Post YOUR Sedan here
By juls1488
Leppy wrote:I'm about this close to tossing out my Skunk2 alpha throttle body away and getting a BWR or Edlebrock throttle body. I'm pretty positive it's causing very slight idle issues still, not to mention that even though I multimeter tuned my TPS to read perfect half a volt idle to WOT voltage, it still causes the TPS CEL to come on and stay when I floor it. It clears when I shut the car off, but it still bothers me that something might be off with it. The TPS is a factory sensor, btw, since Skunk2 doesn't come with one.

Ditch that junk2 and go with an edelbrock.
And yes do it! A Honda ballade conversion would be awesome. Gotta do the quarter panel mounted antenna too. :thumb:
By Leppy
juls1488 wrote:Ditch that junk2 and go with an edelbrock.
And yes do it! A Honda ballade conversion would be awesome. Gotta do the quarter panel mounted antenna too. :thumb:

I deleted my antenna, so I wouldn't add another one lol. I never used it.

The more I think about it, the more I want to add tan leather Integra seats, swap over the bronze Enkei wheels, get color matched rear LCA's and subframe brace, and do a Ballade badge swap.
By Leppy
#349071 Random shot of my baby while I was working on the hatchback. She's got a fresh set of tires now too.

By Axix23
#349146 :thumb:
By Leppy
#350519 Idle issue found. Bad PCV valve. Cleaned it out and the idle issue is sorted. It's an autozone special, so I'll be getting one from the dealer soon.

Also replaced my TPS, since it was going overvoltage. The new one got 4.5v WOT, and .5 idle, so hopefully it'll run better now.

Haven't done much else aside from maintenance. Got a new clutch master and slave cylinder that i'll be putting on soon, since the MC is leaking pressure slightly.
By teal_dx
#350530 Just replaced a TPS on a friend's civic. It was all messed up from sucking up some water during a flood. Did something similar happen to yours or does a TPS just go bad eventually? My original one is still going :)
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:Just replaced a TPS on a friend's civic. It was all messed up from sucking up some water during a flood. Did something similar happen to yours or does a TPS just go bad eventually? My original one is still going :)

I really don't know what caused it to go bad. The voltage jumped around and it went to nearly 5 volts on WOT. I think it just wore out. It could have been messed up when I swapped it over to the skunk2 TB, though, because I never could get it to stay tuned after that.
By Leppy
#351208 Major update:

I washed my car!

I haven't been able to do anything over my break because of a surprise medical issue, so there's really nothing to report. I had planned to replace the clutch master cylinder, redo some speaker wiring, and maybe paint the valve cover but I could barely leave the house much less work on the car.

I need to claybar the paint and give it a good wax soon.

And those thinking it's too cold to wash a car, it's been in the 70's here for the last few days and I was sweating outside.
By Leppy
#351209 I also swapped out my 6000K HID bulbs for a set of 4300K ones because the blue-ish tint was messing with my night vision. It's a nice improvement.
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:This thread is due for some updated pics, since you got it washed :thumb:

Ya know... it rained yesterday! I'll have to get some this weekend lol.
By Leppy
#352138 Sorry no updated photo's lol.

But I did do some much needed work to it.

Upgraded the Skunk2 66mm TB to a BWR 70mm TB, which eliminated the idle issue I've been chasing for nearly a year.

Also, new starter. Because the one on the car gave up the ghost.
By Leppy
#352202 SO I went this morning to get my wheel alignment done because I noticed a little toe-out in the front. This, apparently, was caused by my left inner tie rod falling out of place. $230+ later, and I'll get it out of the shop tomorrow.
By Leppy
#352790 Random shot of my baby out at a friends house. She's a dirty girl, but still sitting pretty.