Post YOUR Sedan here
By teal_dx
#358997 Welcome back and sorry for your loss. :(
I like where you're going, talking about the next build... :headbang:
Build it for you is the way to go :thumb:
By juls1488
#359000 Thanks teal. Reading over that post I sound like I'm in the middle of a full blown manic episode lol. I have made a few sketches and some really sloppy cut and paste using blueprints off the web. Nothing is to scale, I'll try to correct that this weekend. When I remember how log back in to photobucket I'll post some teasers.
By Loaf31
#359005 Man, I'm so sorry for your loss, Juls :(
I'm stoked at that rendering though! What front end is that?? Looks Kanjozoku as hell!
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
It's getting rowdy in here :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
By juls1488
Loaf31 wrote:Man, I'm so sorry for your loss, Juls :(
I'm stoked at that rendering though! What front end is that?? Looks Kanjozoku as hell!
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
It's getting rowdy in here :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Thanks man.
It's the front off a 1977 Accord Sedan.
I had some time today to sit down with a friend of mine who does body work and sheet metal fab. The planned route with this is to make custom pieces out of sheet, and fit it in a one piece nose that will lift forward like a drag car. Also planned is to tube the front chassis from the shock towers forward. The rad support would have to be changed anyway, so go big or go home. It obviously won't look exactly like the accord, but it'll be close. Slightly longer, and the hood will be more like a kaido racer hood and over hang the grille. The rear bumper and tails will be worked over as well. Originally I was going to try and source oem parts, but that is a no go. At $300+ for a beat up fender it will be far more cost efficient to custom the pieces even factoring in the cost of acquiring and English wheel.
Lots more planning and measuring to do before any metal is cut or shaped.
I'll try to post regular updates as I make more progress.
By TrailerTrash
#361308 hell yeah lets hear some news and see some pics :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: