Post YOUR Sedan here
By Leppy
#358164 So my tranny has been acting up recently and lately has been making noise. Last week it refused to get into gear. Replaced the master cylinder and slave cylinder and flushed the fluid and same issue (though the pedal feels better). Turns out the life cycle of a Competition Clutch stage 2 kit is 3 years. I'll be ordering a new clutch kit, flywheel, and bolts in the very near future. I think a spring failed or came out. We'll find out soon.
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:2 years? That's shit :( I might expect that from an ebay knockoff but not CC.

Those were my thoughts when I ordered it in the first place. A $300 CC kit should have lasted me quite a long time, but nope... It failed. Gonna get some ARP flywheel and plate bolts, Exedy OE-spec clutch kit, and ACT lightened flywheel. Not messing around this time and getting everything new just to be on the safe side. I'll get pics of the old clutch when I pull it. I'm super curious as to what particular part failed, but it sounds and acts like a spring is loose and getting caught.
By Leppy
#359361 Updating while I'm here: This poor girl has been parked at my Dad's place since earlier this year. The clutch issue coupled with much needed maintenance means she can't be driven. As soon as I'm done putting a new engine into a friends car, I'll be putting her on a trailer and bringing her up here to my new house so I can pull the engine and transmission and do a maintenance overhaul.
By Leppy
#6907737 I'm still alive! That whole adulthood thing caught up with me finally. Clutch issue turned out to be a destroyed pilot bearing. After sitting for a year or so, I'm finally getting around to getting this beast back on the road and then more upgrades are planned.
By chrono404
#6907741 Look forward to seeing updates. I recently brought my eg out of retirement as well.

I think the sedan is a great platform for being an adult and being able to stuff extra people and things that being an adult throws your way and still as fun and economical as an eg.
By teal_dx
#6907742 Sucks a simple bearing can bring everything to a halt... But at least it's a cheap fix!
Glad to see you're getting her back on the road :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#6907749 Yeah dude welcome back :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Leppy
#6907756 Thanks! Yeah, I'm 35... time to be an adult I guess. I've got a new lightened flywheel, clutch pack, ARP bolts for it all, etc... Once I get the time, It'll all go back together and I can give her a bath and give her some love.
By Axix23
#6908051 Hey man. Sup?