Post YOUR Sedan here
By vinylguy
#231052 As the title would lead you to believe this is my tale of 2 Civic's. Which will ultimately lead to one decent DD. :)

First some pictures I guess... :) then some BIO and info on plans.

In this first picture is one of the worst days of my LIFE! The AE86 was Mine. The White Honda belonging to my best friend of 13 years now. We had just arrived with both of our families, 5 kids total for a day of fishing. On our way to the river down the path 3 guys passed us... Hey how was the fishing, blah blah, see ya.

I had just set my pole down and we hear... SCREEEECH SCREEEECH BAM! CRASH CRASH! I WAS LIKE OMFG! I knew right away at least one of our cars had been hit.
We came up the hill to see a green Isuzu Rodeo driven by those very same 3 guys we had just seen... TRYING TO LEAVE THE ACCIDENT!

He couldn't clear the honda when he backed up from crushing my 86. :(
Needless to say he was arrested for drunk driving, and Totaled both cars. TOTAL LOSS! X2! :(

SO here begins my tale. :)

The white honda... drove home. As did my 86. My buddy could not afford the time or the cost to fix his honda. SO. I used some of my settlement to buy his totaled civic.

picked up for $800, runs drives, no grinds, just kinda shitty, not taken care of.

Then i spent another $850 on this...

My other friend... backed out in front of a garbage truck. LOL

WOW what a perfect combination! good front, for a bad front. :)

You can see where im going here. :) so lets skip to some bio.

White DX Honda:
ZC !? :(
crappy weld on muffler...
lowered on...?
Mostly stock, tore up, bad carpet, stained, moldy.

Green LX Honda: :)
JDM D15B
New Trasmission with stage 3 ACT
DC Header
HKS Catback
pullies
crap intake... most likely ebay. LOL
VIS Carbon evo hood
Denji glass black housing projectors

My next update will show the the progress made so far.

I'm glad to post here on a Honda EG forum. And look forward to plenty of conversation in the future. :)
Last edited by vinylguy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
#231066 dang! what did you end up doing with the 86?
By vinylguy
#231153 sold the 86 for parts. ended up getting 1500 cash for the wrecked 86. and the insurance company paid me another 1400. :D
By vinylguy
#231337 Update...

SO... I continue my story. :)

The White Honda was hit pretty hard, but luckily the hit was to the left of the drivers side frame rail. Below is a picture of the core support exposed and pulled out so i could remove the smashed AC condenser.

Once I got everything tore apart I noticed that the top half of the core support was replaced some time ago. The factory core support was cut across the front and a new top half was installed.

Next picture shows the entire core support removed. I used a spot weld driller, and lots of prying, grinding, bleeding, etc. :)

WOOT! most of the damage at this point is gone. We had to bang on the frame rail as it was bent slightly towards the center. But after a few good smacks with a 3lb sledge BAM... Test fit of the new core support!

The fit was decent at best. I attribute that to the parts channel inc. core support that i used. But hey I'm on a tight budget. :/ lol anyway...

Here is a test fit of all the exterior pieces snagged off the donor car.

Please don't flame me for the gay fenders... they came with the car so they work for now. I'm gonna get some metal fenders ordered up as soon as i have a little coin. :)

Here is a picture of the core support welded into its final place, and a coat of white paint to prevent rust... and not have a black core support when i open the hood. :/

SO... I went on ebay and bought some black crappy corner lamps that would pass DMV. I also picked up a new front bumper since the donor one was complete crap. Here is a picture as the car sits pretty much right now.

I removed the aftermarket or factory wing... couldn't tell. looked stock Honda to me. I also removed the AC and power steering. eh it's my dd mobbin car. lol

Total spent on parts so far... about 250$ that's including a tank of gas for the wire feed, and a can of white rust paint. :D So... about $1850 to get it on the road. Not bad considering I bought 2 Civics for $1600. Oh and not to mention the complete running, JDM swapped other car. :D I smell a motor swap a coming. Which will be the 4th engine this DX has had in her. heh

Next step is removing the ZC and droppin in the D15B. :)

More to follow.
By Simmons
#231339 This is one interesting thread.
Keep up the good work :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#231403 damn! doin work!

dont worry bout flaming or hating, there is almost none on this site
theres a few that might disagree wit your car, buts its your car, but this site is nothing like hater-tech or other site!

and if your goin for the "jdm" look, jdm unlimited sell the eg9(sedan) fenders wit the sidemarker cut outs and the side markers with them for 160 for both, jsut givin an idea :thumb:
By vinylguy
#231448 You have a link to those fenders... would be interested for sure. :)

Did some more work to the car this morning. I removed the DX cluster and installed the LX cluster. I also changed over all the bulbs to LED's. I hung my hoodie over the cluster and climbed under to get all the LEDs up and running. LOL Neighbors were like wth?

This is a view of what the old tach looked like... Sorry I forgot to get before pics of the old DX cluster. But it is for sale if anyone wants it. :)

And here is a picture as it sits right now. Cannot wait to go for a drive tonight and enjoy my much nicer interior look. :)

Tomorrow I will drive out to the donor car and replace that crappy pillar trim piece. Both cars have Tan interior. :( God I cannot wait to get rid of that steering wheel... the plastic material actually turns on the metal interior of the steering wheel. Any ideas?

Thanks for the warm welcome... And yeah... I hung out here for awhile to determine if I should even post, cause I fear the flames. :) Enjoying sharing my work with everyone, and I enjoy checking out everyone Else's too. :D
Last edited by vinylguy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By scorreia
#231466 omg....you have a denji headlight...this is some of the rare parts that i was looking in portugal.

keep working in your story/project...i want to see the "final" of story :)
By vinylguy
#231506 Thanks for the link. taxes are coming so... expect a pair of those on it. I much prefer stock to bullish fiberglass crap.

Went for a drive tonight and I really enjoyed not having a 5" tach starring me in the face! WOOT! LED's look super sick as well. AND... lol the LX gauges had less miles on them. :) I also had some time today to swap out the stock DX Manual mirrors for the donor cars Power M3 mirrors. Not sure if I like them yet or not.

Here is the stock mirrors...

...I need to fix that trim piece. :(

M3 mirrors installed... Not wired up or anything, and im thinking about painting them white, even the turn signal. I don't like it.

Here is a final picture for today of the hood and both mirrors installed on the car. I also took care to use the stock seal so they shouldn't leak. :)

As you can see the hood has seen better days. It is VERY oxidized, yellowed. I test buffed a small area as you can see, and the results were promising. I will be wet sanding and re-clearing the hood as soon as I can.

I should start work on the body, and paint in the spring. Until then just fixing everything I can. Tomorrow I will get the trim pieces I need from the donor car. Including the headliner, I say that with my fingers crossed that all goes as planned.