Post YOUR Sedan here
By jdmdx93
#320901 what did you use to paint your panels???
By familyEGuy23
teal_dx wrote:Nice work on the panels! Did you figure out why the hood wouldn't open? I've had the latch on my 96 civic seize up from rust. I had to pry the latch open with a screwdriver from under the car.
Then on all my civics the stupid cable breaks off from the hood release handle... factory anti-theft :lol:

yeah same problem it's a good thing I didn't have the bumper installed, I think when I relocated the hood cable I must have broken it :lol: I got a another cable from the junkyard though and even found an OEM hood with faded Opal green paint no dents or dings :hehe:
By familyEGuy23
jdmdx93 wrote:what did you use to paint your panels???

I used Krylon plastic spray paint but that's before I found out they made Vinyl paint specific for interior by VHT and Duplicolor
By familyEGuy23
#322166 Haven't posted on my thread in awhile, just been having a blast driving my car need to adjust my suspension because it rides too rough on my streets, also doesn't help that the streets are tore up :thumbdown:
My KSports didn't come with the dampening knobs so I'm going to order that this week, guy before me probably had them turned to the hardest setting

Got a OEM hood from the junkyard and all the inner splash guards

I also have been bartering and ended up with this

B16 shortblock haven't opened it up yet but have been contemplating on rebuilding, I just swapped in the D series and will start doing research on the B16 even though from what I heard " it's not worth building a B16 no torque bro "

Current stance :D

I also plan on rolling on steelies + hubcaps soon will most likely sell the GSR specials
By bigJOE671
familyEGuy23 wrote:
I also have been bartering and ended up with this

B16 shortblock haven't opened it up yet but have been contemplating on rebuilding, I just swapped in the D series and will start doing research on the B16 even though from what I heard " it's not worth building a B16 NO TORQUE bro "

I daily drive my hatch with a B16 and also drove a EM1, "no torque" like everyone says. I drove an integra with a B18C5, a GSR, and that was a big difference in torque (to me) compared to my B16.

It feels like a D16 engine basically when your under 4000rpm. When My AC is on...the car just feels like a turtle. Just my $0.02
By bks84
#322191 lol... "no torque"... if torque is what you want... build a muscle car.

i had a b16 in my coupe for a bit, a friend of mine has a b16 in his sedan... neither of us complain. then again, he sorta knew what it would be like before hand, so we didnt have huge expectations to begin with .
By Uknterror
#322207 If you want a torque honda motor you have the choice of a b20 or h22/h23. These motors rev low (6200-7000) but produce the most tq. Other motors just rev high and maintain it. A brief explanation, ofc there are a little bit more factors that play into that.
By d-mon
#322251 lol, about 10 yrs ago i put i b16a in my 92 dx hatch.
biggest disappointment EVAR.
$3000 for the SOUND of vtec.

but i would try it again with a turbo... :o
By familyEGuy23
#322255 Thanks for all the information guys :thumb:
I'll most likely sale it or trade for something else, I've looked at the prices for b16 parts OEM and aftermarket, too expensive for my taste at the moment
My priorities are changing and a few things on my car aren't necessary, more like a luxury :roll:
I'll be turning my car partially stock with the best parts I think were given to USDM, EDM, CDM, JDM honda market

Went to honda today
Wondering why my car was overheating yesterday :oops:
By familyEGuy23
#322666 Well I'm putting my build on break for awhile I'm turning it back to stock and selling it :( Hate to see it go but I know it's going to be going to a great home ....my dad's garage! :lol: it's perfect timing, my dad was going to start looking for a gas saving daily to put his Ridgeline on break and I want a new car, works good for me :D

I will still come on the forum and I will buy my car back or get another EG down the road but right now it's not practical for my use
By familyEGuy23
Brandonthesmith wrote:and ruined, man its like everybody is getting out of Hondas latelyi mean add always do what you got to do bytes man its just a bummer

I'm still sticking with Honda just newer series , have my eyes on the Honda Fit and I will be in an EG but it will be more of a weekend warrior, sometimes safety is more importantant factor especially when you have kids 8)
By Brandonthesmith
#322765 yeah i get it with having kids and all, ( i don't have any yet but i know i would worry about it if i did have them) honestly i am totally digging the fit man they look beast like an ep but smaller. but you should definitely keep with egs too i would love if i had a eg just for beating up on the weekend.