Post YOUR Sedan here
By TrailerTrash
#352684 Image
By Axix23
#352752 What size tires are you running?
By juls1488
Axix23 wrote:What size tires are you running?

most likely a 205/50, unless i can get a killer deal on some 225/50.
id prefer a 215, but havent found anything in a 15 inch tire.
tires are a ways off for me yet though.
By juls1488
#355653 Wow. It's been awhile. Tires are on the wheels, should be picking them up tomorrow. I haven't been working on the civic much. I moved, wrecked a Subaru, blew up another, bought a third and turned it into a 22b replica, and then fixed up the other two broken Subaru's. I'm also currently looking at a other set of wheels. Not telling what they are, but the hint is old skool jdm and 14in diameter.
I'll post pics when I get the wheels with tires back on the car.
By juls1488
#356429 Had this huge post typed out and the preview function bugged out on my phone and I lost it all. :x
So, short version.
Wheels are wide, tires are meaty as fuck. Gonna reduce offset by either getting rid of spacers, which are 25mm, or reducing he width, and gonna make the flares more flared as I start attaching them.
The fronts are gonna be my biggest challenge.
The jrsc is coming along, but I'm having a few issues to straighten, its just a matter of patience and perseverance.
All in all, next spring is gonna be awesome.
As for the winter, I just finished turboing my widebodied impreza coupe, which is a blast at only 8 psi, and I should have it lifted about 2.5 inches by the end of the month. Snow can bring it!! Lol.
Stay tuned for more. I finally got regularly working internet at my new place so expect more regular updates.
By Loaf31
#356433 :shock: those are incredible!! Id reccomend takin the spacers off, since they're adding 25 mm of negative offset and would be easier than messing with the width of the wheels. But that's just me :thumb: can't wait to see what you do with em!
By TrailerTrash
#356490 oh yes :shock:

MOAR :x :x :x

and pics/vids of said subaru
By juls1488
#358239 Regarding the civic, not much. I sourced a set of rc440 injectors for the civic, and that's about it at the moment.
As far as the subaru, it's still turbo, but I had to ditch the top mount cooler setup. The 07 wrx intercooler doesn't line up enough to the hood scoop to be really efficient, and it was causing my performance to suffer. So I went front mount. Had to combine various parts of a jdm gc8 wrx kit and a usdm 05 wrx kit to get the right bends in the piping. Super responsive still even at only 5 psi. Hits full boost at 3200rpms lol. As of right now, that car is where I want it, and will only get regular maintenance attention.
For the future of the civic, Im changing the way it's going to be getting flared. A friend of mine is a wizard with frp, and when he gets caught up with making dashboards in the next month or so, we're gonna sit down and come up with a completely custom flare setup, with some heavy kaido racer influence. If I can get some time this week I'll sketch out a quick concept.
In a more personal note, I'm gonna be a father! Which has me looking at a more responsible daily driver, foremost in my mind, an 05 rdx turbo. Just because I'm gonna be a parent doesn't mean I have to be boring. I'm super freaking excited!
By teal_dx
#358290 Congrats man! Same boat here... have a reliable daily (tsx) and the civic collects dust because I never have free time to work on it/drive it. My advice to you is get those projects wrapped up as much as possible before the baby arrives :woot:
By juls1488
#358980 So sorry for the long absence again. Had a lot going on, and none of it was good. There were some complications with the pregnancy, and long emotionally wrenching story short, not going to be a father this year. Basically fell into like a really bad depression. On top of that, the turbo impreza is turning out to be a terrible daily. Not in terms of reliability, that's been great, but comfort and efficiency are put the window. I average anywhere from 15-19mpgs, and I have to drive 30-100 miles daily for work. So after some serious evaluation, the coupe is for sale. I'll miss it, but I'm just not emotionally invested in it like my civic. As far as daily driver duties are concerned, I still have the outback wagon that smacked a deer, and the one that the headgasket blew on. Together their powers combine to firm one completely normal and entirely unassuming wagon.
My lovely lady in an attempt to get us out of our funk, surprised me with a trip to honda day in etown. It was like me eyes opened, and I went back to that first weekend I ever wrenched on my car. In short, I am fired up about this civic and my vision for it has evolved. There won't be any of this breaking necks or "killing the game" crap that the stance kids play. 4 figure "real" wheels and vinyl wraps are not where my mind is at. I reached back and drew inspiration from many of the car cultures in the us and Japan throughout the years. Kaido, shakotan, donk, gasser, hotrod, ratrod, and from the current Japanese craftsmen like Nakai-San, who makes all his cuts by hand, and eyeballs each and every one. And Miura-San drawing inspiration from the Japanese classics and creating a modern analogue, that invokes that classic feel, while still being decidedly modern.
I'm going for a feel that is handcrafted, slightly crude yet refined by personal emotions and effort. I'm not trying to get insta famous or build it for the internet. What I want people to take away when they look at this work, is that it means something to me. Enough so, that I would invest in it, not just money or time, but the emotion, effort, and will required to turn a mass produced run of the mill hunk of metal into a personal work of art. Not just my Mona Lisa, but my Sistene Chapel, my Madonna on the rocks, and my purgatorio, inferno, and my tempest. A grand cration in my eyes, and if it so happens that someone else looks at it, and sees even a fraction of what I do, and takes away just the slightest bit of motivation, then that is good too.
On a more practical side of things, I've started taking measurements and gather price information. If I have a chance this weekend I'll hash out some rough sketches, and give you guys an idea of just how far off the deep end I plan on taking this.
This is gonna be a wild and not entirely smooth ride. Buckle the fuck up. :D