Post YOUR Sedan here
By Mountainguy816
#252812 Well I decided to start my build thread. This is my first eg Ive always wanted a hatch but I have a family now (girl, kid, dog) so I picked up a sedan so I could finally have my eg but family friendly.. Got this off a buddy for 1100 when I got taxes back but I feel it's a good start. I'm on a very tight budget right now (I'm a server at a not so busy Italian joint) so until I get a better job or business picks up it's gonna be a lot of little things cleaning and little bits and pieces. Here's how she sits now.
Last edited by Mountainguy816 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
By Mountainguy816
#252815 When I can figure out how to successfully get pictures from my iPhone to photobucket to on here I'll have some pics of what she looks like
By 603 jdm
#252885 looks like a definite good start to me! i payed 1000 for my coupe but i think you got the better deal ha. what are your plans for it? :thumb:
By Mountainguy816
#252916 Thanks man I appreciate it. :)

I've got a lot (a lot!!) of plans for her but as I stated before I've got a family and a job that's not bein so good to me financially right now but I decided that I can definitely afford a dollar a shift which works out to like $6-8/a wk. And if I start makin more money that's just more I can save.

I bought her with tax money (perks of havin a kid) so when taxes come around I'm going to make my major investments (motor next year, body and paint following year) but do whatever I can afford to do in the meantime. I have quite a few things that just need to be replaced or are missing completely and need to be bought. But I will elaborate more into my plans when I have more time. I am still trying to find a place to start but will probly go with painting, dyeing, and recovering what I can in the interior since all that stuff isn't too expensive specially when you love doing it yourself :D
By Mountainguy816
#252918 If anyone needs to know how to get pics off an iPhone onto this site using only the iPhone let me know I'm pro now it's a PITA but it's all I got
By Mountainguy816
#252932 Got some time my girls goin for drinks here's what I'm workin with

parts it came with-

1 piece headlights meant for a 2dr and aftermarket so it fits like crap
on my car I want to trade for stock
Aftermarket taillights also want to trade for stock
NoName cold air w/ apc filter
Unknown headers
Unknown exhaust but it's mandrel bent and sounds good w/o
a muffler so I'm keepin it
Hacksawed shifter (ghetto short throw)
ICW wheels not sure what model but I like em and they are clean
Unknown lowering springs I like the way it rides but it doesn't sit right

the bad-

Interior needs work missing a few pieces and a hole in the passenger door
panel
Both fenders
Hood is kinda beat
Side skirts missing
Crappy headlights
So-so taillights
Broken windshield (cops aren't too bad here)
Leaky Strut
Trailing arm bushings toast
Driver side ball joint a little loose
Little bit of rust and some dents and some places where paint is bad
Oil leak somewhere in the motor but not bad

things I wanna do-

INTERIOR
replace carpet and dye black if not already
replace few missing pieces and broken door handle
recover anything I can possibly faux seude
paint most everything black or charcoal grey that doesn't get fabric
integra seats or something like it
optional audio console if I can ever get a deal on one
cd player
replace speakers
aftermarket steering wheel
steering wheel quik release
and maybe the gauge cluster that goes to 160
oh and a wink mirror when I can find one

EXTERIOR
oem fenders
jdm sidemarkers
aftermarket black housing headlights or diy
amber corners
mugen style lip
purple or blue HIDs
maybe yellow projector fogs
carbon fiber oem hood
carbon fiber spoon style mirrors or GT style carbon mirrors
carbon fiber trunk
ek side skirts
ek front mudflaps eg rears
stock taillights
tinted windows
jdm window visors
roof wing or ferio wing if I can find it
oh and I need to replace the rear bumper

ENGINE
K24/20 frankenstein swap w 6spd
CRVTEC
LS/VTEC
K is what I want but we'll see how much taxes are next year
even thought about a J swap but that's just nutty

SUSPENSION
Konig Candy's or Work Meister's or SSR's
Coilover suspension nothin too fancy mainly just adjustable drop maybe tein basics
Rear Disc conversion
Stainless steel lines
Urethane Bushings everywhere
front camber kit
rear camber kit
Blackworks or blox LCA's
Blackworks subframe brace
rear strut brace

I think that's about it may be some things I'm forgetting but for the most part I think that's all. I want to buy the best that I can afford or save up or trade for i.e. Tein skunk2 blox etc but budget dictates everything and right now mine is nil but it's all about time, pride, and love for my car.

Oh and the wheels would be black with polished lip and I want to use green or blue colored billet parts
By Loki_95EG
#253005 Good plans man! I seen a Optional center console on KCSR.org going for like $300 brand new, might wanna check that out... and you can get wink mirrors off ebay for like $20, thats where I got mine from!
By Mountainguy816
#253019 Thanks a lot guys I'm going to try to go get the stripper/cleaner for the plastic and some paint this weekend to start gettin the interior cleaned up.

I need a new passenger door handle and one of those little cup things(handles) that go in the rear door armrest. Goin go see how cheap they are from a couple yards in town also going to price all the body parts I need if I can find one w the same paint code otherwise just gonna see bout taillights headlights ek side skirts and mudflaps

Also stopped by the local Jo-Ann fabrics to check out their selection and found the black fabric I wanna use.. It's microsuede and it's like $9-10 a yd but I need to find a different kind of black maybe paisley or plaid to use if not they had charcoal grey microsuede I'll use. The only thing I'm worried about is gettin something too thin I thought about wool aslo just for that reason

so plans are-
sat cleaner and paint
sun IFO KC... Loki if you're gonna be there pm me
mon day off...so I'm searchin the yards
By Loki_95EG
#253058 Sounds like you have some plans figured out already!! :thumb:

Those door handles wont cost a thing if you put them in your pocket lol, I do it all the time! if you want new body parts check out Certifit, they have brand new body parts for pretty cheap! Its not painted so comes black, just an option if you dont find them in the yard.

And as far as IFO, I wish I was gonna be there man, Im stuck here in afghanistan for another 45ish days... so Im gonna miss it which sucks!

My local shop owner JT is gonna be there with his car, and another guy who works there Anthony might have his car also! Wait til you see JT's 9sec runtimes! its like a red firey hatch! Im pretty sure I have a cousin or two going to lol

anyways man, when I get back from afghaniland I'll hit you up for sure!
By Mountainguy816
#253063 Yea that was my plan to go out there lookin for body and interior parts and just snatchin em... They got pretty good yards in kc? Yea I got the front bumper from certifit I got a buddy in town who is a supervisor at napa and hooks it up at cost I paid 50 brand new shipped to napa. Also my mom is a inspector for the fire dept and she worked with most the yards in town so Im hoping a well placed name drop will get me some better deals

As far as afghaniland goes man keep your head down and do what you do I appreciate anyone who serves. If you round here in the middle of sept there's another one. And yea when you get back hit me up for sure man 45ish days ain't too bad at least you're not just starting your tour

My buddy at napa has a friend with a 700hp turbo ek hatch I'm hopin to see and I'll keep an eye out for the red hatch. What shop you go through? I don't trust our shop in town my buddy I got this car from bought a stolen car from the owner and I've heard other horror stories. Good for a dyno and that's about all i think I'll let em do