.
Yeah I painted the needles myself. I changed it from blue cuz you couldn't see the needles too well at night time, the orange that I got is neon orange so its bright when the light hits it, neon colors are probly the best you can use.
By eg8civicJA

marc212 wrote:Hey man,
I used DupliColor Vinyl & Fabric paint for the carpet, it's pretty good stuff, doesn't smell after it's dried up.
For the gauge cluster I used a headlight restoration kit to clean the cluster glass.
Yeah I painted the needles myself. I changed it from blue cuz you couldn't see the needles too well at night time, the orange that I got is neon orange so its bright when the light hits it, neon colors are probly the best you can use.

thanks so much for the information.

i will see if i can order some DupilColor, but i may need more as i plan to change the color of mine to red. how much did you use on yours, cans?

i will check on the restoration kit for the gauge cluster glass

such a pity, did you check if they had neon blue? if there is such a thing, wonder if i can do mine neon red :)
By marc212
eg8civicJA wrote:

marc212 wrote:Hey man,

thanks so much for the information.

i will see if i can order some DupilColor, but i may need more as i plan to change the color of mine to red. how much did you use on yours, cans?

i will check on the restoration kit for the gauge cluster glass

such a pity, did you check if they had neon blue? if there is such a thing, wonder if i can do mine neon red :)

I bought 4 cans, used like 3 and a half in total. Didn't see no neon blue or red, only like pink, green and yellow.
By marc212
#354531 Some of the latest work on the car...

Fixed some holes in the trunk

That's what happened to the metal plug that was in there before

Finished welding the wheel well part

Another shot of the interior

Kind of a blurry pic but that's gonna be the final colour.
By marc212
#354612 Finished welding in all the new pieces. It's all ready to put the new quarter panel in. :thumb:

Found a rusted fuel line underneath the car. All the other ones were changed and look brand new except for this one :thumbdown:

By marc212
teal_dx wrote:Nice work replacing all the hidden rotted areas with new metal. :thumb:

thanks man! :thumb: Soooo much work to do all that and then trying to get it all to fit.
By marc212
#354853 Some frsh updates!

Undercoated all the inside of the quarter panel before I put it on.
After a couple hours of tack welding.

Messed up on the wheel arch part, cut out way too much and the door didn't align with the panel.
I cut out those welds and cut out a piece of sheet metal to fill in the gap. And then tack welded that in.

Grinded the welds down, painted it with primer and now I have to fix all the lil holes still left. The panel warped a lil bit in the middle, but not too much. Gotta go over it again and weld all the holes in.

Wheel arch part

Did some work on the back of the trunk, filled one hole in and cleaned up all the rust.

All my parts so far waiting to be put on...

lol, a lil editing :thumb:
Wooooooooo, almost done! :D :D