#272640 Recent Pic

Hey all!!
I decided to make a build thread, so here is my car as it sits now
Enjoy!
Image[/img]
and the engine bay...
[Image
the inside...
got bored one day so I stitched blue stitches in the shifter boot.
The car is getting ready for paint, still undecided what colour to go with blue, black or white, but the hood is going to be black, it is completely stock!
tell me what you guys think
Last edited by marc212 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By marc212
DontHateonEG8 wrote:nice start buddy!!
woah is that bondo on the mold clips?! [smilie=nono.gif]

Thanks!
LOL, I tried that first but it didn't look like it would hold, so I glued like squares of aluminum sheet metal on the inside, and now i am filling the outside with bondo.
By DontHateonEG8
#272643 to be completely honest with you, glue has tendency of taking a shit at high temperature. the only proper way to do the molding shave is to weld those square pieces of metal in. theres a diy somewhere here on the forum about a guy shaving the moldings on his sedan.

here it is

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=20986
By marc212
#272647 Ill see how long the glue will hold up, I always wanted to weld it in, maybe one day when I learn how!
Thanks for the link!
By marc212
#272649 btw I used LePage PLPremium Construction Adhesive
By marc212
#272731 almost finished....
painted the bezel grey and clear coated it
does anyone have any idea how to clean the plastic cover over the gauge cluster so it doesn't have all the scratches on it, I was thinking of wet sanding it on both sides and using clear coat, would that work?
By RyVcZ
#272819 surely has a long way to go but these are the kind of builds which would truly be fulfilling in the end. good luck man keep updating us :thumb:
By eg-guy
#272893 i really like the valve cover color, but the painted bolts n cap dont do anything for me.

otherwise good start :thumb:
By marc212
eg-guy wrote:i really like the valve cover color, but the painted bolts n cap dont do anything for me.

otherwise good start :thumb:

thanks!
I didn't like how the oil cap looked black so I painted it, and the bolts just for fun :lol:
By marc212
RyVcZ wrote:surely has a long way to go but these are the kind of builds which would truly be fulfilling in the end. good luck man keep updating us :thumb:

thanks a lot!!
will do. :thumb:
By pacs
#273051 this will be an awsome build thread. keep us updated with the progress. what color will this be? im guessing blue. :wink:
By marc212
pacs wrote:this will be an awsome build thread. keep us updated with the progress. what color will this be? im guessing blue. :wink:

still unsure but I might be going with blue