Post YOUR Sedan here
By CerealKiller93
#253166 I bought this car originally for my girlfriend. It needed a new motor, i had one laying around, and i was going to swap it in.

Well... Mid-swap this happened to my EJ2:

The wreck actually WAS NOT my fault. The guy ran a Red Light and I T-Boned him. Turns out, he doesn't have insurance. I'm in the process of suing him. Bastard.

Luckily the car is still drive-able. All it needed was a radiator which i had in the EG8.

I ordered the Avid Racing Auto-2-Manual billet aluminum mount... It had a lifetime warranty, and I knew if i ever decided to go with a B-series swap, or whatever i decide to do, it will work, and it Can hold the power. It was worth the extra doe.

Right now, the goal of this project is to replace my busted EJ2. Power is not exactly a goal right now. In the future, yes. Now, not at all. In fact, with the current gas prices, Gas mileage is the goal.

I don't have the best pictures of it right now, but these are what i had snapped fooling around in the garage one night. Car is covered in saw dust. Here's my soon to be pride and joy:

haha, so i had a little fun with it. In case you are wondering, the other car i speak of in the finger writing is my 1987 BMW 325. I've had it forever and its my long time project. Its on hold at the moment so i can get my new daily on the road.

I know the pictures suck, but i at least wanted to get a thread going for the build. I'll update next week after i actually start the swap. Its hard to get started because i'm still driving the wrecked one. i have to be able to get back and forth to work. I got an old corolla that i'm going to put tags on this week, new belts, and clean it up. I'll drive it during the swap.

Don't be too harsh on me, comments welcome.
By CerealKiller93
#253167 Oh yah.. i didn't really give any plans for the car:

Initial Plans:
-Swap over D15B7 from EJ2 w/ manual tranny
-All things required for the manual conversion (done my research, got all parts)
-Buddy has an Integra GS-R Steering rack for me, swapping it in.
-Swap over coil-overs (sleeve type) from EJ2
-Swap over cat-back exhaust from EJ2
-Clean the engine bay up
-Paint the engine bay
-Clean up the engine
-May paint the engine/undecided if its worth the effort.
-Swap in sound system from EJ2 (the works, Pioneer Headunit, iPod connectivity, Kenwood speakers, 2 Infiniti 12" subs, kicker 300w mono-amp)
-New Windshield
- CLEAN THIS NASTY THING!!!!
-D.I.Y. Polyurethane mounts (thanks teal-dx)
-Roll the fenders

Near Future Plans:
-Mini-me swap
-EX transmission
-Supercharger
---I've thought long and hard about this one. It will require some fabrication, and alot of help from some friends that can weld. I'm planning on getting some type of Eaton unit from like a GM 3800 V-6, you know the ones that are in like Buicks and stuff. I would go turbo, but this is my daily driver, and i absolutely have to have A/C. I refuse to give it up. Its hot as hell here in tennessee in the summer time. I've found these superchargers as cheap as 50 bucks before in working condition. My buddy made one work on his BMW, so I think i can make it happen.
-Function and Form Type-1 coilovers or Koni/ground control combo.
-Energy Suspension Polyurethane master kit
-Smoked Amber corners like I had on my coupe
-H.I.D. kit
-Paint Job
-Dye the interior (its freaking Maroon guys, its gota go!)
By azn12345
#253275 i would keep the interior because the color is rare. other than that, looks like it'll be a great start of a nice project.
By CerealKiller93
#253407 lol, sorry i don't care if the interior is rare or not, its but ugly. if it was my bmw and the interior was rare an ugly, i'd reconsider, but its a civic, and i'm obviously not trying to make it a numbers matching car like my BMW.

thanks though. it will be really nice when the basics are done.
By Classiccarsrule85
#253417 id say dont dye it sell it or trade it off for another color if you could since this would seem a bit simpler and easier and defiantly more cost effective then trying to dye and paint every panel....

and p.s. its not maroon its champagne lol but yea id see about just getting another full interior shouldnt cost too much and in my mind would be less stressful as your just bolting in something and not trying to color match everything.
By 1ACarlos
#253444 Big project but worth it.
By CerealKiller93
#254418 it would really be more of a pain in the ass for me to buy everything second hand, then try to sell everything else, and i still probably wouldn't be satisfied with it all. I would have to find a complete interior, in black, in perfect condition. It will cost me more to do that, then to just buy the dye.

The car has alrady been sitting for two years, and the p.o. delivered pizza in it for its last year on the road. The interior is filthy, i'm already going to have to take out every single panel and clean it thoroughly.

i can't stand someone else's filth, and the filth isn't just surface deep. So the way i see it, all the cleaning i have to do is half the work. Won't be much more work for me to just go ahead and dye it.

This certainly isn't my first car, and it certainly isn't my first project either.

Thank you for all of the kind comments though, they are appreciated.

if someone just can't stand the thought of me dyeing this "rare" interior, then feel free to box all your parts up and trade me, it doesn't really matter what i start with. Lol.