Post YOUR Sedan here
By marc212
#354612 Finished welding in all the new pieces. It's all ready to put the new quarter panel in. :thumb:

Found a rusted fuel line underneath the car. All the other ones were changed and look brand new except for this one :thumbdown:

By marc212
teal_dx wrote:Nice work replacing all the hidden rotted areas with new metal. :thumb:

thanks man! :thumb: Soooo much work to do all that and then trying to get it all to fit.
By marc212
#354853 Some frsh updates!

Undercoated all the inside of the quarter panel before I put it on.
After a couple hours of tack welding.

Messed up on the wheel arch part, cut out way too much and the door didn't align with the panel.
I cut out those welds and cut out a piece of sheet metal to fill in the gap. And then tack welded that in.

Grinded the welds down, painted it with primer and now I have to fix all the lil holes still left. The panel warped a lil bit in the middle, but not too much. Gotta go over it again and weld all the holes in.

Wheel arch part

Did some work on the back of the trunk, filled one hole in and cleaned up all the rust.

All my parts so far waiting to be put on...

lol, a lil editing :thumb:
Wooooooooo, almost done! :D :D
By marc212
#355444 Started taking out the headers and one of the studs in the engine was broken, it snapped inside of the engine too so there's no way to grab it. Tried using those extractors but its not working too good. I think I started drilling into the engine. Anyone have any idea how to get the stud out?? Can I just go without one stud?

Need some help with this, I have no idea how to get it out!
By marc212
#355690 First coat of paint down, gonna wetsand it and do a second coat and then a clear coat.

I think it came out pretty good with just spraypaint. :thumb: :thumb:

Couldn't fix the broken bolt so I just put the headers on with out one bolt, no leaks so far.
By Loaf31
#355698 Looks pretty good! I'd give it about 3 or maybe even 4 coats, wetsanding in between each one. But thats just me :wink: Looking good!!
By marc212
Loaf31 wrote:Looks pretty good! I'd give it about 3 or maybe even 4 coats, wetsanding in between each one. But thats just me :wink: Looking good!!

Thanks man, I think it should be good with the second coat, just finished wet sanding and painting again tomorow, then 2 coats of clear coat after
By marc212
#356199 So the paint job is done, wetdsanded the clear coat polished it and waxed it. Thought it would come out more glossy but it looks aright. Couple spots were you can see the clear coat streaks.
Gotta put a couple things on still, painting the sideskirts the same color and need some rims lol
This is the difference from when I started wetsanding the clear coat and waxed it. Big difference but I thought it would come out better
If you look closely you kinda see a bunch of spots like indents in the clear coat.
By Loaf31
#356207 Yeah I had that problem with my wheels. Did you use wax and grease remover when you painted? those pin pricks could be the paint not adhering to a surface that isn't clean enough. I'm not 100% sure on that though. you could sand it back, use wax and grease remover and then give it another coat if it bothers you too much.